A New Meaning to Life.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ really really

“Hey, are you ready yet?” Suho knocked on the door and checked his watch. They were tight on time and if they didn’t leave the house now, they would definitely be late. “Jagi, did you hear me?” Next, he twisted the doorknob and his jaw hit the floor when he saw his fiancée (of two years and counting) slipping a floral blouse over her body. “Oh my gosh!” He shrieked, immediately throwing his hands in front of his eyes. “I-I didn’t know you were ch-changing,” he stammered. “I-I’ll just wait outside! Sorry!”

As he closed the door, he could feel the loud thumping of his heart. Suddenly it got rather hot and uncomfortable for him. Suho had to run to the bathroom and splash his face with some cold water to lower his broiling temperature. While he tried to control his breathing, he heard the bedroom door opening. “Joonmyun, where are you? I’m ready.” She announced.

“I’m here,” he replied as he made his way over to her. However, he couldn’t look at her properly. So when he reached her, his eyes were fixated on the floor.

“Oh, you’re blushing,” she giggled.

“I-I am?” He placed his hands over his cheeks and looked at her with rounded eyes.

“Yup and I still find it cute.” Without a warning, she gave him a quick kiss and her smile magnified in size as she retracted. Something like this was not strange to her anymore. At first, she was flustered and embarrassed whenever he would accidentally walk in on her but it was not like they were strangers or anything. Of course she was still shy but not as shy as he was when it happened.

“We should go. We’re going to be late.” She spun around to leave but he caught her wrist and yanked her back, craving for another taste of her oh-so sweet lips. Once a minute or two surpassed, she placed her hands on his chest and gently pushed him away. Her eyelids were hanging low while she attempted to catch her breath. “We have to go, Joonmyun.” She whispered.

“I know. Come on,” he said.

[♦] [♦] [♦]

“Where is he?” She muttered, continuing to search around.

“His flight just landed, Aejin. Give him some time, would you?” Suho chuckled as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and held her close so that she would stop fidgeting around.

“I can’t,” she whined with a pout sitting on her lips. “We haven’t seen him for three months. Do you know how long that is?”

“Not seeing him for three months is better than not seeing him for nine, isn’t it?” He retorted. Then he flicked her forehead softly and chortled. “You’re such a baby sometimes. Did you know that?”

“But you love me,” she grinned.

“I do.” He confirmed.

“Good. You better.” Aejin then craned her neck, resuming her search.

“Hey,” Suho huffed with his brows knitted together. “You’re supposed to say you love me too.” He pointed out childishly.

“Am I?” She looked at him and blinked, feigning innocence.

“Yes. How many times do we have to—” Before he was able to complete his statement though, he was unexpectedly interrupted.

“Noona! Samchon!” A familiar voice cried out joyously. Both Aejin and Suho whipped their heads towards the direction of the voice and their faces instantly brightened.

“Minwoo!” Aejin was the first to shout as she broke free from her fiancé and scurried to meet the child halfway.

Seeing her run towards him, Minwoo let go of the attendant’s hand without a second thought and bolted towards her. He didn’t even bother to slow down either as he crashed right into her. Luckily enough, Aejin didn’t topple over as she successfully retrieved him in her arms. “I missed you so much,” he muttered.

“Same here, bud.” Aejin answered as she patted his back.

“What about me? Didn’t you miss me too?” Suho questioned with a quirked brow.

“Neh!” Minwoo exclaimed, running over to the man next. “It was fun staying with omma over the summer but I missed being with you guys.” He remarked truthfully. “But where’s Youngie? She didn’t come to get me this time?” He looked left and then right and when he didn’t see his best friend, he slumped his shoulders in displeasure. His actions caused the two adults to laugh as Aejin stood up and rolled her eyes.

“You didn’t miss us,” she argued. “You missed Youngie. You didn’t even bother to ask how we were doing.” When Minwoo didn’t say anything, Aejin her teeth and scrunched her face. “You’re a liar. You didn’t miss us at all.”

“Nuhuh. I did miss you guys… I just missed Youngie more.” He clarified. “Where is she samchon? Can we go see her? I got her a present from the States!”

“You always get her a present from the States.” Suho laughed while shaking his head.

“Yeah, where is my present?” Aejin asked, folding her arms against her chest.

Minwoo cocked his head to the side before a wide grin sprawled out across his face. Next, he pointed a finger at his face. “Here I am. I’m your gift.”

Aejin couldn’t help but laugh out whole-heartedly as she threw her head back and held onto her stomach. “Yes, yes you are.” She nodded. “Now let’s get going. We have to go school shopping for you.”

“Will Youngie be coming then?” Minwoo questioned as he slipped one hand into Aejin’s and the other into Suho’s.

“Who knows,” Suho replied with a teasing smile.

◄ Two and a Half Years Ago ►

As Suho and Aejin forced their legs to move, something made them stop.

“Minwoo! Where are you going?!” They heard Hyomin yell from a distance.

“Noona! Samchon!” Minwoo cried, causing them to swivel back around. “Don’t leave me!” He shouted pleadingly as he ran towards them as fast as he could and without delay, tears came tumbling down her face as Aejin dropped to her knees and received the child in her arms. “I don’t want to go with omma; I don’t want to go away forever. I want to stay with you and samchon and Youngie and everyone else I know. Please don’t leave me. Please don’t send me away. I love you.” He spluttered out between sobs.

“Okay,” Aejin cried as she held onto Minwoo as though her life depended on it. “I won’t leave you. Never. I love you too.”

[♦] [♦] [♦]

As Aejin sat across from Hyomin for the second time, neither of them said a word as they observed Minwoo sitting with Suho at another table. Wooyoung was ordering drinks and oddly enough, there was no tension lingering in the air. After a while, the two women tore their gaze from the child and a bittersweet smile graced Hyomin’s lips. “He really loves you. I knew this would happen…”

“He loves you too,” Aejin replied.

“But at the end of it all the person he wants to stay with is you.” She replied with a heavy sigh. She could feel the tears coming again and so she tilted her head back to prevent them from escaping. “You know, I expected this. In my heart I knew that there was a chance of this happening. What I did wasn’t okay, I’ve realized that. From leaving Minwoo to suddenly coming back and trying to take him away from you like it was normal. I prayed that nothing would have changed between us but it has.”

“I’m sorry,” Aejin muttered. “But I really love Minwoo and I—I don’t think I can let you take him. Especially not to a whole new country where he knows no one. What were you thinking, Hyomin?”

“I didn’t know he would become attached to so many people during my absence, just you. And about the States thing, Wooyoung thought it would be best for a change of scenery. He might seem really cold but I promise you he isn’t. He’s just not used to being a dad yet. It scares him a lot since his relationship with his father isn’t the best but he’s willing to try for me, for us.” Hyomin explained clemently as she watched her boyfriend awkwardly place a box of apple juice in front of her son.  

“But still,” Aejin shook her head. “I don’t think I can let you take him away like thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter