CHAPTER 7

High School Zero

 

Soojung’s POV

I ran and ran till I reached the park Jongin and I usually goes to. I found an empty spot far from others. I observed them from afar. Families spending their time together. Fathers playing with their sons and mothers with their daughters.

Mum. I missed her so much. I wonder how's her life like in America with oppa. Yes...I have an older brother, Yunho. Oppa and Dad, they've never gotten along with each other ever since Oppa decides to take up modelling. Mum? She runs a modelling school and she used to be a model & fashion designer. That explains mine & Unnie's interest for fashion.

I still remember that fateful day when Dad asked her to choose between her career and her family.  She obviously picked the first one. The look on Dad's face, it was filled with disappointment. That was it. They separated and Unnie and I followed Dad while Oppa stayed with Mum. 

A drop of tear fell but someone had wiped it away for me. I looked up only to see my best friend Jongin kneeling in front of me. I cried harder knowing that Jongin would be there to wipe my tears away. Jongin pulled me into a hug, "Cry it out Krys. It'll make you feel better. Don't worry, I'm here."

After crying my hearts out, Jongin gave me another hug, "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks Kai," I thanked him. Jongin excused himself to make a call while I continued observing my surroundings.

Kai's POV

"Sehun?" I called Sehun since I've promised him that I'll do so once I've found Krystal.

"Kai! How is she?" Sehun was worried about her.

I've assured him that Krystal was fine. He wanted to meet her but knowing Krystal, I don't think she would want to meet anyone in her current state.

After ending the call, I brought Krystal to her favourite Bubble Tea shop. We each bought a cup. I'm sure Sehun would kill me if he finds out I'm drinking his favourite Milk Tea without him. Sorry buddy! Maybe next time.

It was getting late but Krystal didn't want to go home. I texted Sica noona to tell her that Krystal would be staying over at my apartment for the night. I was hoping that Kyungsoo hyung would be asleep when we reached but sadly he was awake.

“You’re home,” Kyungsoo hyung said, “And so is Soojung. Hi! When was the last time you dropped by?”

“Sorry for not visiting you oppa,” Soojung apologised. Kyungsoo hyung is the only friend of mine, whom I’ve introduced Soojung to and they get along quite well. Soojung and I decided to take a shower first. I lent her my old sweat shirt which still looks a bit loose on her.

Being Do Kyungsoo, he cooked supper for us before we head for bed. Supper was delicious as always. Kyungsoo hyung cooked some cheese dukbokki for us. After supper, the rest of us cleaned up the kitchen and dining room before heading to bed. Since Luhan hyung was in China, I gave his bed to Krystal. Hyung please don't kill me! I watched her sleep and I couldn't help but feel sad for her.

Soojung ah, when will you ever stop torturing yourself? Keeping up with a cold facade every day and acting like you don't care that everyone in school doesn't give a damn about you. I know you well enough to know that you're not fine with it. I know you treat me as a best friend but every girl needs a girl best friend. I hope you'd stop hiding your true self and let others into your life just like what you did with Sehun. I hope that one day, everyone else would realise that you’re not an Ice Princess or a High School Zero but instead, Jung Soojung, the warm-hearted girl.

I her hair and soon joined her and Kyungsoo hyung in slumber.

--

Sooyeon’s POV

Kai texted me saying that Krystal didn’t want to go home. Since I trusted Kai, I allowed him to bring her back to his apartment. That woman? She’s still here at my house. She toured the entire house and her eyes were as big as Kai’s friend Kyungsoo, when she saw all the branded clothing Krystal has in her closet. If I didn’t follow her around, I bet she would’ve taken some of our stuffs.

I knew the only reason why she agreed to marry my dad who already has to grown-up daughters is because of his money. I don’t get it why these materialistic people exist in this world. If you want money, earn it yourself! Don’t rip off other people’s hard-earned money!

I had a big urge to push her into the swimming pool when she started ordering our maids around. Excuse me! I’m the daughter of the owner of this house but I have never spoken to my maids rudely! This woman needs to be taught some manners.

I still remembered when Soojung ran out of the house, she had to cheek to tell Dad to leave her alone. How could you say something like that? It’s very dark outside and she’s only 18! What if she gets into trouble? What if it started raining? What if there was a thunderstorm? Krystal hates the thunder and lightning!

“Look Park Miyeon,” I turned her around so that she’ll face me, “I don’t know what game you’re playing right now. If it’s money that you want, I suggest you give it up. I’ll give it to you, just leave my dad alone.”

“Jessica right? Or is it Jung Sooyeon, the famous fashion designer? I don’t care about what you think of me. The moment your dad and I say ‘I Do’, I swear I’ll make both of your lives miserable. Start learning some respect for your future step-mother. If not, I’ll kick you out of this house once I have your Daddy wrapped around my fingers. Now if you could please excuse me, I would like to have some intimate time with that old man,” Miyeon pinched my cheeks before walking into the house.

Ughh! Stupid woman! 


Thank you for reading and subscribing to this story! Keep commenting ^^