CHAPTER 24

High School Zero

 

"Okay class gather around!" Mrs Lee shouted, "Jongin is everyone here?"

"How would I know? I'm not the class president," Kai replied, "One thing I know is that the class president is still not here."

Kris, who just arrived, smacked Kai's head, "Don't be rude."

"Look! The president is here!" One of the students pointed to the door, "Oh! He's with Naeun!"

"Sorry about the delay. I was looking for her."

Mrs Lee shook her head and continued to address the class. They were told that after lunch, all of them would head off for skiing till before dinner time. But throughout that period of time, they were free to do whatever they want. After dinner is class bonding time. Supper is optional and students weren't allowed loiter outside the cabin area after 11PM.

Once dismissed, the students ran towards the buffet table and filled their plates with all the delicious food. "So, what do you guys want to do?" Chanyeol asked as the 14 of them stood outside in the cold in their skiing outfit and gears.

"Let's just ski since we're already here," Xiu Min said.

"Let's race to the end! Last person will buy hot chocolate for us!" Baekhyun said enthusiastically.

Everyone got ready and skid down the slope immediately. Everyone except for Lay though. The poor boy was still struggling with his goggles, "Hey! Wait for me!"

"Lay hyung! You're so slow!" Chen laughed at the older boy who was going down the slope slowly.

The race went on and in the end, Lay still came in last and he had to buy 14 cups of hot chocolate for everyone. Being the kinder ones, the girls order a small cup but the boys on the other hand other large cups each.

"Thank you oppa!" The girls happily took a cup of hot chocolate each.

"Not a problem. Drink up," Lay smiled shyly, showing off his dimple.

"Thanks hyung!" The younger boys thanked him.

"Shut up and just drink," Lay scoffed, "Oh and I hope you burn your tongues." At that moment, Xiu Min who was seated at the head of the table burned his tongue, "Now that's what I call karma!"

The whole group laughed at Xiu Min's misery. The poor guy looks like a puppy with his tongue hanging out. While the rest of their classmates were out, all of them spent the rest of the time in the warm living room, seated in front of the fireplace.

"And when she opened her eyes, nobody was in front of her," Baekhyun was telling a ghost story and as he told his story, Chanyeol crept behind the girls and Tao, "Suddenly, out of nowhere, someone grabbed her neck!"

On cue, Chanyeol brushed his hands on Tao and Hana's neck.

"AH!" All three of them shouted at the same time. Tao and Hana hugged Soojung, who was seated in the middle tightly.

"Hahahaha!" The boys burst into laughter.

"You should have seen your faces! It was priceless!" Kris commented in between his laughter.

"It was epic!" Kai, Sehun and D.O high-fived.

"Kim Jongin! Oh Sehun! Do Kyungsoo!" The three said sternly as they eyed the other three.

Their eyes soon shifted to the older boys and Soojung was showing her usual face, only 10 times scarier.

"Oh !" Chen said as he slowly got up.

"RUN!" Chanyeol shouted at the top of his lungs and soon the boys ran around the cabin to save their lives.

14 of them played catching in cabin for a good 15 minutes but were interrupted by an intruder, "Krystal Jung."

Soojung and Hana, who were beating the crap out of Luhan, Sehun and Kai with a pillow, looked at the person who called for her.

Soojung put the pillow down and stared at the person, "Umma."

"Umma?" Some of the boys mouthed to each other, looking confused. Sehun got up from the ground and looked at Soojung.

*Why does she look so cold towards her mum? Didn't she miss her?* Sehun asked himself. He placed his arms around Soojung's shoulders. Soojung snapped out of her trance and looked at Sehun before looking at the rest.

"We need to talk," her mum said and she eyed the boys and Hana coldly, "In private."

Soojung stepped away from Sehun and looked at the rest of them, "Don't worry. I'll be back soon."

"Call us once you're done. We'll pick you up," Suho said as he looked at Soojung worriedly.

"I will oppa," with that, Soojung left the cabin and followed after her mum.

"Soo-" before he could say it, Soojung was already gone. Sehun stared at the opened door with a worried face.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine," Kris assured him.

"Her mum looks scary!" Chen commented and the rest agreed. "I don't recall being this nervous when I first met Mr Jung," Kai added in. D.O nodded his head in agreement, "It's like I just met Regina, the evil queen from Once Upon A Time."

"Maybe ten times more evil," Lay surprisingly said. Luhan looked at him in disbelief. "If Yi Xing says she's evil then she's evil," says Xiu Min.

As the boys continued discussing about Soojung's mum, Hana was seated quietly on the sofa with Suho and Kris as they eyed Sehun intently.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this a secret," Hana whispered so that only the four of them could hear, "There's something going on with Soojung and Sehun, you need to know about it."

"What is it?" Sehun asked.

"I don't think I'm in the position to tell you about it but I suggest you ask her instead since I doubt she would tell you anytime soon," Hana looked apologetically at Sehun, "I'm sorry."

"If that's the case then I suggest you ask her when she comes back," Kris said as he rubbed Sehun's arms.

"Let’s go get ready for dinner," Suho said as he stood up from the sofa, "Guys! It's time for dinner!"