CHAPTER 37

High School Zero

 

[Kai's POV]

Ever since the not-so-surprising-yet-still-kind-of-romantic proposal Sehun did last month, Hana and Sooyeon noona just couldn't stop talking about how pathetic their love lives were compared to Soojung. Excuse me Jung Hana! How is your love live with me pathetic? I don't know about Jay hyung, but I've showered you with love since day one. Isn't it enough? Well, I guess not. So right now, Jay hyung and I are lazing around at my apartment with Luhan hyung, Lay hyung, D.O hyung and the devil himself, Oh Sehun.

“Seriously though guys just propose!” says Sehun for the umpteenth time.

“Yeah! If that’s what they want then just do it,” Luhan butted in.

I suddenly had the strong urge to kick these two best friends out of the apartment. Instead, I threw a pillow at them, which landed on D.O hyung instead.

“You think it’s so simple? Girls hard the hardest thing to solve besides math,” Jay hyung was right. Of course Luhan hyung, being the smart one disagreed. “This is so frustrating!”

“Why don’t you guys bring them to somewhere nice and romantic?” Lay hyung suggested, “Girls likes to be treated like a Princess once in a while. So why don’t you guys bring them out for dinner, go to the beach or somewhere, wait for the right moment, and propose!”

“You forgot about the rings hyung,” Sehun pointed out, “Or bring them somewhere which holds a sentimental value to them. Like the place you asked her out?”

Jay hyung contemplated for a while before shaking his head fervently, “I wouldn’t do that.”

Everyone gave him questioning looks and what he said next just made us roll around like buffalos.

“YOU ASKED HER OUT IN FRONT OF THE TOILET AT THE OFFICE? HYUNG!” Luhan hyung just lost it.

“Why did you even confess in front of the toilet?” D.O hyung asked as he stopped laughing.

“She looked extra pretty on that day and I happened to drop by her office so I just asked her on the spot!”

I sat quietly as I thought of the day I confessed to Hana, “I know what to do! Thanks guys!”

I hastily dialled Hana’s number on his phone and waited impatiently for her to answer the call while walking towards the elevator. By the fourth ring, Hana finally answered the call, “Hello?”

“Babe! Are you free right now?” I asked rather excitedly, hoping that she will say yes.

“I just finished a photo shoot. What’s up?” I could hear Hana thanking the staffs and vice versa.

“Meet me at the café near the studio, I’m hungry.”

“I’ll be there in half an hour.”

--

Like she promised, Hana reached the café within 30 minutes. Kai was more than happy to see his girlfriend whom he greeted with a peck on the lips. The two ordered their food and ate slowly, enjoying each other’s company.

“Why the sudden date?” Hana wiped her lips and observed the rather fidgety Kai.

“Can’t a guy ask his girlfriend out?”

Hana shrugged and smiled sweetly at Kai which made him even more excited for his plans later in the evening.

“Let’s buy some flowers for you Mum.”

Hana looked at her boyfriend weirdly, “Didn’t we visit her last month?”

“Like what you just said,” Kai stood up from his seat and offered his hands to Hana and guided her out of the café, “It’s been a month. I’m sure the flowers would’ve wilted by now.”

Hana and Kai walked to the florist hand-in-hand, earning envious gazes from passers-by. They went to Mrs Kim’s shop and bought a few stalks of white carnations. After which, they took a taxi to the cemetery.

Kai smiled giddily as he thought of his plans and Hana was growing suspicious. She decided to ignore it since she knew Kai has always been weird. After an hour of drive, they finally reached the cemetery. Kai paid for the fare and the two climbed the long flight of stairs before reaching Mrs Jung’s cemetery.

Hana's face lit up upon seeing her mum's grave. She ran over and greeted her mother gleefully, "Umma! Jongin and I are here again!"

Kai bowed respectfully and he placed the fresh white carnation against the tombstone, "Good evening aunty. I bought fresh flowers just for you."

Kai left for a moment to allow Hana some time with her mum. Once he knew that she was done, Kai walked over to Hana and laced his fingers into hers.

"Aunty, there's something important I would like to tell you," Hana was curious as to what Kai has to say, "Remember the promise I made about looking after Hana for you until she is sick and tired of me? Since we've been together for 6 years, I've been thinking of making it official. Right here at this moment I would like to make a request."

Kai paused as he turned to face Hana. He slipped his hands into his jeans pocket and took out a simple ring, "I, Kim Jongin, would like to ask Jung Hana if she would like to spend the rest of her life with me."

"Jongin ah," Hana choked as a tear slipped down her cheeks.

"Hana will you marry me?" Kai showed her the ring, "I know this ring is nothing compared to Soojung but I promise you I'll buy you an even more beautiful ring for our wedding."

"This ring is enough for me. It's beautiful," Hana sobbed.

Kai's eyes widened in shock, "Is that a yes?"

"Pabo! Of course it's a yes! I've been waiting for this day since forever."

The moment Kai slip the ring into her ring finger, the trees surrounding them rustled along with the wind.

"I guess Umma says yes," Kai smiled at that statement and he couldn't restrain himself. He planted a wet kiss on Hana's lips as he smiled in-between the kiss, "I love you."


NEW STORY IS UP!