Time to Go.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We just wanted to say sorry we’re not sorry.” The woman stated apologetically (although she sounded albeit confusing). “Everything was arranged perfectly between our families but because we taught her too well, there were some misunderstandings along the way which ruined everything.”

“Are you kidding me, Lina?”  Her friend replied. “Your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. Too bad our boy has already found himself a woman whom he loves more than anything else in the world. I’m sorry. If I had known the truth about your daughter, I wouldn’t have blown up on the two of you. I would have pushed him to her as well but I’ve already told him I’d accept his girlfriend because she makes him happy.”

“Oh no, we understand, Jimin. Love is love, what can we do about it? Our daughter has found herself a great companion.” Lina replied with a sweet smile.  “We met him only once but from that one encounter we already know that we can trust him to take care of her. Isn’t that right, Gwangho?”

“Looks like fate didn’t want our families to be joined together after all. But I guess this was meant to be. At least our children are both pleased and happy with the people they love. Wouldn’t you agree, Manwon?” Gwangho chuckled softly.

“I do,” Manwon nodded. “But what was your daughter’s name again? I keep forgetting.”

“Ah, her name? It’s Aejin. Park Aejin. Pretty, isn’t it? We named her after my great-grandmother. You guys remember her, don’t you? She used to hit Manwon and Gwangho all the time for stealing her baked goods.” Lina giggled at the memory while Jimin and Manwon looked at each other with wide eyes.

“It can’t possibly be…” Manwon muttered.

“What can’t be?” Gwangho pondered.

“Aejin’s boyfriend… do you know his name?” Jimin questioned.

“Oh well of course, it’s Suho. That’s what he told us his name was.” Lina replied.

Then the room fell silent as Jimin and Manwon allowed their minds to absorb the new found information. “See, I knew her name sounded familiar.” The woman told her husband.

“Who would have thought that this would have happened?” Manwon breathed out in awe.

“I’m sorry, are we missing something?” Gwangho blinked, baffled.

“Suho isn’t his real name,” Jimin pointed out knowingly. “His name is Kim Joonmyun and he’s our son.” She declared.

Now it was Mr. and Mrs. Park’s turn to have their eyes bulge out of their sockets as their mouths fell open. “Tell us you aren’t joking.” Mrs. Park balked.

“Well, it looks like we’ll be in-laws after all, Gwangho.” Mr. Kim laughed as he held his hand out. A second later, Mr. Park slipped his hand into Mr. Kim’s and they exchanged a firm handshake.

“Who would have known,” Mrs. Kim cooed. “Our children were separated before they even met only to be brought together because of love. Just wait until they find out they were initially supposed to get married to each other!”
“I still can’t believe this.” Mr. Park guffawed.  “I mean what are the chances of this kind of thing happening?”

“Not too often, my friend, not too often. We should count ourselves blessed.” Mr. Kim announced.

“Of course,” Mrs. Park beamed. “I’m just glad this worked out for everyone but most importantly, that it worked out for Joonmyun and Aejin. Oh my, I can’t believe I didn’t recognize him! He was so small the last time we met and now look at him. He has gotten much more handsome and although he was scolding us, he was still rather polite and courteous!”

“Don’t flatter him too much. Aejin is truly beautiful, from the inside-out. I’m just a little peeved with myself for not realizing it sooner. But what if she has a bad impression of me now, yeobo?” Mrs. Kim grasped onto her husband’s arm and frowned. “I was too rough with her, wasn’t I? What if she bears a grudge against me?”

“Then I guess we should all apologize and clear up any misunderstandings we have with her.” Mr. Park suggested and immediately, the three other adults nodded their heads in agreement.

♪ hello, goodbye

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Suho watched from the doorway as Aejin continued to sort through the items. When she didn’t answer, he exhaled and peered out into the living room where Minwoo was sleeping. Next, he entered the room and crouched down besides her. “Aejin, you can change your mind, you know.”

“No I can’t,” she mumbled. “This is the right thing to do. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter