CHAPTER 34

High School Zero

 

"He can leave once he's awake," said the nurse who came by to check up on Sohee and Sehun.

"Thank you," Soojung went to Sehun's side of the bed and sighed, "Stop faking. I know you're awake now."

Sehun slowly opened his eyes and stared at Soojung, "Have you been staring at me?"

Soojung was caught off-guard.

"You were closing your eyes too tightly," she simply replied, "You can go now."

"Do you really want me to go?" Sehun asked, this time he was serious.

No "Yes," she lied and he knew. But there was nothing he could do. Sehun got up from the bed and walked over to Sohee, kissing her on the forehead for the first time, "I'll see you again little princess. That is if your Umma allows."

This time Sehun looked at Soojung, "I can, can't I?"

"I'll call you again," she replied coldly.

--

"I'm going to the hospital first," Soojung holler out from the front door.

Peniel came running out of his room with a tie around his neck, "Wait! Help me with this!"

Soojung chuckled at placed her handbag on the small table, "You'll need to find a wife who can help you with your tie problems."

"Of course I will!"

Once she was done, Soojung grabbed her handbag from the small table and walked to the garage.

After 30 minutes of driving, Soojung finally arrived at the hospital. She was happily walking to Sohee's room while holding on to a new teddy bear when she saw nurses running around.

Before making a turn to Sohee's room, Soojung bumped into Sehun who was anxiously standing outside.

"What's wrong?" Soojung began to worry.

"She was fine when I came in earlier but after a while, she complained that her head hurts and started vomiting," Sehun began explaining what happened and Soojung grew scared and most importantly furious. She was furious at her mum for what she did to Sohee.

"Look after her for me. I need to go somewhere. Call me when something happens," Soojung handed him a name card and she ran off without turning back.

Soojung got on her car and sped off to her mum's apartment. She was beyond furious. It was the last straw. Soojung have had enough of her mum's nonsense and decided to put a stop to it.

"Mum! It's me, Krystal," Soojung banged on the door repeatedly until her mother opened the door.

"Were you trying to break my door down?"

"Breaking your damned door is nothing compared to you nearly breaking my daughter's head!" Soojung shouted at Yunji, "What were you thinking pushing a small child? She's only five for god sake! If you can't accept that she is Sehun's daughter, at least accept the fact that she's MY daughter and YOUR granddaughter!"

*Slap!* “Do not mention that useless person who ruined your life!" Yunji glared at Soojung.

"UMMA!" Soojung blew her top, "You're the one who ruined my life! From the day you abandoned us till the day you forced me into marriage!"

"I did not abandon you!" Yunji shouted back.

"Oh really? Then who was that woman who chose her career and son over her husband and daughters?" Soojung started tearing up when she recalled that horrifying day.

"Before you came back, I was happy, so was Unnie. Even Appa was happy! He finally managed to move on and found someone whom he truly likes but then you and oppa showed up, and ruined it for him! Do you think he would marry his son's ex-girlfriend? It was true I didn't like Minyoung at first but when I compared her with you, she seems like an angel while you, a complete devil!"

"What were you thinking, coming to Seoul and disrupting our peaceful life? The three of us were happy without you. But you just had to ruin it! Are you happy seeing your youngest daughter wasting her last teenage years, being tied down and forced to do something she hates? I'm sure if it's oppa, you won't even let a single fly bite him. What are we? We're your daughters too aren’t we? So why can't you treat us fairly? Why can't you be like other mums? Like Jongin and Sehun's who love and care about me like I'm their daughter."

"As much as you’re against my relationship with Sehun, you have to accept the fact that we're still connected to each other through Sohee. No matter how far you separate us, I would never forget him. As a matter of fact, even after all these years, I still am in love with him and there's nothing you can do about it. Now that you've achieved your dreams of expanding your business, please, I beg of you, let me go. Let us go. Leave us alone! I beg you! PLEASE!"

Soojung bawled as she slowly dropped onto her knees, begging her mother to stop all these nonsense.

"JUNG SOOJUNG, STAND UP!" A voice roared. Soojung and Yunji turned around, only to see her father, Sooyeon and Sehun at the door, "I did not teach my daughter to beg to someone as low as her!"

Since Soojung wasn't moving an inch, Sehun ran forward and pulled her up. "Get out of my house!" Yunji shouted at Sehun.

"He's not going anywhere!" Sunho shouted back, "Lee Yunji, I’ve had enough of your selfishness! From this day onwards, you are not allowed near my daughters, their lovers and my granddaughter! If you dare to do anything to them, I will charge you!"

Sunho turned to Sehun once he was done speaking his mind, "Sehun, bring her out."

Sehun and Sooyeon brought Soojung out of the apartment and the four drove to the hospital to see Sohee.

--

"Thank god you guys are here!" Kai who was seated outside the room stood up abruptly, “She’s fine now. Hana and the nurse are changing her clothes right now."

"Thank you Jongin," Soojung slumped onto the chair beside him. She was exhausted after all that drama and at the same time, relief after pouring her heart out.

"Jamie Oh's guardians?" The doctor-in-charge came out to greet them, "Who are her parents?"

"Us," Soojung raised her hands and pointed to Sehun at the same time.

The doctor checked his files and looked at the two, "Your daughter had a mild concussion but she's stable now. We still need to keep a close eye on her for a while but if she's fine by tomorrow morning, she's free to go."

Soojung thanked the doctor and heaved a sigh. Sooyeon told Sehun what the doctor said and he relaxed a little. Minutes later, the nurse came out of the room with the dirty hospital robe. She smiled at them and walked toward the laundry room. Mr Jung asked if he could enter first and Soojung gladly allowed him. The rest took a seat outside.

"Noona, what about the photo shoots?" Sehun asked after he remembered his purpose of coming to Chicago.

"That stupid photographer from Paris is down with a bad flu so he couldn't make it. We've arranged for another shoot in Seoul next month," Sooyeon furiously checked her planner, "The both of you have a shoot with Jay for the Nylon magazine next week. The other boys are doing a photo shoot with Jay right now for the new line. Yours will be tomorrow."

In the room, Mr Jung admired his first granddaughter. This is the first time he's seen her and to him, Sohee looks just like Soojung when she was a baby. But he also noticed the resemblance between Sehun and Sohee was pretty obvious.  "My dear, I will give you a complete family as a birthday present which I've owed you for the past four years," Mr Jung Sohee's hair and smiled at the young child.

Sooyeon came in after a while and saw the glimmer in her father's eyes, "She's pretty isn't she? I guess good genes run in our family."

Mr Jung laughed and nods his head in agreement, “Let's just hope she inherits only the good things if you know what I mean."

"Uncle, Sooyeon noona," Kai knocked on the door, "Hana and I are going to get dinner. Is there anything you'd like?"

"Anything will do. Thanks Jongin," Kai nods his head and bowed respectfully before leaving the room.

Mr Jung smiled one last time at Sohee before turning to face Sooyeon, “I think it's time we bring our family home, don't you think so?"

Sooyeon nods her head in agreement, "Maybe we should bring the two love birds back together. I can still see the sparks between them. But this time round, I'm getting married first!"

Mr Jung laughed heartily and commented, "Not until Jay officially ask for your hand-in-marriage."