CHAPTER 36

High School Zero

 

Over at the house, the gang along with Mr Jung, and Mr & Mrs Shin decorated the house. Streamers and banners were hung around the house with pink and white balloons all over the place.

"Hi I'm Chanyeol," Chanyeol's usual loud voice turned into a chipmunk voice, "The one and only Happy Virus."

Everyone laughed except for Sooyeon, "Keep it up and this group will no longer have any happy virus."

Chanyeol frowned and continued pumping helium gas into the balloons while Lay tied some strings around it.

"Short person in need of help!" Jay shouted as he struggled to put up the birthday banner.

Kris came to his rescue and effortlessly put up the banner.

"It's good to be tall isn't it?" Jay sighed while Kris merely laughed.

"Xiu Min hyung!" Kyungsoo grumbled once again as Xiu Min stealthily took another piece of sandwich from the plates.

Xiu Min puts the sandwich down after being caught only to set his eyes on another delicious food, the Tteokbokki. He slowly crept to the pot full of Tteokbokki and pokes a rice cake through his forks. Before he could put it into his mouth, Kyungsoo took the pot and fork from him.

Xiu Min simply shrugged. *This Baozi will not stop until he gets his hands on some food* Je thought to himself. He scanned the kitchen and saw a tray of baked potatoes. Without waiting, he grabbed a fork and ran towards it, successfully putting the food into his mouth.

"KIM MINSEOK!" Kyungsoo shouted at the top of his lungs, causing everyone in the living room to stop whatever they were doing, "OUT OF THE KITCHEN NOW!"

Chen walked into the kitchen and escorted Xiu Min out, making sure he didn't take any kind of food with him. Xiu Min grumpily settled down beside Hana who was busy making a birthday card for Sohee.

"Wanna help me Oppa?" Hana offered some coloured markers to Xiu Min.

"Why not?" Xiu Min took the markers and helped Hana with the enormous birthday card.

Soojung on the other hand was in Sohee's room, rummaging through her daughter's piles of art works. She carefully took some out and put them neatly in a folder before writing something on it, For Daddy. Satisfied with her penmanship, Soojung took a wrapping paper and wrapped the folder nicely with it. She took another piece of wrapping paper and wrapped her birthday gift for Sohee.

"We're done! Take the cake out," Mrs Shin exclaimed.

Tao opened the refrigerator and carefully took the cake out and at the same time eyeing it.

"No Tao, you can't eat it yet," Baekhyun took the cake from Tao and placed it at the counter top.

"I was just about to light the candles!" Tao lied.

"Yeah, by drooling at the cake," Baekhyun chuckled.

"They're at the driveway! Switch off the lights," Kai instinctively switch the lights off and ran back to stand beside Hana.

Soojung was standing right in front of the door with the cakes in her hands.

On the count of 3 the door flung open, "SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted at the same time.

Jay switched the lights on just in time to show the shock faces of Sehun and Peniel.

"Look at the Dads' faces!" Chanyeol laughed hysterically.

"Shut up hyung!" Sehun glared at the older boy. He moved closer to Soojung who was holding the cake and slightly bends down, making it easier for Sohee to blow the candles.

Sohee managed to blow only 1 candle, leaving the other four in its original state. At that same time, Sehun and Soojung instinctively blew the candles out for Sohee, moving their faces closer to each other.

Sohee moved her head away and forcefully pushed her parents’ faces nearer to each other, making Sehun kiss Soojung's lips by accident.

"I'm so sorry!" Sehun automatically apologized, "Sohee, you shouldn't do that. Umma could get hurt by the candles."

“Sorry,” Soojung shook her head, passing the cake to Tao who was next to her.

"Happy birthday Princess!" She planted a kiss on Sohee's cheeks before showing her the enormous card Hana and Xiu Min made for her.

The party continued with the gang showering Sohee with presents and kisses. Mr Jung played with his granddaughter, allowing Soojung and Sehun to have some alone time.

"Sohee," Soojung called for her daughter. Kai brought Sohee over and went back to join the rest who were playing chubby bunny.

Soojung brought Sohee to her room and asked Sehun to follow them. She took the two presents and gave it to Sohee. Soojung whispered into Sohee's ears and her daughter's face immediately brightens up.

Sohee took one of the gifts and gave it to Sehun. Sehun squat in front of Sohee and took the gift, "For me?"

He looked over to Soojung and she was nodding her head, "She drew them for you."

"Appa open it!" Sohee was hyper now.

Sehun nods his head and carefully tore the wrapper. He looked at Sohee and Soojung who were seated on the bed and he couldn't help but smile. Sehun took a seat next to them and carefully looked through the folder. He admired every single one of Sohee's artworks and unknowingly he started tearing up.

"I missed you," that was the only thing Soojung told him as she sobbed.

"Appa why are you crying? Are my drawings ugly?" Sohee pouted.

Sehun wiped his tears away and shook his head, "They're beautiful sweetheart. I'm just too happy that's all."

He planted a kiss on Sohee's forehead and took Soojung's hands. I guess this was what Peniel hyung was referring to just now

"Jung Soojung, I know that you're single right now," Sehun got up from the bed and knelt in front of Soojung, "and so in front of our daughter, I, Oh Sehun, would like to ask if you can accept me into your life Again. This time not only as the father to your child but as your husband as well."

He puts his hand into his pocket and took out a jewellery box, "Will you marry me?"

Right at that moment, everyone gathered outside the room to witness the proposal. Peniel signalled for Sohee to come over and the little girl ran into the arms of Peniel. Sehun waited for what seems like a long time before Soojung finally nods her head. He was beyond elated. Sehun got up and slid the ring into her ring finger.

Everybody cheered loudly, happy that the two love birds are finally able to get their happy ending. Hana and Sooyeon on the other hand looked at Soojung, envious that she got such a romantic proposal.

“Unnie, I guess we have to stay single for the rest of our lives,” Hana faked sob as she stared at Kai and Jay.

The two guys exchanged looks and simply shrugged their shoulders.

"By the way, do they come in a set?" Soojung asked, "The jewellery box your mother gave to me that day along with the envelope."

"Have you read them?" Sehun grew curious

Soojung nods her head, "I did and I'm glad that fate brought us together again."

Sehun blushed as he remembered the contents of his letter.

[5 years ago after the wedding]

Soojung and Peniel were already on the plane, flying off to LA for their honeymoon. They were comfortably seated at the business class with nobody disrupting their sleep.  Halfway through the flight, Soojung woke up, unable to sleep anymore. She finally remembered about the envelope and jewellery box Mrs Oh gave to her earlier.

Soojung bent her body and took her handbag which was on the floor and rummaged through it. She finally found the envelope and the box. Carefully, she tore open the envelope and took out the piece of paper which was completely filled with Sehun's handwriting.

To my beautiful Princess Soojung,

By the time you're reading this, I guess you're finally someone else's wife. I'm sorry for being such a coward, not doing anything for this relationship. I just want to let you know that I love you so much and I will for the rest of my life. The night I broke up with you, I was a mess. I am still a mess right now. I did nothing but lock myself up in the room. I felt hopeless.

 I know that many people say that love is never having to say that you're sorry but to me, that's all bull. I love you so much, that is why I'm so sorry towards you. I'm sorry for breaking your heart. Most importantly, I'm sorry for leaving you when you needed me the most. If you still love me even after so many years, then I hope you'll wait for me. If were meant to be with each other, I'm sure fate will bring us together again. And when that day comes, I promise that I will never leave you ever again. I love you Jung Soojung.

-Your useless Prince, Oh Sehun

“What’s next?” Xiu Min asked with his mouthful, earning him a smack from Luhan.

“We’re going home,” Sehun replied not taking his eyes off Soojung’s. 


It's ending soon ;AAAAA;