calling selinne

Awkward Tokki ✦ Reviews Shop | closed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Story: Miss No Label

Author: selinne

Genre: Romance

Reviewer: cherrylisa

 

 

Story title (4.5/5):

A twist title that I’m not even expecting, I didn’t expect that the title is that twisted. I thought it would be a simple ‘Miss No Label’, but no, it’s not. The title is truly a twist title yet is not that eye-catching, but it does perk one’s curiosity as to why the story is named after that? You may not have done a great job it presenting the title with its own vibe and glimmer of captivation, but the title did its job in perking one’s curiosity as to why it is like that.

 

A creative title that you have thought of and a contributable one also. You’ve done a great job in picking out a title and the title may have been better than that, but nonetheless, the present title is great.  

 

Appearance (5/10):

As for the appearance, I’ll deal with the poster first. As for your present poster, it didn’t impress me; in fact it gave me a false impression and it disappointed me. The poster’s hue shouldn’t be like that. Even though it didn’t bring out the vibe of angst or something, but throughout the story, the story gave out the impression of romance, fluff and a slight low angst. Excluding the slight low angst, the romance and fluff dominated the story the most. And since the two genres dominated the story, the poster’s hue should at least be a combination of pink and orange or crossover blue plus the collision of pink and silver to bring out the genres in surface and to fulfil its purpose for the title.

 

The first thing I have in mind when I saw first your title, that the hue of the poster must have been related to the title or it must have been because of the description that turns out to be different (or not) throughout the story.

 

And since I have discussed the hue of the poster, let’s discuss about the pictures, shall we? The pictures were fine but it could have beenbetter. And regarding about the container of the pictures…it’s nice and most likely entertained to the needs of the pictures. I noticed throughout the chapters, that there is one particular poster. A different one and most likely have contributed to what I have said above.That poster has it but it doesn’t rise up to perfection, oh wait. Wrong. It doesn’t suit also. What I meant is that even though that poster has it, it doesn’t like suit up for the story also. It also has its flaws. But disregarding that, since what I’m talking about is your present poster, so yeah. The pictures could have been better than those great photos.

 

Moving on, let’s see about the background that is used in the poster. It’s great but really not that great. It could have been one background but the collision of those two is okay but the blending is no. It may have been the split-up cut, but it could have been blended that split-up.

 

Next is the container of the title or the title itself. The font that is used for the title is great and most likely suited the poster but making it a bit bigger would be nice.

 

Lastly to the collision of everything, I may have to be frank. It’s great but it’s not pleasing to the eyes at all. It’s not that eye-catching or should I say it’s not that beautiful. It could have been, but the ‘been’ chances are down to 2.5 out of 5. I’m not saying that it’s not the great or unpleasant, what I’m saying is that the poster is indeed great but not pleasing to the eyes instead it hurts the eyes since it only used up one definition of colour. Silver or Dark Grey it is.

 

Next topic regards to your writing style and how you present the story. To be really frank, the colour that you used throughout the story is really straining my eyes to read the words. I have to dim the lights of my laptop just to see the words. The colour could have just been plain black instead of grey or dark grey. The colour of the fonts could have contributed for the title to the plot, but seeing that it’s really stress for the eyes, it’s really not good. You could have done otherwise.

 

The font size is okay, but the colour really is really eye-straining. As for your writing style, it’s very descriptive and I notice that you switch POV’s and provides picture of it which is really creative and nice. The structure of your sentences and grammar are great and the words that you use are easy to understand and digest in.

 

And lastly about the vibe of the story, you did a great job producing and developing it throughout the story. You did a good job in revealing the genres to its half potential and I’m expecting that you’ll give out the genres in the future its full potential.

 

Well…I got carried away….move onto the Description category, please?

 

Description (8.5/10):

The description is well-informed and well-defined and well-polished also. The description didn’t throw off the whole plot but instead is way far than that. It gave some clues but definitely convincing and lures the readers in half percent.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter