CHAPTER 6

High School Zero

 

Soojung's POV

I’ve been ignoring Sehun for the entire day ever since the encounter with Areum. Who does she seriously think she is talking to me like I’m a piece of rubbish? God she’s so annoying! She said that she’s 10 times richer than me. Excuse me! But the last time I checked, her Dad has a huge debt to settle with mine.

To avoid any more dramas, I’ve decided to avoid Sehun which I kind of impossible since he’s my seatmate. I had to control myself from talking to him. Each time he tried to start a conversation; I’d tried to make myself busy or start talking to Jongin. I could tell that he was getting frustrated but a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do.

It was lunch time, and Jongin and I were sitting at our usual eating place, the one beside the pond. Jongin was complaining about how Naeun wouldn’t want to start on their project and insisted on going shopping instead. He kept blabbering on and on but my thoughts were on Sehun. The time we spent at my house doing our project, how he called me a princess, our random conversations with Sooyeon unnie at dinner and our walk to school earlier this morning.

But my thoughts were interrupted when I saw a shadow hovering above me. There he is, standing behind me, with his lunch box and banana milk. I didn’t know Jongin invited him and right now, I really didn’t want to be seen with him so I excused myself to the washroom, “I’ll meet you in class.”

 --

It was English period now and my classmates are slowly walking in to the classroom a few minutes before the final bell rang. My phone rang and to my horror it was my dad, “Hello?”

“Krystal, I need you home early for dinner. Bring Jongin along,” my dad treats Jongin as his son. He may seem cold but he’s kind to Jongin since he’s his best friend’s son.

I’ll talk to him about it. I might bring another friend over. Bye,” I hang up the call. And right at that moment, Jongin and Sehun was already seated at their seats.

“Kai,” I called him, “My dad wants you over for dinner.” Jongin gave me the okay sign and soon the lesson starts.

I was feeling guilty for ignoring Sehun and so finally I’ve decided to ‘communicate’ with him since we need to discuss about our history project. I wrote a note on my English notebook and passed it to him

Are you free after school? – Soojung

Yeah why? – Sehun

Nothing. Just wanna discuss about the history project. – Soojung

Sure! By the way…are you okay? –Sehun

I feel so guilty right now!

I’m fine. Sorry for being an just now :( -Soojung

Nah it’s okay! Hope you’re feeling better now Princess! ^^ -Sehun

I looked at the note and couldn’t help but smile. I looked at him and gave him the most sincere smile ever.

--

The three of us finally reached home after a tiring day of school. The maids and of course my sister, were exceptionally happy today since both Jongin and Sehun dropped by. They prepared some fruits and snacks for us to eat while Sehun and I discussed about our history project.

Jongin was complaining that no one was paying attention to him and in the end he gave up and did his project as well. It was soon 7pm and Dad had just returned from his business trip. What’s more surprising is that he brought someone over too. A lady in fact. A young lady to be precise. It was pretty awkward since Sehun and Jongin is here.

“So Sehun, what does your parents work as?” here we go again.

“My dad runs a hotel and some holiday resorts while my mum owns some beauty salon and a dance school in Seoul,” wow! I didn’t know his family was this rich.

“I see. Are you interested in the family business?” Dad questioned Sehun.

Being the polite person he is, Sehun replied my dad, “As of now, I’m not really interested in it. Dad knows and he allows me to do what I like best, dancing.”

Dad nods in approval. It seems like he likes Sehun. We had our usual small talks. Dad asked Jongin about his family and all. I swear my dad sounds like a stalker right now.

“Dad, who is she?” I could tell that Sooyeon unnie tried her best not to sound rude.

All eyes were now on the young lady beside me. “Aren’t you going to introduce yourself?” I asked her straightforwardly. I swear I saw her smirking at me when I asked her that. She’s definitely trouble!

The lady wiped her lips before introducing herself, “Hi everyone. I’m Park Miyeon, a model.”

Model? Interesting. She grabbed Dad’s hands and starts rubbing it, trying to look y. Jongin was controlling his laughter and Sehun was trying to stop Jongin from laughing.

“What is it that you want to tell us?” I asked, feeling extremely uncomfortable by their display of affection. Come on! I have guests here!

“We’re getting married,” I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I stopped what I was doing, stood up from my seat and left the house.

Krystal!” unnie shouted for me but I didn’t stop and just walked away

Someone please help me. I feel so lost right now.