CHAPTER 19

High School Zero

 

As the four were making their way to the exam venue, two pairs of eyes were busy monitoring every move they made.

“First it was Jung Soojung and now it’s Jung Hana. Wait till I get my hands on the both of you.”

"I'll meet you guys in class. I left my calculator in the locker," Hana told the guys.

She walked to the locker room alone and it was surprisingly empty. After taking her calculator, Hana was about to shut her locker when someone slammed the door closed.

"Ya Jung Hana!" Hana knew who that voice belongs to, "Didn't we warn you not to get close to Kai! Are you stupid?"

Hana just kept quiet. She knew she wasn't at fault but she didn't know what to do. Hana couldn't stand it anymore and finally spoke up for herself, "Listen up the both of you. What I have between Jongin is something personal and none of you have the right to interfere, not even you Areum! So what if you're his cousin? He choose me and I was the one who decided to entrust myself to him. There's nothing the two of you can do to break us up! As for you Naeun, please just leave Soojung alone. They are happy together. Just don't do anything that would hurt any of them."

After saying what she wanted, Hana walked away while Naeun and Areum stood there dumbfounded.

--

"Hana ya!" Jongin called out. Hana smiled at Kai and wiped any stains of tears before joining Kai.

A few minutes later, Naeun walked into the classroom. She spotted Hana and Soojung laughing happily with Jongin and Sehun. Hana looked up and made eye-contact with her. Naeun glared at Hana before settling down.

"Alright students, keep all references away. I only want to see your stationery and calculator on your desk and nothing else. Please swap places with the person next to you and place your bags at the front of the classroom," the invigilator instructed and she passed down the name list and exam papers after the students have settled down, "Please sign against your name and pass it down to the next person, and take one exam paper each. One reminder before I start the paper. Please proceed to the auditorium after the end of the exams. You may begin now."

15 minutes after the start of the paper, another teacher came into the classroom to do a spot-check on the students as the students quietly attempt the questions. However sighs can be heard from certain corners of the classroom.

"Do it quietly. Another sigh from any of you and I shall deem the whole class as cheating!" The students began to quieten down.

It seems like the exam went well for the four friends since they were the first few to complete it, "I'll collect the papers of those who are done. Quietly leave the room and proceed to the auditorium straight away. Find your homeroom teacher and attendance will be marked at the entrance so don't even think of skipping."

--

"How was the paper?" Segundo asked the other three as he slid his fingers into Soojung's.

"It was doable I guess. We owe it all to Luhan hyung," Kai replied.

"I guess we have to treat the older boys’ dinner or something later," Soojung suggested. Hana simply nod her head. Kai found it weird that his girlfriend isn't into the conversation. He mentally reminds himself to ask Hana about it.

After marking their attendance, the four went to search for their classmates who were already there and took a seat a row behind them.

"Are they going to announce where we're going to for our senior trip?" asked of their classmates.

"Hopefully! I want to go to the ski resort! I heard from my Noona that they went there last year and they had so much fun!" added another one of their classmates.

"Where do you think we'll be going?" One of them turned to ask Kai, Hana, Soojung and Sehun.

"Since it's a winter trip, I guess we'll be going to the ski resort. Where else would they bring us to? Camping?" Kai joked.

"If we were to go for camping in winter, these three would freeze to death first! Look at how skinny they are!" Another classmate joked.

"Haha very funny!" Sehun replied sarcastically.

"I've been on a winter camp before though while I was in the states," Soojung joined in the conversation.

The boys in the class including Hana were shocked when they heard her.

"Are you serious?" The same boy asked, "Soojung, how did you even survive?"

"Since I was in the ice skating team back then, it's pretty normal to have those kinds of camps."

As half of the class were busy chatting with each other, Naeun finds it rather bothering, "Why are those boys being all chummy with those two girls? They've never talked to me nicely before!"

Soon without them knowing, the entire auditorium was now filled with the seniors.

"Good afternoon to my graduating students," the principal began his speech, "As most of you are aware, today is the last day of school and you would be graduating in February next year. All of your teachers and I noticed the hardworking you seniors have put in and so we have come to an agreement. We would like to reward you with 3 days 2 nights winter trip to the most famous Ski resort in Korea which is owned by none other than your senior, Do Kyungsoo's family. The packing list would be given out at the doors so make sure to collect it along with the consent forms. Bring along the consent form on Saturday before we leave for the trip. The bus would be leaving at 8 AM sharp so don't be late! Lastly, do remember to clear out your lockers, latest tomorrow, Friday at 5PM. You are now officially dismissed!"

Everyone was jumping for joy and the entire auditorium was buzzing with excited seniors.

Since they didn't want to come back to school tomorrow, Sehun, Soojung, Kai and Hana went straight to the locker room to clear out their lockers. As they were clearing it out, a piece of paper fell out of Hana's locker and before she could even pick it up, Kai had already picked it from the ground.

"Jung Hana," Kai said sternly, "what is this? How long were you planning on keeping it from me?"

Hana couldn't bear to face Kai and so she stared at the floor.

"Ya Jongin ah! Can't you talk softly?" Soojung reprimanded her best friend as she consoled Hana.

"Hana ya, how long have they been threatening you?" Sehun asked.

"Since they found out about us," Hana replied softly, “Areum and Naeun sent me text messages at first and then they started doing this."

Kai let out a sigh and shook his head, "We'll talk about this later. Right now, lets meet the hyungs before they go ape on us for being late."

Sehun saw that Hana didn't move an inch. He walked towards her and took her hands, encouraging her to walk with them, "Go. Don't worry about those two. Kai will do something about them."