The Art of Avoiding.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ you

As Suho sat in front of his laptop, he found it rather difficult to focus on his work. His mind kept wandering off, thinking about Aejin nonstop and the thing was he couldn’t understand why or what in the world his brain was doing. He had never paid this much attention to any woman before, excluding those whom he were linked to through blood-ties so it was definitely big surprise for him to be experiencing such thoughts about her.

An outsider. A stranger. Someone of no significance to him whatsoever.  

The last time he had encountered Aejin was two weeks ago at the ice cream parlor. Since then he hadn’t heard or seen from her at all. Why? Because he had tried his best to dodge her and honestly speaking it wasn’t all that hard for him since he rarely ran into her anyways. The only place he had a sliver of a chance of seeing her at was at the elementary school. Therefore if he steered away from there, he knew he would be safe.

He avoided picking up Miyoung from school whenever his sister would ask him to in case he would meet her and why he was being so childish, he hadn’t a clue. He just knew he wouldn’t be able to handle seeing her again and she obviously didn’t want to see him either. She made that point pretty clear when she grabbed Minwoo, expressed her gratitude a second time but more stiffly than before and stalked out of there right after she finished her speech.

The events were so abrupt and rapid they had become a huge blur to him. All he could remember was sitting there as dumb as a doornail as he allowed her to leave without a single word while Miyoung kept asking him what had happened.

But the part Suho found to be the most disturbing about it was the fact that he was heavily regretting it all. From meeting her to persuading her to stay just a little longer with him because now as a consequence for his foolish actions, all he could do was think about her when he was aware that he shouldn’t be. It was as if the only thing that occupied his mind was her, Park Aejin. From the way her hair framed her face so beautifully to the dazzlingly, bright smile she had on as she delivered a knuckle sandwich to Minwoo.

He tried laboriously to erase her from his memories but he couldn’t do it. It was like she was permanently imprinted into his mind. Sort of like a tattoo. Every detail about her from what he could recall was crystal clear to him especially how hurt she looked. She seriously bothered Suho a great deal.

How could one mere woman render him useless just through one meeting? And the fact that they hadn’t even spent more than an hour together was not helping the case.

“I must have really lost it,” he muttered to himself as he pushed the screen to his electronic device down. His hand moved to his head, massaging his temples as he breathed slowly. In through his nose and out through his mouth. Finally, he got to his feet and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

As he finished hydrating his body with one cup, he poured himself another before he returned to his room. On his way there however, he stopped by the coat hanger which not only carried his outerwear but a familiar gray knitted scarf as well. Suho felt his heart hitch as his fingers embraced the soft fabric. A quick flash of the scene involving the beggar and the angel, who was the rightful owner, popped into his mind. It had been a while since he had thought about her and for the second time, he was genuinely surprised because it seemed like she was the only other person his mind lingered over other than Aejin. She was the only other person who removed Aejin from his thoughts and although it was only temporary, he was still thankful.

For when he thought about her, he didn’t feel guilty, regretful or ashamed.

A soft smile graced his lips as he released the scarf and entered his room. He set the glass down on his nightstand and as he climbed into bed, closing his eyes soon after, he immediately drifted off to sleep. Suho hadn’t been able to sleep so easily lately because of Aejin but tonight, tonight she wasn’t the one on his mind as he slumbered. At least that’s what he believed.

----------

“Oh, I’m here again?” Suho asked himself as he looked back at the pizza shop he had visited a few months ago. However, this time around there was no one in sight and instead of feeling the cold, brisk air of winter assault his body, he felt the warm beams of the sun dancing against his skin. Everything l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter