Right and Wrong.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ as a man

As she hung up her apron and retrieved her belongings from her locker, Aejin bade farewell to her fellow coworkers. They all told her she did a great job and to have a good night before they waved her off. She exited the eatery and entered the raven colored sky, feeling more than content with herself. There was a brisk breeze that came by and welcomed her, causing the woman to slightly tremble. She rubbed her hands together and then blew into them, hoping to create some warmth.

Then, an image of Suho smiling handsomely flickered in her mind and she smiled. Her heart thumped a little faster at the thought of him when she felt something falling over her shoulders. Looking at herself, Aejin was stunned to discover a jacket draped around her. She glanced to the side and was greeted with no one other than the one she couldn’t evict from her mind.

“I was wondering when you’d come out. You sure know how to keep a guy waiting, huh?” Suho joked as he shook his head at her with the corner of his lips etched upwards.

“I-I thought you left already,” Aejin stammered, genuinely dumbfounded. She proceeded to check her watch and her eyes rounded. “Don’t tell me you’ve been waiting for me. You guys left a little over an hour ago.”

Suho chuckled sheepishly as he scratched his head. “Is it that weird for me to want to take you home? I didn’t know when you got off of work so I just decided to stay to avoid any risks of missing you.” Again, his words melted her heart as her own lips morphed into a tiny and grateful smile.

This guy, he was simply indescribable but definitely in a good way. Aejin had never met anyone like him and if she was to be truthful, because of all of the things she had been through, she didn’t think people like him existed anymore. She counted herself blessed to have encountered him because he was really one in a million.

To her, Suho was like one of those flawless male leads in those typical televisions series she often heard people drawl on and on about, whether it was at the library, school or work. He could practically have any woman he desired but he chose her, the woman who had been disowned by her parents. The woman who had brought nothing but shame upon her family name. The woman who was disgraceful and impure.

The woman named Park Aejin.

The more Aejin thought about it, the more emotional she became.

The unwanted and hurtful memories of that fateful Thanksgiving break replayed in her head and before she could stop herself, her arms had already coiled around his torso while she buried her face into his broad chest. Suho was certainly taken aback by her abrupt action as he stood there rather rigid. “Thank you,” he heard her whisper softly. Something in her voice sounded so broken and wretched that he knew right then that he didn’t have to think about his next move.

Suho didn’t utter a single word as he raised his arms and wrapped them around Aejin. The two of them stayed in each other’s embrace for awhile longer, sharing their heat and emotions all at once. At last, Aejin chose to pull away and when she did, he spotted a single tear stained against her pale cheek.

His expression became doleful as he used his thumb to wipe it off. Once he finished doing so, Aejin held his hand against her cheek, just as he had done when he confessed to her, and nuzzled comfortably against it.

Her eyes were fluttered shut as she exhaled and exerted carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. “I really mean it, Joonmyun. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me.” Just as the last word left her lips, Aejin’s lids hoisted upwards and she locked eyes with him.

Suho caressed her cheek lovingly while he gazed into her captivating orbs. “No, thank you for showing up unexpectedly and being in my life. Now, why don’t we get going before you catch another cold, hm?”

Aejin couldn’t help but let out a small giggle at his words. He was always worrying about her. She nodded and felt Suho’s palm lifting from her cheek only to have it kiss her own seconds later. He interlaced their fingers and gave her a tender smile before he began to lead the way. “Where did you park the car?” She questioned.

Suho stopped and looked at her with his cheeks lightly coated with blush. “I actually came here with Chen. Did you not want to walk? I mean I can call us a cab. I just thought it would be more romantic if we took a stroll and I actually walked you home instead of just to your door. Was that foolish of me? Gosh, I should have listened to Tao when he told me girls didn’t like to walk around too much.” He blubbered on insecurely.

Aejin gawked at him in disbelief before she chortled. “I don’t mind walking,” she resumed moving, forcing him to do the same. “I was just wondering that’s all. I like walks, especially with company. It’s less lonely that way.” She confessed as she re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter