Crazy Company: BaekYeol

Homewrecked

Sehun sighs in relief. Baekhyun had informed that he wouldn't be coming home today, meaning that Kai's plans on spying on Kris had been abolished. 

"Baekhyun hyung, why are you so selfish?" Kai whines on the phone while Sehun merely rolls his eyes. "Fine. Fine! Shut up! Bye!"

Kai scoffs as he hangs up the phone harshly.

"Yah! Don't think you're off the hook you...guy!" Kai runs to Sehun and grabs the back of his shirt, pulling him backwards to him.

-

Baekhyun, on the other hand, is planning to do an over-time. There had been a news that their law firm is going to be promoting someone and this was the way Baekhyun could get some good points from the 'big boss'.

He fetches his giant mug of coffee ready and stretches his arms and neck, before going back to the thick pile of paperwork on his desk. He doesn't notice that someone had been behind him all that time.

"Are you staying?" A deep voice asks.

"huh?" Baekhyun turns his head and sees Chanyeol who's already wearing his outerwear and is already carrying his satchel. "Yeah. you leaving?"

Beakhyun frowns as he looks around the whole office which is completely empty and the only light that is on is the one on his and Chanyeol's corner.

"Uhmm..." Chanyeol looks around as well and starts to contemplate. "...I'm not sure, now..." He tilts his head and places his satchel back down.

"Stay." Baekhyun blurts out and Chanyeol blushes, like he usually does when talking to people, or only Baekhyun, who knows. "I mean, if you're free and you want to."

Chanyeol is finding it hard  on deciding, usually he'd say a 'Yes' straight on but he had promised his nephew to come and hangout with him for the rest of the night. "...uh...wait a sec."

Baekhyun furrows his eyes as he watches Chanyeol leave the office but he left his bag as well.

On the other side of the door, Chanyeol whips out his phone and calls his older sister.

"Noona?" He greets, hesitantly. 'I-I...I can't come there to see Seung Ji tonight...I'm getting held back at work, say sorry for me, please?"

Chanyeol waits for his elder sister to reply, kind of expecting a shout or something but instead he hears a sigh of defeat and smiles as he hears the good news.

"Thanks, noona. I seriously promise, next time, I'll totally go!" exclaims Chanyeol.

After hanging up, Chanyeol goes back to the office, slightly making Baekhyun jump at the noise the door made as soon as he opened it. "Guess I'm staying." Chanyeol grins and takes off his coat again, hanging in on the back of his chair.

"Cool." Baekhyun comments and goes back to his paperwork.

It was a bit awkward since Chanyeol had finished all his work earlier this morning so he pretends to be busy on the computer but in reality he was staring at the reflection of the back of Baekhyun's head on the screen. He sees him scratching his head with his pen, slightly shaking around his head and sometime frustratingly pulling on his hair, which Chanyeol fins cute.

He sips on the mug of caffeine and lets out a sigh. Baekhyun spins around on his chair and now Chanyeol could see Baekhyun's full face on the reflection. He jumps a bit before turning to Baekhyun, fully.

"W-what's wrong?" Chanyeol asks.

Baekhyun shyly chuckles, which Chanyeol finds frustratingly adorable. "I'm not cut for this. I can't think properly." He laughs and rubs the back of his neck.

"Maybe you're just hungry." Suggests Chanyeol and hands him his bag of choc-chip cookies. "Here"

"Thanks" Baekhyun grabs two pieces and shovels it down his gob. Chanyeol laughs as Baekhyun chews difficultly on the snack. Crumbs is all over his face and Chanyeol is about to use his hands to wipe the mess on his lips but he fights over it and hands Baekhyun his handkerchief instead.

Going back to work after the short break, Baekhyun finally asks Chanyeol for help on the paper he finds difficult. Chanyeol gladly helps and sits beside him as he runs through the case while Baekhyun listens intently.

"So the solution is really easy if you don't think about it too hard, which is what you're doing. It's simpler than you think." Chanyeol says and when he's about to look at Baekhyun, he hears a light thud on the table.

Baekhyun had fallen asleep.

Chanyeol smiles as he looks at the clock. '3:18' it says.

Baekhyun's head is resting on one of his arms and his cheeks were laying on a textbook. Chanyeol blinks and takes his phone, and with a small click sound, he saves a picture of a peaceful sleeping Baekhyun on his mobile phone.

He pockets his phone and looks at Baekhyun again. Chanyeol notices how long his eyelashes are and how plump Baekhyun's lips were.

Before he knows it himself, he finds his head resting on another book, his eyes facing the sleeping Baekhyun. Chanyeol feels Baekhyun's even warm breaths coming out of the parting of his lips as he makes light breathing noises.

He continues to stare at Baekhyun.

"I've met you nine years ago, but why don't you know me?" Chanyeol whispers and Baekhyun's face scrunches but then relaxes back again.

Chanyeol could only sigh.

 

 


Author's Corner:

hheheh...Sorry if it's later than usual.

Is it getting longer now?

hahah ;;^^

Leave a comment, my lovely subbies and readers! ^^