CHAPTER 33

High School Zero

 

Sehun parked the car at the car park and Soojung ran with all her might into the hospital. She went to the counter and asked the receptionist about Sohee.

"May I know where Oh Sohee's at?" Soojung asked calmly.

"Oh Sohee? You mean Jamie Oh?" The receptionist clarified.

"Yeah Jamie!" Soojung was no longer patient. Sehun found her looking all flustered and ran to her aid.

"Sir, Ma'am, your child's at the emergency room," the receptionist informed them.

Sehun understood what the receptionist said and thanked her. He held onto Soojung and brought her to the ER. There, they were greeted by Peniel's anxious parents, "Thank god your here! She needs a blood transfusion but we can't since she's a type O!"

"I can't! I'm an A!" Soojung started panicking.

Realizing that none of them could donate their blood, Sehun volunteered to donate his, "Me! I can do it. I'm type O!"

Soojung's eyes were as wide as Kyungsoo's. *Of course! He's the father after all.* She thought.

"For real?" Peniel's father asked, "I'll inform the doctor then."

Sehun nods his head and turned to face Soojung, "She's going to be fine. Trust me."

*Since when did I never trust you?* She thought.

"What's your relationship with the child?" The doctor asked Sehun.

Before he could reply, Soojung beats him to it, “Father. He's the child's father."

"Alright then. I need you to fill up this form up," the nurse passes a form which Soojung helped to fill up.

Sehun was obviously surprised by the sudden news. He walked over to Soojung and asked her, "What do you mean by I'm the child's father?"

"Sehun not now," Soojung brushed him off. She passed the form to the nurse and the nurse asked Sehun to follow her.

While Sehun was getting his blood drawn, he stared at the ceiling and recalled what Soojung said just now, "I have a daughter?"

Outside, Soojung was beyond furious after finding out what happened. Mrs Shin told her that her mum came over and she was shocked to see Sohee there. When Sohee kept bugging her, Yunji grew annoyed and pushed the child, causing her to bump her head against the table end.

Peniel was already there and when he heard what happened, Peniel had the urge to kill that woman.

"Soojung!" Soojung turned around and saw the entire gang running towards their direction.

"Is Sohee alright?" Kai was worried. He is the god father after all and it was clear how anxious he's feeling right now.

"She's stable now. Sehun transfused some blood to her," Soojung managed to calm everyone down.

"So he knows now?" Chen asked. Soojung nods her head.

D.O went over to her and gave her a packet of sandwiches and a cup of caramel macchiato, "I'm not hungry."

"Eat," D.O said sternly, "You didn't even manage to eat your dinner just now."

Kris encouraged her to eat and there was no way Soojung could refuse. Minutes later, the doctor came out, "Jamie Oh's guardian."

Everyone stood up at the same time, shocking the doctor. "I'm her mother," Soojung walked forward.

"The step-father," Peniel said.

"Your child is out of danger now. But we still need to monitor her so she wouldn't be discharge any time soon."

The doctor was about to walk away but Soojung called him, "What about the donor?"

"He's doing fine. We're pushing them to a new ward for them to rest."

At that moment, the nurses rolled out both of their beds.

"Sehun ah!" Luhan and Suho ran forward.

"Hyung," Sehun weakly smiled.

Kris, Kai, Hana and Sooyeon helped to push Sohee's bed as they checked up on her.

The rest of them along with Soojung and Peniel walked behind.

"One visitor at a time," the nurse told them.

Soojung went in first and opened the door timidly.

"My Princess," Soojung caressed Sohee's face.

"That used to be my nickname for you," Sehun spoke up out of nowhere, startling Soojung.

"You're supposed to be resting," Soojung said coldly.

Sehun wanted to laugh but he knew now wasn't the perfect time, "I see you're back to the cold Jung Soojung."

Soojung rolled her eyes at him and tugged the blanket properly under Sohee.

"I'm sorry," Sehun managed to say.

Before Soojung could say anything, she turned around only to see Sehun's eyes close. Soojung sighed and shook her head.