Understanding.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ guy like me

It was silent as the beeping of the monitor filled the entire room. It was already midnight and Minwoo had finally fallen asleep with his head comfortably resting on Suho’s lap. the young boy’s hair, the man exhaled before his eyes wandered over to the unconscious woman reclined a few feet away from him. Carefully, he lifted Minwoo’s head and stood up. He then pulled a chair over to the side of the bed and took a seat. For a moment, Suho simply sat there, taking everything in. “You’re so stupid,” he muttered as he slipped his hand into hers.

Next, he brought it to his cheek and closed his eyes, feeling her warmth against his skin. “God, Aejin, why are you always so selfless? Why are you always so keen about doing things on your own?” There were a number of emotions running wild within him but there was only one that truly mattered. The one emotion that triumphed above the rest: love. Sitting there, Suho prayed and prayed for Aejin to wake up. He wanted to yell at her. Tell her how crazy she had been and let all of his frustrations out on her.

Then after that happened, he wanted to drag her into his arms and kiss her over and over again. He wanted to tell her how amazing she was (even though he had done so plenty of times already), never ever wanting to part from her ever again. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her and that no matter what happened, nothing would ever change between the three of them. That nothing could change what he, Minwoo and Aejin shared.

He loved them and he was sure that would never alter. Because how could you not love such an incredible pair? You can’t, it’s practically impossible. From the moment he had met them, he knew his life would never be the same. He knew that yet he hadn’t mind. And even until now, after the truth had been revealed, he still didn’t mind. Why would he? It’s not like she had cheated on him or was some serial killer.

“You’re really an angel,” he whispered as he felt his eyes watering. Suddenly, there was shouting and screaming coming from outside. The commotion immediately captured Suho’s attention and although he didn’t want to leave her side, hearing her name being called out forced him to his feet. With long and fast strides he exited the room to discover a middle-aged woman trying to surpass the guards while a man (whom he assumed to be her husband) was holding her back.

“I want to see my daughter! Why can’t I?” She hollered, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Madame, you have to be quiet. Visiting hours are closed and you’re disturbing the other patients.” The guard stated.

“You people were the ones who called us, telling us our only daughter had gotten hurt! How do you expect me to keep quiet when you won’t even let me see her? Where is she? Aejin! Aejin-ah, where are you?” Mrs. Park screeched. At the sound of his girlfriend’s name slipping from the woman’s lips, Suho registered the identity of the married couple. They were them. They were the bad guys Minwoo had told him about. They were people who threw out Aejin and Minwoo at the most desperate time. The people who called Aejin dirty, tainted and impure. They were the ones who had hurt Aejin and almost immediately anger appeared on Suho’s face.

Without hesitance, he stalked over to them and spoke in a rather cold and harsh tone, “what’s going on here? What’s with all the ruckus?”

The guard looked at Suho and gave him a small bow. “Sorry Mr. Kim, these people want to see Aejin-sshi but I told them it’s too late already.”

“Who—who are you?” Mrs. Park stammered, stunned. Why was the guard conversing about her baby girl with some stranger?  

“Me?” Suho looked at her with a blank expression. “I’m Park Aejin’s boyfriend. And let me get one thing clear, the two of you aren’t welcomed here.”

“So you must be the guy who got her pregnant,” Mr. Park spat, clearly disgusted.

“Yeobo!” His wife hissed, sending him a pointed look. “Watch your mouth. Why are you bringing that up when Aejin’s hurt?”

“Tch,” Mr. Park scoffed. “If she didn’t make stupid decisions, she wouldn’t be where she is today.”

“Shut up,” Suho snapped in a low and dangerous voice.

“Excuse me?” Mr. Park frowned.

“You’re a disappointment, abeonim. You really are. I always wondered why Aejin always kept pushing me away when we met. Why she talked about being sick of tradition. Why she was always so guarded and now I know why. You don’t know anything about her. Do you know how sad that is? You’ve raised her yet you know absolutely nothing about your own daughter. You don’t even deserve to call yourself a father.” Suho commented.

“And what do you know?” The elder snorted. “You ruined our daughter. It’s because of you that she’s in this state.”

“Because of me?” He shook his head and a dry chuckle was emitted from his throat. “No, you two were the ones who threw her away when she needed you most. When they both needed you most.”

“Just because we couldn’t accept her son doesn’t mean we stopped loving her,” Mrs. Park whimpered.

“But that’s just it,” Suho sighed. “Minwoo isn’t her son.” Shock hit the two adults like a ton of bricks as they stared a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter