Chapter 2

On and On

 

* Yerin pov*

“Sehun put down the pot!” I heard a rich voice say, “Chanyeol you’re going to burn down the kitchen!” I heard the voice say louder.

 

“Hyung do humans always sleep this long?” I heard a new voice say.

 

“She’ll be up soon” I heard a long sigh then steps away from my door. Wait… someone was in my apartment. I sat up quickly fixing my pink pajama bottoms and black and white polka dot tank top and flung the door open. There stood the wide eyed young boy I saw last night and another boy beside him.

 

“You’re awake!” he said happily. Both the boy’s faces were dirty and a red mark stained the other’s cheek.

 

“I-is that blood? What are you doing here?” I asked panicked.

 

“Remember you let us stay here” someone said from beside me, we was wearing some off silver fashion, that was stained with dirt and red.

 

“Why would I let strange men into my house?” I asked him.

 

“I guess we don’t look any different” the baby faced boy said. I narrowed my eye brows wondering what he meant.

 

“Food!” I heard a call from down the hall. I walked down the hall to see 9 boys in my kitchen and living room. As I sat at the table, a boy with really large eyes put something that looked like pancakes on my plate with the others, some standing and some sitting.

 

“No offence, but who are you guys?” I asked, really hoping they were scammers, murders, thieves, or rapists.

 

“Well you know Lay” the tallest guy said pointing to the handsome boy leaning against the fridge. His clothes and face were also dirty. “That’s Chen, Tao, Xiumin, Luhan, and I’m Kris, We’re from M”

 

“M?” I asked and they brushed it aside.

 

“My name is Suho, this is D.O, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, and Sehun, Luhan’s younger brother, we’re K”

 

“K?” I asked again. Maybe it stood for there they came from, K looked Korean like me, but M looked more Chinese mandarin. “And is that blood on you? If your killers, I’ll call the police!” I said holding my phone up.

 

“what is police?” D.O asked.

 

“It’s their warriors, my guess.” Kris said, I noticed his Korean slipped a bit.

 

“Would you mind explaining?!” I asked “you guys act like your aliens or something”.

 

“How did you know?” Chen said leaning on Baekhyun’s shoulder, eyeing his food. My mouth propped open, they’re what?

 

“Lies, there’s no way I can believe that” I said rolling my eyes. Suddenly I saw Suho roll up his sleeves and flick his wrist up. Suddenly the water from my glass flowed up into the sky.

 

“What the?” I mumbled as I watched Suho concentrate. Then Xiumin walked up and touched the water and it froze on contact. “Wow, can you all do something like this?” I asked. They all nodded.

 

“our skills are still lacking, so the last of our breed was sent to earth to learn and to take our planet back before it’s too late.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Still though, being aliens… it’s difficult for me to believe that.” I sighed.

 

“You’ll understand in good time” Kai said patting my shoulder.

 

“And since you helped us out last night, we’ll protect you” Kris said.

 

“Protect me?” I questioned.

 

“Since our enemies know we know you they’ll try and find you” Chanyeol said “they’ll do whatever they can to take what we care about”. He said in a sad tone. I don’t know why, but I started to believe what they were telling me.

 

“Then you’re only staying here until your training is over?” I confirmed. They all nodded. Looks like I got 12 new alien roommates. We finished up eating as I found out more about where they came from and more about themselves.

“School is starting in an hour I should get ready for the day” I told them. I looked at them; they really did look like aliens. On my way home I’ll have to pick up some normal clothing for them, there goes my pay check. I walked up to my room and put on my yellow uniform and walked to the washroom, where I put my strawberry brown hair in a pigtail and put on light makeup.

 

“Yerin” a soft voice said. I turned around and saw Lay standing in the bathroom doorway.

 

“Come in” I said happily, a little nervous.

 

“You’re going off to school? What’s human school like?” he asked sitting on the little bench in front of the sink.

 

“Yea, it really , but you just learn stuff with people you don’t like” I admitted putting the wash cloth under the running water.

 

“It’s no different than ours then” he laughed. I squished out the water from the small towel and started washing some of the dirt off his face. “Our worlds are not so different after all” he said smiling. It was silent for a second as I washed his face. “Can you show me where you go to school?” he asked after a few seconds of silence.

 

“Uh, sure thing” I said blushing, taking my comb and running it threw his hair. After I finished dressing him up a bit I gave him my brother’s old clothes that somewhat fit him, we walked down the hall.

 

“I’ll be back soon!” I called out throughout the apartment, “don’t leave.” I told them strictly and pulled Lay out the door with me.

 

 

*Kai pov*

 

Why do her eyes sparkle? I watched as she did her makeup. Girls on our planet dressed up like this to go out too, but I didn’t know that girls on earth did too. She looked at me in the mirror,

 

“Am I that interesting? Or is it that I’m not like other girls?” Yerin asked looking at me well putting something on her lips.

 

“Both” I said smiling and she rolled her eyes at me, making me chuckle a bit.

 

“Later this evening let’s get everyone out shopping for ‘earth’ clothes” she told me turning around to really look at me.

 

“Why? Doesn’t this metallic blue and silver just radiate human?” I said jokingly, I think she got that I was joking when she hit my arm lightly. I was about to say something else when I was cut off.

 

“Yerin” I heard Lay’s voice say. Everyone wanted their turn to talk to the human girl.

 

“Come in” she said with a smile. I nodded biting my lip walking to the living room and sat on the couch with D.O and watched the screen.

 

 

“I’ll come back soon!” I heard Yerin called, “don’t leave ok!” I turned to see what was going on; she was putting on her yellow high tops as Lay watched her. I watched as his arm flung around her shoulders as they left.

 

“Kai…. KAI” I heard someone yell at me snapping me back into reality.

 

“Yeah?” I asked turning back to the entertainment box.

 

“what do you think we’ll do this evening?” I saw Baekhyun sitting in the chair beside me, he smirked at me, fully knowing he just read me like a book. I coughed and looked around trying to play my actions cool.

 

“were getting ‘human’ clothes” I said sighing.

 

“you’re not mad at hyung for hanging out more with Yerin are you?” Tao asked who was lying on the ground.

 

“no why would I be” I lied. Why am I feeling so foolish? So jealous?