CHAPTER 11

High School Zero

 

It's been a month since the photo shoot and also since Sehun and Soojung went public about their relationship. Everyone naturally went against it especially Areum.  Nobody's would've ever thought that both Sehun and Soojung would like each other since the two were worlds apart. That is at least what they thought.

Each time Soojung was alone at the locker room, female students would give her dirty looks and constantly say mean things to her. As usual, Soojung brushed it off. However she did retort back once in a while, keeping up with her Ice Princess image. Come to think of it, both Sehun and Soojung rarely mingle with the rest of the students except for Kai ever since their other friends including Kyungsoo graduated from high school.

"Do you have work later?" Sehun asked Soojung as they walked to school together with Kai who is walking in front of them, playing some games on his phone. Soojung shook her head and looked up at Sehun, "We quit. We had a new manager recently and he was being a pain so we decided to leave the café. Plus, Sooyeon unnie told me that she has a new project for me and it pays well so I might be working with her as a part-time model."

"That's nice. Just don't tire yourself out okay?" Sehun kissed Soojung's cheeks and smiled at her. "You should smile more. You look more handsome when you smile," Soojung commented.

"Says the Ice Princess. You should smile too, and maybe take these thick specs off," Sehun slowly slid the specs off Soojung's face and stared into her brown orbs, "Maybe not. I want to keep this pretty side of yours to myself."

"Sorry to burst your bubble and ruin the moment but we're going to be late if you guys don't start running now," Kai kept his phones in his pockets and grabbed the straps of his bag before he starts to run, "and FYI, Kyungsoo hyung and I have seen that side of hers for quite a number of times."

"Ya Kim Jongin!" Sehun shouted at his friend as he grabbed Soojung's hands and made a run towards the school gate.

--

"Kai!" Naeun shouted the moment Kai stepped into the locker room, "Don't forget about our history consultation later after school. Maybe we can go on a little date or something after that."

"Thanks but no thanks Naeun. I have more important things to do then carry your shopping bags," Naeun blew raspberry when Kai rejected her.

At the other side of the locker room, Areum came walking in like as if the locker room was her own runway. Students move aside, afraid that they would get in her way. "Sehun oppa!" Sehun rolled his eyes while Soojung sighed. "I'll meet you in class," Soojung was about to walk away but Sehun grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to him, "Stay."

Soojung was still uncomfortable showing any PDA but Sehun thought that it is the only way for everyone to know and accept the fact that they're a couple.

"What do you want Kim Areum? We're busy," Sehun asked her coldly.

"Nothing," she replied, ignoring Soojung who was standing in front of her, "Just wanted to say hi."

"Now that you've said hi, I guess we should be going now. Soojung ah, let's go," Sehun intertwined his hands with Soojung and walked out of the locker room. "Jung Soojung! I will get you one day!" Areum said out loud as she bangs the locker door. Kai saw everything and dragged Areum put of the locker room, "Kim Areum! What do you think you're doing? Didn't I warn you not to do anything to Soojung?"

"Oppa! I didn't do anything to her!" Areum stomped her feet and pouted. Kai sighed and rubbed his eyes, "You didn't do anything yet. Listen up okay? Cousin or not, if you hurt my best friends and ruin their relationship, I swear I will tell your parents about your bad behaviour and grades,  and I'll make sure they send you back to your private school!" The moment he finished his sentence, the first bell rang, "Go to class and stay out of trouble okay?"

Kai was walking to class when he accidentally bumped into someone, "Sorry! I didn't see you there."

"Of course you didn't see her walking Jongin since your eyes were on the ground," his home room teacher said as Kai helped pick up the books on the floor. "Now run along Jongin before the last bell rings. I don't want to send you for detention again."

Kai bowed to the teacher and the girl before he sped off to class. New girl?

"Where's Mrs Lee? She's usually early for class meetings,” students in the classroom started talking loudly and playing around in the classroom. A few of them who were loitering outside the classroom shouted suddenly, “Old Lee is here! She brought her daughter to school too!”

Why would she bring her daughter to school? Idiots. Soojung thought to herself.

“Class settle down!” Mrs Lee hit the teachers’ table, hoping to get the class’ attention.

“Ya! Shut up!” Kai shouted at the class.

“Thank you Jongin,” Mrs Lee gratefully smiled at Kai, “As all of you can see here, we have a new student with us today. I hope that all of you here will treat her nicely. Why don’t we get her to introduce herself?”

Mrs Lee encouraged the student to take a step forward. “Good morning everyone, I’m Jung Hana and I’m from California. I hope that we can be friends and please treat me well,” Hana finished her introduction which received many different reactions from the students.

“Another American?” Naeun rolled her eyes and said out loud, “She’s not that pretty though.”

“Ya Son Naeun! Keep your comments to yourself,” Kai scolded her.

“Okay that’s enough from you Naeun. One more time and I’ll send you off for detention. Hana, why don’t you sit at the back with Sehun, Soojung and Kai? Kai please remove you rubbish from the seat beside you so that Hana can actually sit down,” Mrs Lee eyed at the pile of books, shoe bag and Ipod on the seat beside Kai.

Soojung and Sehun chuckled at Kai, “Serve you right.”

The class meeting went on and soon it was lunch time. As usual, Sehun and Kai were waiting for Soojung to pack her stuffs before they head off for lunch.

“Aren’t you going to invite your seatmate for lunch?” Soojung asked, not looking away from her bag as she takes out 3 lunch boxes for the boys and herself.

“You guys don’t mind?” Sehun shook his head while Soojung gave the okay sign.

Kai nod his head and tapped Hana’s shoulders, “We were thinking if you would like to join us for lunch.”

Kai rubbed his necks as he shyly asked Hana. Hana looked up at him and turned to Soojung and Sehun who gave her friendly smiles. Without thinking much, she nods her head and joined the three friends. As the three were walking to their usual spot with Hana, some students started making fun of both Soojung and Hana, “Oh look! The Americans are joining forces!” “You don’t want to mingle with Jung Soojung! She’s a high school zero!”

All the teasing continued until Sehun did something which made everyone quiet, “One more bad words about her and I swear I’ll make sure you people are expelled from this school! You know who I am. You know what I can do so you jolly well leave my girl alone before something bad happens to any of you! You know nothing about her! So shut your mouth before you regret it!”

The four had small talks with each other and Hana turned out to be a really nice person. Soojung even thinks that Kai might have a crush on her seeing how he’s acting really shy around Hana.

“So you’re from America too?” Hana asked Soojung.

Soojung nods her head and smiled, “Yup, San Francisco, California.”

It seems that Hana and Soojung were from around the same neighbourhood but went to different schools. Sehun and Kai were happy to see Soojung getting along with Hana. Their wish finally came true. Soojung finally has a girl friend whom she can talk to.