CHAPTER 18

High School Zero

 

It was already the second last day of the exams week. For the entire week, the four rarely went out after school like they always do. Instead, they would crash at Kai's apartment and study the night away, sometimes even sleeping there much to Luhan's disapproval.

But as the days goes by, Luhan and the girls started to warm up and finally got to know each other. There was no longer any tension amongst the three and they got along with one another.

"What's your last paper?" Luhan asked, curious since he saw all four of them looking more stressed out than usual.

"Math," the four groaned.

"Math? I love math!" the Chinese boy exclaimed.

Soojung looked at Luhan like as if he was from outer space, "This is probably one of the reasons why we don't match."

"Make space for me kiddos! I'll be your Math tutor and I’ll guarantee that you kids will pass with flying colours! Or at least pass with acceptable math. Now where did you guys stop at?" Luhan took Sehun's textbook and browsed through their past assignments and tests. He pointed out every single mistake they made and explained carefully all those they didn't understand.

For the sake of Soojung, he even repeated it till she understood him. Seeing them studying this hard, Kyungsoo called Lay over and the two prepared a scrumptious dinner for the five of them. "Do you finally got it?" Luhan asked Soojung. "I guess," she replied, not taking her eyes of the paper.

"If that's the case, do these questions for me," Luhan slid a piece of paper in front of Soojung. All eyes were on her as she meticulously answered the problem. Luhan looked hopeful as he watched Soojung answered them at ease.

"I'm done!" Soojung passed the paper to Luhan as the older boy looked through her answer.

"It's correct," Luhan mumbled before he looked up at Soojung, "You got it right!"

The two jumped for joy. It seems like both of their efforts didn't go to waste.

"Dinner is served!" Lay shouted from the kitchen.

Kai dragged out a table from the storeroom and placed it in the living room. The girls laid out the utensils and dishes while the boys brought in the food.

"Thank you for the food!" the four of them shouted in glee. Luhan being the oldest urged them to tuck in and so they seven of them ate the food happily.

"This is the best meal I've eaten in ages! You guys should be a chef instead!" Hana beamed as Lay and D.O shyly accepted her compliment. "Sleeping over for the night again?" asked D.O.

"I guess," Hana replied, "I brought my uniform over just in case since Dad is away for a business trip."

"What about you two?" It was Luhan's turn to ask.

"I am staying over since I still need your help," Sehun replied.

"Since you guys are staying over, count me in. I need Luhan oppa's help too. Plus, I'm not in the mood to see that woman," Soojung gave an awkward smile as the other three guys looked at her quizzically.

Lay wanted to go home but Kai forced him to stay for the night since he thought that Lay could help them with their Math too.

Once they were done eating, D.O offered to clean up while they continued to study.

"You guys better ace this paper. I don't want to waste my dancing time for nothing," Lay warned them.

"Yes sir!" the four shouted.

By 12 midnight, all of them fell asleep in the living room. D.O who was fast asleep in the room came out to see six of them sprawled in the living room. He went back into the room and brought out some pillows and thick blankets for them.

"They don't call me D.O Umma for nothing," he said proudly as he looked at the six who was now sleeping comfortably. D.O lay on the sofa and soon joined them in slumber.

--

"Wake up! Time to wash up!" Lay shouted.

He walked up to Kai and shook his body. As usual, Kai didn't move an inch. Lay gave up on Kai and woke Sehun up instead. The boy flinched but went back to sleep. "These kids," Lay mumbled.

"Soojung ah, wake up. Time to wash up," Lay patted Soojung's arms. A few seconds later, Soojung's eyes flickered open. "What time is it?" she groaned.

"7 AM," Soojung couldn't believe that Lay woke them up this early when their paper is only at 9 AM.

Soojung rubbed her eyes and sat up, not forgetting to give Lay her death glare. Soojung finally gave up since Lay was bent on waking her up. She stood up from where she was seated and made her way to the washroom.

Minutes later, Hana woke up and she too made her way to the other washroom for a shower.

"Aish these kids!" Lay looked at the four who was still sleeping comfortably.

Without any other choice, Lay took one pillow and began hitting every single one of them, "Wake up you lazy bums! It's already 7.30!"

"Ya Zhang Yi Xing!" Luhan shouted at Lay, "I'm older than you! Stop hitting me!"

"Well then wake up! You're showing a bad example to the maknaes. Look at them! They're still asleep when their exam is in a few hours’ time!" Lay pointed at the rest.

"I don't have any exams so please don't disturb my sleep!" D.O grumbled as he covers his face with another pillow.

"Do Kyungsoo; if you don't wake up, I'm going to burn down your kitchen!" D.O shot up from the sofa and threw a pillow at the older boy, "Don't you dare touch my kitchen Lay hyung."

After what seems like ages, all of them finally woke up. D.O was busy ironing their uniforms while Lay prepared breakfast. Luhan on the other hand, sat at the head of the dining table with a newspaper in his hands like a boss. The apartment was busier than ever as the four high school students scurried all over the house, looking for their stationeries and bags.

“Ready?” Luhan asked as he started the engine.

“YES!” they shouted.

As if on cue, Luhan drove them to school and throughout the entire ride; he kept reminding them to check their answers carefully. It was a torture for both Kyungsoo and Lay since they were stuck in the car, listening to Luhan’s constant nagging.

“Enough already! I’m sure they understood it the first time you said it. Gosh you sound like my mum!” Lay whined. The other four vigorously shook their head in agreement.

“Maybe worst,” Kyungsoo added in.

Luhan glared at the two through the mirror but soon stopped talking. As they reached school, all eyes were on them.

“Omg! Luhan, Lay and D.O sunbae are back in school!” some of the students jumped in glee.

“Your popularity never seems to fade,” Kai commented.

“Whatever. Anyway, we’ll pick you up after school. Since it’s your last paper, let’s watch a movie or something to celebrate,” Kyungsoo suggested.

Sehun gave the older boys and Okay sign before getting off the car. Once the four stepped out of the car, they waited for the older boys to drive off before going in.

“Good luck!” Kyungsoo shouted while sticking his head out of the window.