CHAPTER 14

High School Zero

 

Sehun's POV

"Ya maknae," Chanyeol hyung nudged me as we walked down the streets to café, "Is your friend taken? The one we're going to meet now."

"Right now?" I asked as I look at Kai who was busy talking with Tao and D.O hyung, "Nope. She's single. Knock yourself out later."

Sorry Kai, I just had to do it. I chuckled to myself as I imagined Kai being jealous when Chanyeol hyung hits on Hana. After 10 minutes of walking in the cold, the boys were now at Hongdae.

"Can someone call Luhan? He didn't turn up for practice today. I wonder where he's at now," Kris hyung directed it to everyone but he was only looking at me. "Fine," I took out my phone and called Luhan hyung.

"Hello?" Luhan hyung answered the phone after a few rings.

"Hyung, where are you? We're at the Café near Hongdae. Kris hyung is looking for you," I said as we entered the café. Lucky for us, Luhan hyung was also at Hongdae and he promised to meet us in 5 minutes.

True to his words, he walked into the café with his favourite MCM bag. "Stupid girl had to bump into me. Now look at what she did to my phone!"

We took a look at his phone and saw a few scratches on it. "It's only a few scratches hyung. It won't die. Plus, didn't I buy you a hand phone casing for your birthday? Serve you right for not using it," I said, still bitter over the fact that he didn't use my present. "You sound just like her Sehun! Look! That's the girl!" all of us turned our heads to the direction he was pointing to, only to see Soojung and Hana.

"You!" Soojung and Hana pointed back at Luhan hyung, "What are you doing here?"

Oh boy!

Nobody's POV

After what seems like 10 seconds of glaring at each other, Soojung broke the stare and walked to the group of boys with Hana. "You guys know each other?" Kai asked.

"About that," Hana replied, "We kind of bumped into each other just now."

"I did not bump into the both of you. You girls were too busy laughing." Hana glared at Luhan. Before the three could start fighting again, Sehun stepped in and made the two girls settle down between Kai and he before another fight breaks out.

Chanyeol, who was sitting across Hana, was happy to see her sitting in front of him and decided to start a conversation with her, "So, what's your name?"

"I'm Hana," she replied shyly since Chanyeol was smiling like an idiot in front of her.

Kai saw everything and boy was he not happy. I'm not jealous right? Why should I be? He thought.

"Guys, this is Soojung, my girlfriend," Sehun introduced Soojung to the boys. Soojung bowed at them but sent a death glare at Luhan who didn't even seem like he was interested in her being his friend's girlfriend.

The group ordered some drinks and cakes, and spent an hour or so chatting with each other. Other than D.O and Kai, everyone was getting to know about Soojung. Kai, D.O and Chanyeol were busy talking to Hana. Kai could sense that Chanyeol was interested in Hana and so he paid more attention to her. Every 10 minutes, he would ask if he needed any food or drink.

Kyungsoo noticed everything and couldn't help but smile. "Oh before I forgot," Kyungsoo opened his bag and took out a bracelet from it, passing it to Soojung, "You left it on the bed the other day. I wanted to pass it to you before we went to Paris but we were in a rush so I forgot."

Soojung took the bracelet and thanked Kyungsoo for keeping it for her since she knew Kai won't.

"Wait, she was the one who slept on my bed when I was gone?" Luhan eyes were now as big as Kyungsoo's, "But Jongin said he was the one sleeping on it! No wonder I smelled a girl's perfume on my pillow!"

Throughout the entire meet-up, Sehun was probably the only one who was having a hard time since his girlfriend and best friend couldn't seem to get along with each other.

--

The final bell rang, signalling the end of school. Sehun and Soojung stayed behind for their history consultation. Since they were done with the project, the two handed it in early, earning them extra points

Hana and Kai were sitting in the library, reading while waiting for the two. Actually it was only Hana who was reading since Kai was too busy stealing glances at Hana, who was oblivious to her surroundings.

"Kai!" Kai could recognise that annoying voice anywhere. Each time he hears it, Kai tends to run away but since they were in the library, Kai had nowhere to run to.

"What do you want Naeun? If it's about the project, don't worry. I've told the teacher that I'm doing it on my own since you were of no help," he simply said. Before Naeun could say another word, Kai placed the book he was holding and took the book Hana was reading, and placed it on the table before grabbing her wrist, "Now if you could please excuse us, we have a date to go to."

"Kim Jongin!" Hana whispered loud enough for Kai to hear.

Naeun stood there, shocked at what she just heard. They're together now? She thought as she looked at Kai dragging Hana put of the library.

"Hey! I wasn't done with that book!" Hana pouted.

"Why would you even read an English book?" Kai asked playfully.

Hana rolled her eyes and punched Kai's arms, "Unlike you, I'm not fluent in Korean. Besides, I'm American so it makes sense if I actually read an English book."

Kai laughed at her and ruffled her hair, "You remind me of someone. Someone I used to like."

"Used to like?" Hana questioned him.

Kai nods his head and smiled, "But that's all in the past. Plus, she's already taken. Now, I have someone else in mind."

Hana made an O shape with her lips and nods her head. She unknowingly pouted when Kai confessed that there's someone he likes right now.

Kai saw the pout and tried his best to hide his smile. But then he thought of Chanyeol. He knew that Chanyeol has a way with girls and if he doesn’t act fast, Hana would be taken away from him.

"Hana, try to stay away from Chanyeol hyung," Kai suddenly turned serious, "Please? One more thing, I like it when you called me by my full name." With that, he ruffled Hana’s hair again before walking away first, leaving the girl in utter shock, “Aren’t you coming?”

“Ah? Oh yeah. Coming!” Hana recovered from the shock and ran towards him.