CHAPTER 25

High School Zero

3RD UPDATE! 


 

The whole class ate dinner at the cabin itself without Soojung. Sehun already told Mrs Lee then her mum showed up suddenly and that they went to a nearby cafe to talk.

"Sehun ah! Your phone is ringing," shouted a female classmate, who was about to charge her phone next to Sehun's.

Sehun put his plate down and walked to his phone, "Hello?"

It was Soojung who called. Her voiced sounded weird and Sehun started growing worried, "Soojung, are you crying? Where are you?"

"I'm at the café," she said.

"Wait for me," Sehun hanged up his phone and grabbed a jacket from the clothing rack, "Mrs Lee, I'm going out for a while!"

"Be careful!" Mrs Lee shouted but Sehun had already left.

"His phone!" The same female classmate exclaimed as she pointed to the phone.

Mrs Lee looked out of the window as heavy snow covered the entire ground, "Hopefully they'll be safe."

--

By the time Sehun reached the café where Soojung is at, his head and shoulders were nearly covered by snow. He entered the café and was greeted by a worker at the counter. Sehun bowed to the worker and scanned the cafe for Soojung. He spotted her sitting alone by the window with a cup of hot caramel macchiato in front of her.

Sehun approached her slowly before settling down in front of her. "Isn't it beautiful?" Soojung said as she admired the view outside.

Snow covered the entire place and now the ground was completely white. The two remained seated as they continued admiring the view outside, forgetting about the time.

"Excuse me, we're closing soon," the same worker who greeted Sehun earlier said as she bowed politely before going to another table.

The two reluctantly put on their coats and left the cafe.

As they were walking, Sehun noticed a sign by the sidewalk; Route is closed due to heavy snow. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. "Now what?" Soojung asked as she shivered as the strong wind blew.

Both of them walked toward another cafe and stood in front of it when an elderly man passed by them, "Aren't you kids going back to the cabins?"

"We were but the route is now closed and we have nowhere to go to," Sehun replied. "I guess you can spend the night at the equipment room," the elderly man offered, "Don't worry, there's a heater there but I'm afraid that it would be too small."

Soojung told the elderly man that they were okay with it and so the two followed the man to the equipment room.

The room wasn't that bad. It was just nice for the both of them stay for the night.

"I kept some blankets inside. Feel free to use it. I'll be going now," the man said as he turned up the heater before closing the door behind him.

"Soojung," Sehun said the moment the elderly man left the room, "We need to talk."

--

The both of them sat quietly in front of the heater. So many things were going through their minds but neither of them knew where to start first. Soojung noticed that Sehun wasn’t going to speak up any time soon and so she decided to go first.

“There’s something important I need to tell you,” she spoke softly.

“What is it about?” Sehun knew it had to do with something Hana mentioned earlier.

Soojung gathered her courage and finally told Sehun about the engagement, “I’m sorry.”

Sehun was dumbfounded. He didn’t know what to say or do. As much as he disapproves of the current situation, there was nothing he could do about it. He already met Peniel a couple of times and as much as he would like to differ, he knew that Peniel was a nice guy.

“Is there really no way out?” Sehun mumbled, loud enough for Soojung to hear and understand.

“Appa disapproves of this engagement but Umma had already promised my hand-in-marriage to the Shin family and they’ve already started planning the wedding. I’m really sorry.”

Sehun covered his face in frustration. He knew that the support of Mr Jung wasn’t enough since her mum has the final say, “I love you Soojung ah.”

Soojung looked at the boy beside her and her heart couldn’t help but flutter, “I love you too Sehun. I love you very much and nobody can ever replace your place in my heart. I hope that you’ll always remember that. You choose me even when I was a nobody and you still love me when you knew I lied about who I was, and I thank you for that.”

Soojung gave Sehun a hug and didn’t let go and the two embraced each other in front of the heater. Sehun broke off from the hug and gave Soojung a passionate kiss. The kiss was filled with love and at the same time, it felt sad, like as though they were having their very last kiss. The next thing they knew, the both of them took it to the next level.