Selfish and Awful.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ love is only you

“Why am I such a nuisance,” Aejin mumbled as she bent down and placed a bag filled with their clothes in a corner. She dusted her hands and then heard Suho coming in. She spun around without a second thought and when she saw that he was struggling, she rushed over to offer him her assistance.

“It’s quite alright, I can manage.” Suho panted, rejecting her help as he carefully put the boxes filled with miscellaneous items next to the other things they had brought in. As he got up and straightened his posture, he felt arms wrapping around his torso from behind. He didn’t even need to think about it to figure out who it was.

His heart rate accelerated as they stood there, neither uttering a word.

Aejin had never acted in such a manner before but she deemed the moment worthy. She rested her cheek against his back and her arms tightened, holding Suho closer. She let her eyes close as she inhaled his subtle scent. “Why are you like this towards me?” She whispered gently. Ever since they met each other, Suho was nothing but kind and caring towards her and Minwoo and all she could do was wonder why.

No one had ever been as good to them as he was—not even their biological parents.

Even when she tried pushing him away, he would still come back. He would still smile gloriously at her as though she hadn’t told him to get lost and continue trying to win her over. He didn’t judge her so harshly and critically like everyone else did and slowly, Aejin found her heart warming up to him.

From strangers to friends and now… lovers?

She wasn’t all too sure what the future was going to look like for them or if they could actually be considered as lovers since he hadn’t even officially asked her out, but where they were at the moment was enough for her.

“What do you mean?” Suho replied as he peered over his shoulder, trying to catch a glimpse of the woman embracing him so boldly. He was aware that Aejin wasn’t too fond of skinship and intimate acts therefore her actions were not meant to be taken lightly.

Then he felt her grip around him loosening, giving him room to turn around and look at her. Aejin’s head was hung low as she stared at her feet. Suho tilted her chin up and forced her to lock eyes with him. “What do you mean by your question, Aejin?” He asked clemently.

Her cheeks were heating up even more, as they always did whenever their skins made contact, and her body temperature was rising as well. A lump was formed in and hindered her from immediately answering him. Next, Suho moved a hand and caressed her cheek tenderly. The nerves and tension consuming her mind vanished as he leaned in and pressed his lips against her forehead. Pulling back, Suho was smiling placidly at Aejin. “Do I have to have a reason to want to look after you?” He answered back.

“But why?” She murmured. “Why are you so caring towards me? Towards us? You’ve only known us for less than six months and you’re willing to let us stay at your house. Aren’t you afraid we’ll steal everything and leave you when you aren’t home?” Aejin would never do such a thing but she wanted to ask and see his reaction. Perhaps it was because he never thought about it before.

“It’s because I trust you.” He declared and his response caused her heart to swell. She hadn’t heard those words in what seemed like forever. The last time she heard the word trust was when he parents were scolding her, telling her what a mistake they made when they trusted her.

“I know you’re a good person, Aejin and I know the hardships you’ve had to endure. You were always the one taking care of Minwoo. The one always placing others before yourself and now, I want you to stop. I want to show you what it feels like to be the one being taken cared of. I want you to be the one I put above myself because it’s time for the world to stop treating you so cruelly, so unfairly. So don’t question yourself or my actions anymore and just accept it.”

Suddenly, Aejin enveloped Suho into her arms again and buried her face in his chest. “But what if we can’t get our apartment back? We can’t just live here for forever.”

“And who told you that?” He questioned.

“Thank you,” she said sincerely. “Thank you for everything you’ve done. Because of you I was proven wrong. Not everyone in the world is a disappointment and you’ve shown me that.” Suho just smiled and her hair.

“Omma, samchon.” They broke the hug and shifted their eyes towards the door where Minwoo stood.

“Neh?” Aejin called out as she walked over to the child while Suho followed behind. She kneeled down and looked at Minwoo. “What’s the matter?”

“Are we really going to stay here?” He pondered.

“Of course. I already said you could, didn’t I?” Suho chuckled.

A bright grin sprawled across his face as he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter