calling SHINeeCookie

Awkward Tokki ✦ Reviews Shop | closed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Story: Survivors' Heart

Author: SHINeeCookie

Genre: Horror, Violence, Angst

Reviewer: cherrylisa

 

 

 

Story title (3.5/5):

Uh, yeah.  Believe me; I like the title, very eye-catching and spot-on. I really like how creative the title is. It does perk one’s curiosity and lures people in.  I like the fact that the title somehow ties to the plot and how the survivors’ heart will deal of the controversial things they are in now. Very creative and I could sense the vibe that is emitting out of it.

 

I still couldn’t see how it contributed to the plot, but I’m expecting it soon.

 

Appearance (6.5/10):

Let me take care of the poster first, but let’s talk about the genre’s first shall we?

 

Genres: Violence, Angst, Supernatural, Romance, Drama and others. I’ve noticed that in the first few chapters, you’ve dealt with violence and supernatural and slight fluff or romance. Then when it reached chapter 3, supernatural and violence left and was replaced with mild angst and romance.

 

Okay, I see.

 

Moving on…

 

Hue: The hue of the current poster is eye-straining, ah no, it’s not eye-straining but it’s somehow didn’t fully bring out the genres you’ve created. Red and Black is so common, you might want to use other colours also? Since the genres are angst, supernatural, violence and others, you might want to use the hue of dark blue crossed with orange and light hint of red and black?

 

Pictures: The pictures could have been better. Yes, it’s great but it could have been better. The other pictures are okay but it would be nice if the blending is right.

 

Title: The title font is okay…it suits the poster and all, but the double built up shadow could be taken off. I love how you expressed the heart in a different manner. Truly glinting in mischief I must say.

 

Collision of everything: I must say that it’s okay. The poster was fine but could have been better. A few more tweaks and blending and stuffs, it’s good. The problem though is that your poster isn’t that attractive to begin with, I mean it’s not alluring. It doesn’t fully bring out the vibe of the story that is needed to be released. It’s great as I have said, but it could have been better.

 

As for the writing style, your writing style is okay and very much appreciated. I could see that you have a descriptive style and that somehow it turns out to be good since angst was credited and so were the others. I like the fact that you’ve described even small things even though it doesn’t need to.

 

You don’t need to describe every single action to begin with because too much description could sometimes ruin the flow of the plot of how the readers read your story. The structure of the plot is fine and I guess that wraps it.

 

Description (7/10):

Description is okay but I found the others like credits, A/N and other stuffs completely inappropriate in the description part. Well it’s not a harm to do that but you could have just put it in the foreword after the short preview and make it slightly visible. It’s bad to make it attention-seeker than the description itself. You have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter