CHAPTER 23

High School Zero

 

"Kids wake up!" Mrs Lee spoke through the microphone. A few students including Soojung jolted up while the rest remained asleep. "Get up now or you'll follow the bus back to school! That includes the graduated seniors."

Groans were heard everywhere as the students got off the bus, half asleep. Each class were given an entire cabin to themselves and students were assigned to their room which was shared amongst two students.

"Since we have an odd number of girls, I'm sorry but I'll have to put Naeun together with Soojung and Hana," Mrs Lee passed the key to Soojung and eyed the three, "No fighting okay? Now off you go."

Mrs Lee was about to head off to her rooms but she realised that the 10 boys have no rooms to stay in, "I'll find a room for the 10 of you."

"It's okay Mrs Lee. My dad reserved a room for us," Kyungsoo assured her. Mrs Lee nods her head and she dragged her luggage to her room.

"Where's our room?" Kris asked. All eyes were on Kyungsoo. They were all hoping to at least get one of the best rooms available. "Hyungs, about the room," Kyungsoo said nervously.

--

"Soojung ah, let's share the bigger bed!" Hana pointed to the bed near the window.

"I am not sleeping near the toilet!" Naeun protested.

"If you want to sleep at the coldest place then be my guest," Soojung said sarcastically.

Naeun puffed her cheeks in anger and ended up dumping her luggage on the bed next to the toilet.

Hana rolled her eyes at Naeun before she unpacked her belongings, "We're sharing this closet, and you can use that."

Naeun looked at the small closet and back to her belongings, "Jung Hana, are you joking with me right now?"

"Do I look like I'm joking Son Naeun? Both of us are sharing a closet! It's only right that we get the bigger one. Plus, nobody asked you to bring your entire closet from home."

Naeun gave up and unpacked her luggage before leaving the room since she couldn't stand another minute with the two friends.

--

"Hey guys!" Sehun and Kai who were busy unpacking looked up to see who their intruders were and right at their doorstep are 10 handsome guys standing there with their bags.

"No," Sehun walked up to them and slammed the door shut.

The 10 didn't give in and continued knocking but the two still didn't budge. Instead, they took turns to take a warm shower, played some games and used their laptops. The hyungs were still outside, relentlessly knocking on their door and yet Kai was sleeping peacefully beside Sehun.

Sehun grew annoyed and opened the door for them, "You guys are so annoying!"

"Move away, I need my sleep!" Kris pushed his way through and threw himself on the bed beside Kai.

"Kris hyung!" Sehun whined.

"Stop whining Oh Sehun! You sound like a 3 year old," Sehun snapped his head towards Chanyeol.

"Alright guys! Enough!" Xiu Min being the older one, stepped in, "the bed is big enough for two people to share so we shall take turns to share with the maknaes. I shall be the first one!"

"That's not fair! Look at that giant sleeping like a log!" Luhan threw a plushie at Kris, who hugged it to sleep instead.

"I can ask someone to bring in a thicker mattress for the rest of us," Kyungsoo said.

At his comment, pillows flew towards his direction.

"Why don't you get us a room instead?" Chen sighed.

"This room is too small for us!" Lay complained.

Baekhyun's eyes travelled around the room and then he smiled, "Why don't we move the two beds right against the wall so that there will be enough space for us to sleep on the floor?"

Suho didn't wait a second longer and he started ordering the boys around, "Yeol, push this bed first. Tao, wake those two up."

Tao was more than eager to wake Kris and Kai, "KIM JONGIN! WU YI FAN! WAKE UP!"

He jumped up and down the beds, stepping on the two once in a while.

"Tao you're gonna break the bed," D.O said nervously as he looked at the panda jumping.

"HUANG ZI TAO!" Kris roared.

Tao got off the bed hurriedly, only to step on Kai's leg, "YA!"

"Uh-oh," he said and he quickly hid behind Chanyeol, "Suho hyung asked me to wake you guys up!"

The ruckus went on and on. In the midst of the chaos, Sehun quickly escaped from the room. As he was walking down the hallway, Sehun bumped into Naeun, "Son Naeun, are they in the room?"

"Why do you think I'm out here then?" Naeun snapped.

Sehun rolled his eyes and continued walking towards the girls' room as he mumbled to himself, "Jeez! I was just asking. Don't need to give me an attitude."

--

A knock was heard on the door and Hana opened it, "Where's Kai?"

"It's nice to see you too. Where's Soojung?" Sehun replied sarcastically.

Hana punched his arms as Sehun walked into the room, "In the washroom. Seriously though, where is he?"

"Busy trying to kill Tao hyung. You might want to stop him," Sehun said as he lay down on the big bed.

"Yeah, and leave you alone with Soojung in this room? No way!" Hana stuck her tongue out.

"Party pooper!" Sehun stuck his tongue back at Hana.

Minutes later the front door burst open and in came a very furious Kai, "I'm gonna kill them!"

Soojung soon came out of the washroom and joined them as Kai went on and on about how the older boys were rearranging all the furniture in the room and also their clothes in the closet, "Can you believe them?"

"And they waited for an hour outside our room because we didn't want to open the door," Sehun pointed out.

"Desperate much," Soojung said. Hana nods her head in agreement, "At least you guys aren't rooming with Naeun! That girl brought her entire closet with her! See!"

The boys looked at the smaller closet with clothes and shoes hanging out.

"How many pairs of shoes did she bring?" Sehun asked as he went over to take a closer look.

As the four friends spent some time talking about random stuffs, mostly about Naeun and Areum, a knock was heard on the door.

"Come in!" Hana shouted. The door opened and the class president was standing outside, "its lunch time now and Mrs Lee wants us to gather at the lobby."

The four stood up from where they were seated and walked out of the room and locked the door behind them.

"Where's Naeun?" Hana asked. "Beats me. Let's just go. She's probably there already," Soojung replied as she and Sehun walked hand-in-hand to the lobby.


여러분!!! 새해 복 많이 받으세요~~*^^* HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE~!