A Small Gift.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyunil-ah, have you been paying attention to anything I’ve been saying in the last five minutes?” Barom questioned as he glanced up from his desktop. His friend was dazed out, staring blankly at the wall constructed across from him which caused him to release an exasperated sigh. “I’ll take that as a big fat no.”

“Don’t take it personally, Rome. He’s been out of it all day. I think something’s been bugging him.” Siwoo informed as he flipped through the newspaper nonchalantly.

“Something?” Maru scoffed. “How about someone?”

“Bo?” Barom gaped. Then he picked up a pen from his desk and chucked it at Hyunil. The writing utensil struck the spaced out man right in the forehead and he winced at the sudden contact.

“Hey,” he grunted. “What was that for?”

“What is this I hear from the maknae? You’ve got somebody stuck in your mind? When were you going to tell me? I thought we were like brothers.” Barom stated, sporting a small frown.

“Huh?” Hyunil blinked. “What are you guys talking about? I was simply thinking of some business matters. What’s the big deal?”

T.K. got up and clucked his tongue at the older male. “There’s no use in lying now, hyung. Maru already let the cat out of the bag.”

“Whoa. I was just randomly guessing. I was right?” Maru gasped in fascination. “I must be a psychic of some sort. Hey, do you think I can make a living off of this kind of stuff?”

“It was just obvious, you nitwit.” T.K. insulted as he rolled his eyes. “Everyone can tell the only thing that gets hyung like this is a woman. So tell us, what’s her name?”

Hyunil’s brows kissed as he glowered at them. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. I wasn’t thinking about any woman.” He lied naturally. To be honest, he had been thinking about Aejin nonstop and he didn’t know why but this unsettling feeling had made itself a home in his heart when he saw her with Suho. He could feel his blood boiling as he recalled the incident outside of the café. ‘What does he have that I don’t?’

“Could it perhaps be that woman you were following last time?” Siwoo chimed in. “What was her name again? Ah Park Aemin.”

“It’s Park Aejin.” Hyunil quickly corrected with a scowl. When he realized his friend was smirking smugly at him, he knew he had been caught and there was no way he could lie his way out of it now. He grew frustrated and tousled his hair messily.

“Gotcha there, brat.” Siwoo snickered as he stifled a laugh. “I knew you were interested in her when you made Kangjun follow her around like some type of private investigator. If you like the woman, just admit to it. Playing the jerk isn’t going to win her heart like you see in those cliché dramas.”

Hyunil groaned as he slouched into the couch. “For the last time, I am not interested in her. Why do you guys keep saying that? I just want to show her that no one can mess with me and get away with it. It’s that simple and plain.”

“That’s what you’re saying but what you’re doing states otherwise. Haven’t you ever heard the saying, action speaks louder than words?” Barom cocked a brow at him as his lips curved into a teasing smile. “She must be some woman if you’re thinking about her so much.”

“This is getting out of hand.” Hyunil gnarled, climbing to his feet. “I’m going back to work. And this will be the last time we ever talk about her again.” He declared firmly.

“We’ll see about that.” T.K. nodded, unconvinced.

Hyunil gritted his teeth before he marched out of his friend’s office, seething. “You think I’m doing this because I like her?” He sneered silently to himself in the corridor. “I’ll show you guys that I don’t and what better way to do so than to become an even bigger jackass towards her? I’ll crush you and we’ll see if they still think I have feelings for you, Park Aejin.” As he was making his way out of the building, heading towards his car, he took out his cell phone.

He scrolled through his contacts and when he found the number he was searching for, he hit the call button and turned his Bluetooth on. “Yeobsayo? I need you to do me a favor.” Hyunil began as the corner of his lips tugged upwards into a devious and sly smirk.

♪ two of us

“What should I wear?” Aejin panicked as she rifled through her basket of folded and laundered clothes. She had been trying to assemble the perfect outfit for the little play date Minwoo was going to have with Miyoung and she didn’t even realize how nervous she was. Aejin was never a person who took her time deciding what she would wear or taking a long while to get dressed. She just threw on whatever was comfortable and that it was. But today, today it was different.

She wanted to look decent but she didn’t understand why. It was just how she naturally responded and behaved in such a situation. “Do I have to dress up nicely?” Aejin questioned as she held up a plain graphic t-shirt she often wore to sleep. She was definitely having a difficult time with selecting her attire for the evening and she did not like it one bit. “Just pick something, you dummy.” She lightly scolded. Next, she childishly closed her eyes and stuck her hands into the basket.

Aejin decided whatever she plucked out would be what she was going to wear and that would be the end of it. “Noona, what are you doing?” Minwoo asked curiously as he came out of the washroom. Immediately, her eyes snapped open as she looked at him.

“Nothing. Just picking out what I’m going to wear.” After, she pulled out the two pieces of clothing her fingers were curled around and frowned. They were both shirts. The child noticed this fact as well and giggled.

“Are you nervous, noona?” He sat down next to her and playfully nudged her side as he wriggled his tiny eyebrows.

“Eh?” Aejin gaped. “Me? Ani. I have nothing to be nervous about. Don’t be silly, Minwoo.” She could feel her body temperature rising as she tossed the shirts back into the basket and raked her fingers through her loose hair.  

“You’re so cute, noona. You must realllly like Suho samchon.” He grinned cheekily.

Aejin’s eyes bulged out of their sockets as she scrambled to her feet hastily. “Do not!” She exclaimed a bit defensively.

“Do too!” Minwoo argued, jumping to his feet as well.

“Yah!” Aejin huffed.

“Look, your face is all red. I was right. Noona likes Suho samchon.” He mused happily, skipping around her in circles. “Noona and samchon sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n—” but before he could finish the spelling, Aejin cupped his mouth and puffed her cheeks out.

“That is ridiculous. I only like him as a friend. Stop talking nonsense or else I’ll cancel and you won’t be able to see your Youngie.” She daringly threatened.

Minwoo yanked her hand down with all of his might and pouted. “Noona wouldn’t dare. That would be mean.” He declared.

“So will you stop saying I like Joonmyun-sshi now?” She asked and his shoulders slumped before he nodded in agreement. “Good,” Aejin beamed. “Now go color until I can decide on an outfit.”

Minwoo didn’t budge and follow orders. Instead, he ran over to her basket and dug through her clothes. He rummaged all the way to the bottom before he yanked out a casual white dress. “I like this one. I’ve never seen noona in a dress before. I bet you would like super duper pretty. Maybe even almost as pretty as Youngie!” He cooed as he stuck the dress out for A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter