Finding Out: BaekYeol

Homewrecked

For the past couple of days, things has been weird for Baekhyun.

First of all, he nor Chanyeol got the promotion where they both worked hard and stayed later hours for and ended up for some douchebag to get it.

Okay fine, maybe they both didn't deserve it seeing that more than 50% of their longer hours were spent with them flirting and all up on each other's faces.

Second of all, all the 9 years Chanyeol had been blurting about is really getting on his nerves. Baekhyun just wants to know what it's about.

And last but not least, his no-label relationship with Chanyeol is confusing him. They both see each other, chat, hangout, and make out on a daily basis but they weren't an official out-there couple.

Baekhyun is inside his room, pretending he's doing work to excuse himself out of the always awkward dinner with Kris, Suho, Lay and Tao and the addition of his 'brothers' Sehun and Kai. Nothing is ideal about spending time with 5 other bent males and one apparently straight one.

Things were just awkward down there.

Baekhyun stands up from his chair, frustrated, more like bored and he goes up to his bookshelf and his old class year books catches his eyes.

They were the only books that Baekhyun managed to save when his house burnt down just a year ago along with his family's photo albums and a few remembrances.

His past was another story.

Flipping through his highschool year book, he reads along the goodbye messages he got from old friends and admirers.

He found it funny that his year book was stolen the first second he got it and when he got it back it turned out that literally everybody passed it around to sign it.

He looks at the message at a very corner of the last page. The handwritting was small and it looked as if the writer was rushed.

'Had a good year? So did I. I'm glad we're going to the same university, same major even better! I hope you'll finally notice me.'

Baekhyun rubs his thumb over it and he quickly rummages through his college year book, finding a message, very much alike to that one.

'Finally graduated. I managed to sneak this message in, hope you don't mind. ^^;; You still haven't quite noticed me but you talked to me once. Guess that's enough. Hope to see you in the future!'

Baekhyun doesn't find the fact that someone had managed to steal away his year book to write a message creepy and stalker-ish but he finds it cute. The messages doesn't have any signiture or penmanships. It would have been a great help it it did.

Something popped into Baekhyun's mind. Something he said that he went to the same schools he went to.

"Park...Park..." He whispers as he flips through the pages, lookong for Chanyeol's name. And there it was. Just below a slot with no picture on it. It was the only empty spot that had no image.

Baekhyun swaps to his college book and does the same thing but also finds the same result. It also didn't have a photo.

"That's weird."

-

The next day, Baekhyun is back to work and is closely eyeing Chanyeol.

Once they are alone again, Baekhyun takes this chance to talk and ask about the year book.

"Chanyeol?"

"Yes, Baek?" Okay, he melts a little at the endearment.

"The year books...why don't you have a picture on it?"

Chanyeol lets what Baekhyun had just said sink in before he points his finger up saying a long 'ahh' "It was weird but I was always sick on picture days." He explains. "Why ask?"

"I was just looking around the photobooks last night." Baekhyun shrugs until another question pops into his mind. "Oh yeah...You know you...tall and evertything?"

"Yeah...and by everything do you mean hot?" Chanyeol teases and Baekhyun only rolls his eyes.

"How come I didn't notice you at all? I mean you stick out like a sore thumb, no offence."

"None taken, Baek." He grins. "But you know, I wasn't always tall...I just had a sudden growth's spurt the year we finished university. First I was probably your hieght and next..boom! Tall Chanyeol."

The way Chanyeol describes himself, Baekhyun finds it really cute and he can't help but pinch his cheeks.

"That's wonderful. Yeollie." He says, calling him with a nickname.

Lunch ends and before they know it, the shift wraps up as well. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun is going home, normal time for the first time since the whole 'someone is going to be promoted' fiasco started.

They both exit the building together and they are in an elevator, taking their time. When all of a sudden the lights blink and the elevator stops.

"Holy !" Baekhyun curses as he knock on the metal door. "Hey!"

"I hope we're not trapped like those people in the dramas." Chanyeol guffaws. "But I wouldn't mind spending time with you here alone, Baek." He grins.

"Dude! Not the time to flirt." Baekhyun is starting to panic. He doesn't like small spaces or the idea of being stuck somewhere. Ever since that fire incident. Again, that's another story.

Chanyeol pouts and sulks, seeing Baekhyun not being interested in him.

Baekhyun pushes the emergency button and a woman answers from the other line. "What is your emergency?"

"We're ing stuck in an elevator and I want ot get out!" He shouts at the lady.

"And I need a pee." Adds Chanyeol and he gains a thuml on the head by Baekhyun. "What? I do."

"Okay, maintenance will be there in 10 minutes."

Baekhyun sighs in relief but he's starting to hyperventilate. Chanyeol is starting to worry, seeing that Baekhyun is 100% not acting. At all.

"Baek, you okay?" He places his hand on Baekhyun's shoulders.

"No." He wheezes for air. "I..I c-can't br-breathe!" He clutches his chest and Chanyeol panics.

"." He swears and starts hugging Baekhyun. "10 minutes Baek, 10 minutes. That's all."

"I...walls...tiny...can't..." He whispers, still gasping for air. "Fire...can't...breathe."

Chanyeol is now over the edge of panic phase. 'Okay, Park Chanyeol, what did you learn in Phsychology class? Think.' He says inside his head. 'Ah! distraction.'

He rembers that panic attacks can be stopped when they get distracted by something even bigger. Chanyeol thinks of a way and how Baekhyun is slowly falling to the ground, he quickly takes hold of him and kisses him.

In the kiss, Chanyeol blows small amount of air to Baekhyun and he's slowly regaining his composture.

They deepen the kiss and Baekhyun kisses back like there's no tomorrow.

"Hey." Chanyeol manages to pull away. "Better?"

"Very much, thanks." He sighs in relief and he crouches to the floor. "Sorry if that scared you."

"Yeah, almost pissed myself. Are you okay now."

Baekhyun weakly nodded. "Sorry, again. Thanks for calming me down. I would have fainted." He confesses.

"Anytime, Baek." He grins and sits next to Baekhyun on the floor, taking hold of his once shaking hands.

"I wish I'd have someone like you to do that all the time." He rests his head on Chanyeol's shoulders.

"Don't you? I mean, I am here, you know?"

"Yeah. For now." Baekhyun tightens his grip on Chanyeol's hands.

"You saying that as if I'm gonna ditch you or something." Chanyeol awkwardly laughs and he wraps his arms around Baekhyun and uses his free hand to hold Baekhyun's.

He doesn't say anything after that but they both sit in silence, waiting for the maintenance man.

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun, with one thought inside his mind.

'I've managed to wait 9 years. Why would I leave anytime sooner?'

.

Author's Corner:

Okay, I'm starting to slowly introduce their pasts.

Can't always be fluff. I do have a storyline...I think?

Anyways...I'll start puting in some of the charachter's past and...

What should I do about Chen and Xiumin? Guess!

Leave a comment. Ta!