calling kairura

Awkward Tokki ✦ Reviews Shop | closed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: SM High

Genre: Romance

Reviewer: sagacity

 

 

Story Title (3/5): 
S.M. High. Yes, this title does fit in terms of length and relation to the story, but it could be much more original (my personal suggestion which you don’t have to listen to—I like the phrase “Neither Gone Nor Forgotten”—I would use this instead). Thus, I took off two points because it could most definitely be more original and creative. Also, there are a lot of fan fictions that have “insertcompanynamehere High School” or titles like that—if you want yours to stick out, you need to make it more creative and not so generic in the way that it is almost exactly the same as other fan fictions.


Appearance (10/10): 
The picture of Sulli and Minho together was cute, and I was fine with the fact that you kept it nice and simple. You stuck with black, Arial font and my eyes were not blinded. I loved the simplicity.


Description (7/10): 
To be honest, the only part I found interesting was when you said, “Her relationship is perfect until life throws her a curveball.” I liked this sentence since it was vague compared to the rest of the description, and it’s a bit suspenseful in a way. My suggestion is that you don’t mention the trainees, since it’s out of place when you’re mostly talking about Sulli’s romantic life. In fact, you could simply delete the first two sentences and your description would be fine—and it would be even better if you didn’t mention names (unless you find that necessary). And I suggest combining these two sentences with an em-dash, “Sulli finds herself unprepared for the situation now facing her—it seems that her feelings for Minho were neither gone or forgotten.”
I mainly took off points for the foreword. Character charts are completely unnecessary and it only makes your writing look weak. Plus, you’re basically handing out free information to the readers that they should be figuring out themselves, and it’s more work for you, since you have to make sure that your characters stick to the description you wrote in the foreword. All in all, unless you have a complicated story in some alternate universe and you have 50 bazillion characters that must be named, don’t use character charts.


Characters (10/15):
So from what I’ve gathered, Sulli is supposedly an outcast, although she is quite brave to confess her past feelings to Minho in only the fourth chapter. I find it a little strange that she already has a boyfriend when she’s supposedly an outcast. Honestly speaking, I think you need to put more Sulli x Taemin scenes before Minho has that urge to kiss her—otherwise, it’s not very logical and you want to show the readers whether Sulli actually somewhat cares for Taemin and their overall relationship, since we don’t get to see much of that.
Plus, it’s strange that Minho, who had liked Krystal for so long, go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter