CHAPTER 21

High School Zero

 

That night, all of them set at a secluded area of the food court, away from prying eyes. It was kind of awkward for everyone at first until Miyeon spoke up.

“Listen Soojung,” she said, “I didn’t know Yunho’s your brother. I didn’t know that they were father and son. If I did, I wouldn’t have gotten involve with your father. It’s true that I dated your father for money and fame, and I got it. I did love your father but then when I moved into the house, I realised that he’s still very in love with your mother and I detested him. That was why I decided to make use of him.”

All ears were on her. Miyeon stopped talking for a while to collect her thoughts, “Your brother and I, we dated for 2 years when I was in the states. But then he chose his career over me and so I left for Korea. I know it’s pretty messed up right now but I hope that you won’t judge me.”

“Hell yeah I’m judging you right now!” Soojung blew her top, “Why you did even dated my father? You guys were even preparing for a wedding and all!”

Miyeon looked down and sighed, “Soojung, that wedding we were planning all these while, isn’t ours. You might want to talk to your father about it. I’ve got to go now; I’ll see you at home.”

The entire table grew quiet. What was Miyeon talking about? Soojung thought. “I’m going home. I need to rest. I’ll see you guys this Saturday,” Soojung said as she stood up.

“I’ll send you home,” Yunho and Sehun said at the same time.

“You don’t even know where I live so don’t bother,” Soojung said, looking straight at her brother, “Sehun ah, let’s go.”

--

“Call me if there’s anything. I’ll see you in school this Saturday, don’t be late okay?” Sehun gave Soojung a peck on the cheeks before leaving.

Soojung dejectedly entered the house. Sooyeon raced down the stairs when she saw her sister coming in from her windows, “Soojung ah! We have guests in the library. Let’s go.”

Soojung followed her older sister into the library and to her surprised; Peniel’s parents were sitting in the library with her father. Mr Jung saw his youngest daughter and he couldn’t help but feel guilty towards her for what he’s going to do next, “Krystal, I’m sure you remembered Mr and Mrs Shin.”

Soojung politely bowed at her elders and made her way towards them with Sooyeon walking closely beside her. What’s going on? She thought.

“Our dear Krystal grew up beautifully! Is that Jessica? You girls look so alike! Just like your mother!” Mrs Shin grew excited. She hugged the two sisters who awkwardly hugged her back.

“Honey stop it! They look uncomfortable!” Mr Shin made his wife settled down before clearing his throat, “So Sunho, have you told her about the big news?”

Mr Jung shook his head. He sighed as he looked over to his youngest, most precious daughter, “Soojung ah, you know I love you and that I wouldn’t force you to do anything against your will. You see, your mother, has agreed to have marry Peniel. I am against it since you’ve already have Sehun but I still hope that you will at least think it through.”

Soojung stood motionless. She tried to process everything her father just said to her but no matter how hard she tried, it just doesn’t seem right at all. At that moment, everything just went through her head, Jongin, Hana, the older boys and especially Sehun. If she were to get married to Peniel, what would happen to Sehun? What about their current relationship? Her college life after she graduated. No! I can’t let this happen.

“This is nonsense!” Sooyeon shouted making Soojung startled, “She left us and now she expects Soojung to get married? I’m pretty sure this is all just a business thing but how could you? She’s only 18!”

“She will be 19 soon,” Mrs Shin pointed out.

“I am not letting my sister go through with this! I’m sorry but we’re leaving,” Sooyeon grabbed Soojung’s wrist and pulled her out of the library. The minute they were in Sooyeon’s room, the older girl hugged her sister. Sooyeon felt apologetic that all these are happening to Soojung. The two continued standing there, in each other’s embrace.

After what seems like minutes, Soojung pulled away and wiped her tears, “Unnie, what am I going to do? I don’t want these.”

“I know. I will try my best to prevent it,” Sooyeon assured her, “Do you want me to cancel tomorrow’s photoshoot?”

“It’s okay. I don’t want to cause any trouble for you and Mrs Oh. I just need some rest that’s all. Goodnight unnie,” Soojung shut the door and went to her room.

That night, she cried her eyes out. Her phone kept vibrating but Soojung was too busy crying and so she ignored it.


Short update for this chapter! BUT I will be doing a double update~ YAY! ^^ Thank you for reading and commenting :*