CHAPTER 13

High School Zero

 

Everyone in the car is very fidgety. The three of them were too nervous to even say a single thing throughout the entire ride to school.

"Why don't you kids ever go to school by car? Isn't it faster?" Mr Jung asked them.

"It's pretty hard to enter the school gates by car since there are a lot of students walking in," Soojung lied. Please, the students in the school would make away for any big cars entering the school. Mr Jung gave them the benefit of doubt and continued checking his emails on his phone. After a 15 minutes’ drive, they've finally reached school. Contradicting to what Soojung said earlier, it was pretty easy to enter the school. "Dad!" Soojung stopped her Dad from opening the door, "Can we please wait for the crowds to disappear first? They're all staring at us." 

Kai and Sehun nod their head in agreement while Mr Jung shook his head and looked at them sternly, "Kids, I have a very important meeting to go to. I suggest all of you to step out of the car right now."

Mr Jung stepped out of the car while the other three gulped. He waited for a few seconds before Soojung finally decided to come out followed but Sehun and Kai. All eyes were on them. They couldn't believe what they're seeing right now. Jung Soojung was standing beside THE Jung Sunho.

Finally they realised something very important and all of them regretted what they've done to Soojung. Soojung is the youngest daughter of Jung Sunho, also known as Krystal Jung, the source of envy of every teenage girl in Korea. They couldn't believe that the Krystal Jung they've been fawning over since day 1 is actually Jung Soojung, the girl they had constantly made fun of.

"Kids?" Mr Jung called them, "Aren't you guys going to class?"

Sehun who was the first to react, bowed to Mr Jung before nudging the other two, "Let's go!"

Kai bowed to Mr Jung and left first leaving behind Sehun and Soojung since he saw Hana at the front of the courtyard.

"Bye honey. Have fun in school," Mr Jung gave Soojung a kiss on her head before making his way to the teachers' office.

Soojung and Sehun joined Kai and Hana at the locker room. Soojung felt like she's about to die from the stares of the students. When they were walking down the hallways, every moved aside, making way for them. None of the students did or say anything bad to Soojung since they found out about her true identity. Another reason is that they didn't want to get into trouble especially since her father is in school too.

"Don't you guys have lessons to go to?" Kai has had enough of these two-faced students, "Aren't you a junior? Go to your classes and stop staring at us! We're not a bunch of circus people."

--

Today was definitely the worst school day ever! Other than Areum and Naeun, nobody left the four of them alone. Soojung and Hana were definitely the most uncomfortable amongst the four since it was the first time they were being surrounded by so many people in school.

"Finally!" Kai exclaimed. The teachers saw how the four of them had a hard time looking for a place to eat for lunch so they've decided to allow them to eat at the new dance room.

"Hey you okay there?" Hana was worried when she saw Soojung leaning against the mirror, with zero energy left in her. Soojung gave her an okay sign and heaved a sigh. Kai nudged Sehun and gave him a quirky smile. Sehun knew what he meant but he refuses to do what Kai wanted and whispered to Kai, "I'm not getting up Kim Jongin."

"Not even for Soojung?" Kai raised his eyebrows at him. Sehun gave up on him and finally stood up. Hana and Soojung stared at the two, trying to figure out what they were up to. Suddenly, Kai made his way to the stereo and pressed the play button.

Music filled the dance room and the two boys got in position. DBSK's Mirotic played in the background and both of them started dancing to the music. Soojung had seen Kai dancing before and she knew how great he was. However, this is the first time she saw Sehun dancing and as much as she tried not to be biased, she couldn't help but thought that Sehun is a great dancer too. Hana on the other hand tried her best not to stare at Kai throughout the dance but failed since Kai caught her staring countless of times.

The music came to an end and the girls gave the boys are standing ovation. "I didn't know you could dance!" Soojung exclaimed, "Well I know you dance but I didn't know you were this good."

Sehun smiled proudly after his talent is being recognised by his own girlfriend. "He could've done better but he always skips dance practice. Like that time you sprained your ankle!"

"What?" He raised his hands, trying to defend himself, "It was because I wanted to accompany you since you sprained your ankle and Kai had to go for a last minute practice before the competition."

--

School ended early since the teachers are having their usual meetings. Hana had asked Soojung to accompany her to go shopping which Soojung gladly agreed to.

"We're going for practice. Do you girls want to come?" Kai asked, looking intently at Hana. Soojung saw through him and decided to teaser him a little, "Thank you for the offer Jongin but we already have plans. See you guys after practice!"

Hana and Soojung sped off leaving the two boys behind. "Soojung ah! Call me once you're done!" Sehun shouted at her. Soojung showed an Okay sign before boarding the bus.

"Oh my god! That's Krystal!" students on the bus started whispering to each other, “Soojung sunbae, would you like to seat?" Soojung kindly rejected the girl and moved to the rear of the bus with Hana.

"Soojung ah! Hana! Seat with us!" a couple of the classmates offered. Since there weren’t any available seats left, the two sat down and shrugged at the unwanted attentions on them.

"I can't wait to get off this bus," Hana spoke in English. "Me too babe," Soojung replied.

--

Soojung and Hana get off the bus once they've reached Hongdae. The two walked to the shopping mall her father owned. All the workers there recognised her and bowed to the girls in respect. Soojung nods her head, signalling for them to get back to their work instead.

Soojung brought Hana to Sooyeon's boutique since Hana needed new clothes especially since the weather is getting colder by the day. "Unnie!" Soojung called out for Sooyeon. Sooyeon, who was busy entertaining a client, waved at her sister and asked one of the workers to serve them.

Hana and Soojung both scanned through the clothing racks before picking out some clothes.

"This is Soojung, my sister. She's the model for the new line," Sooyeon introduced Soojung to the client. Soojung bowed at the lady in front of her, "Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm Jung Soojung."

"What a polite girl!" the lady clapped her hand in glee. She moved her head slightly and glanced at Hana, "Is this your friend?"

Soojung introduced Hana to the lady, Mrs Park. Apparently, she's look for a teenager to help her with her new clothing line. Since Soojung already has a contract with Sooyeon, she decided to ask Hana instead. Hana was of course honoured to be given the offer. She had assured Mrs Park that she would get back to her once she has discussed it with her parents.

After shopping at Sooyeon's boutique, the two walked around the mall and randomly entered some shops which caught their attention. As they were busy chatting with each other, Soojung didn't notice that there was someone in front of her. Soojung accidentally bumped into the guy causing him to drop his phone. "Woman look where you're going! Geez!" the guy bend down and picked up his phone. Soojung couldn't believe this guy, "Excuse me, if you weren't so busy focusing on your phone, you would've seen me walking in front of you!" The guy took off his cap and adjusted the headphones around his neck, showing off a baby-faced guy, "So now I'm at fault? Look what you've done to my phone!"

Hana was stuck in between the two. She tried calming down Soojung but it was useless. "It's just a phone! It won't die just from a few scratches!" Soojung rolled her eyes. "You know what?" the guy asked, "Forget it. I'm wasting my breath on you." With that, the guy walked away as he mumbled some foreign language to himself. "Weirdo," the two girls said at the same time. The two laughed at themselves before walking away. "Hold on," Soojung said as her phone rang. She checked her phone only to that Sehun was calling her.

"Hello?" Soojung answered the call.

"Are you girls done?" Sehun asked.

"Kind of. Why?"

"Well, my whole group is here today and they want to meet the both of you. Meet me at the Café near the mall okay?" with that, Sehun hanged up the phone.


Guess who's the guy the girls bumped into! hehehe >< He's my bias~ 

Anyways...HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!