Chapter 41

On and On

*Yerin’s prov*

 

“so you and Luhan are officially over?” Xiumin’s mom asked Xiumin who was sitting at the counter infront of us. I tried to hold back a smile, keeping my eyes on the carrots I was cutting. Xiumin nodded.

 

“but why? I liked him quite a bit!” she commented.  

 

“you should date him then mom” he chuckled, nomming on one of the carrots I had already cut into a smaller bit. “no, it just that I’ve been into someone else lately and things have gotten serious. I just didn’t think it was right towards this other person and Luhan if I was seeing them both.

 

“well who is it? Is he at least cute?” his mom questioned.

 

“it’s a girl mom.” He smiled, “and yes she’s really cute” he blushed, trying not to make eye contact with me.

 

“my son gets around” she sighed before turning to me. “what about you dear? What’s going on with you and that Baekhyun kid? Oh and that Kai boy, you had something with him too right?”

 

“Me and Baekhyun broke up almost 2 months ago” I nodded

 

“he’s dating that tall guy you like so much, Chanyeol” Xiumin interrupted.

 

“I always knew they were gonna end up together” his mom shrugged, “what about Kai?” Xiumin gave me a look before looking at the carrots again.

 

“Kai’s still going out with D.O.” I admitted “they’ve been dating for like a year and a half by now”

 

“so Kai’s still going out with this other guy even though he’s imprinted on you?”

 

“seems like it” I said putting the knife down, “D.O’s imprinted on Kai so maybe Kai is sticking around for that” I nodded.

 

“so I’m guessing no one else in the picture?” his mom chuckled.

 

“well” I sighed, his mom got all giggly. “I did go out on this date with this super handsome guy the other night” I admitted.

 

“oh~! Do tell!” his mom cooded.

 

“it was a simple date, but I think things will work out great for us. I think we have a futer together and to be frank, I think I’m in love with him”

 

“that’s so nice for you dear!” she said cleaning off her hands before taking out a large fish from the fridge. Now normally fish doesn’t bother me, but today the smell bothered me beyond compare. I staired at it for the first 5 seconds before I stated that I was going to vomit before running to the washroom and threw up almost everything in my stumic. Outside of the washroom I heard voices before Xiumin’s mom was at my aid. When I was done, she helped me up and sat me on the chair were Xiumin was sitting before. it turns out Xiumin had put the fish away well I was getting rid of everything in my stumic.

 

“you’ve been sick a lot lately Yerin especially after breakfast.” his mom stated running her fingers threw my hair. I wasn’t feeling sick anymore, just tyred that it happened. “Xiumin could you take her to the hospital and get her a full body check up and a pregnancy test?”

 

“W-why would she need a pregnancy test?” Xiumin said clearly a little worried.

 

“it’s just to be safe son” she chuckled.

 

That afternoon Xiumin bought me to the hospital were Lay apparently worked. As I was signing some papers, Lay plopped beside me little to my surpise.

 

“didn’t think I was gonna see you in my hospital so soon Yerin” Lay said going threw one of the charts the nurse gave him.

 

“I just had to see my favorite unicorn” I joked around before he playfully pushed me.

 

“no Kai following you around today?” Lay questioned looking around the small office packed with people. 

 

“well long story short Xiumin’s mom think’s I’m pregnant again, and if that’s the case then I don’t want any one possible anyone to find out so soon. I rather make it sentimental.” I nodded waving my hand around in the air. 

 

“and your gonna let me know first?” he chuckled raising a brow.

 

“as if, you’re the one going to let me know if Xiumin’s mom is right or not.” I chuckled. In the corner of my eye I could see the female nurse absorb Lay’s pressants. It was kind of cute the way she looked at him.

 

“Doctor, is this your girlfriend?” the nurse said with a questionet tone.

 

“ex girlfriend” he said turning around to the nurse. She was actually very stunning sharp pail features with light brown hair with pink dip died hair. His eyes lingered on her for a bit before handing her the clip board. “shall we go to my office then?” I nodded and followed him.

 

 

 

“so” I said swinging back and forth on the chair.

 

“so” he chuckled. As we waited for the response.

 

“what’s with you and that nurse at the desk?” I questioned. He instantly froze.

 

“you mean Irene?” he said brushing the back of his neck. I knew that action! He was nervous!

 

“you like her don’t you?” I smirked.

 

“she sparks my interest okay” he said giving up rather quickly. 

 

“then make a move” I sugest.

 

“it’s not that easy” he chuckled.

 

“just be the cool self you normaly are” I complamented him. 

 

“easyer said then-“ the door opened Irene walked in with a folder witch I presumed were my test results.

 

“your nurse Irene right?” I asked, just to spark a conversation.

 

“ah, yes I am” she bowed.

 

“Lay was just telling me a bit about you and I was wondering if you wanted to come to our friend’s birthday party? It would be nice to meet some new girls and make friends” I invited her. Lay gave me a panicked look, practically begging me to stop with his eyes.

 

“I won’t be a bother?” she asked.

 

“no not at all” I replied ignoring the glaring eyes of the boy sitting across from us. “in fact I think Lay would be open to pick you up” he quickly fixed his pauster as she turned to him.

 

“yea I’d love to” he shrugged clearly trying to play cool.

 

“Well thank you for inviting me Ms. Yerin” she said handing the folder over to Lay, “I’ll give you my phone number and dress later then” she tucked her hair behind her ear. And in that moment I saw that spark as their eyes connected almost making me squeal. She said her goodbyes as I waited for Lay to scan over the sheet of paper.

 

“well your health levels are good but it looks like you have a case of being pregnant. Congratulations”

 

“your kidding right?” my eyes popped out as I wrapped my arms around my torso.

 

“I’m a doctor Yerin, I don’t lie about test results” Lay chuckled, “I’ll book you in for an appointment next week. We’ll find out how far along you are then.”

This was happening… again.