CHAPTER 5

High School Zero

 

The next morning, Soojung was awakened by the vibration of her phone. She grabbed her S3 from the table and unlocked it, only to see two text messages; one from Jongin and the other from Sehun.

Junggie ~ I heard from a certain someone that he'll be picking you up for school later ;) The wink is so not needed Kim Jongin. Soojung rolled her eyes and continued reading his text.  If that's the case, I'll see you in school at the locker room - Kkamjong

Soojung ah! Good morning ^^ I'll meet you outside your gate at 7.20AM. Is that okay with you? Kai told me that you’re usually not awake yet at this timing. See you later~ -Prince Sehun

Soojung's POV

7.20AM? Okay.

I shut my eyes for a few seconds, only to realise that I have exactly 40 minutes to get ready. I shot up from my bed, grabbed my uniform and towels and ran to the washroom, to take a shower.

"Let's see. You're late...again..." Sooyeon unnie, isn't that obvious?

I rolled my eyes and began eating my cereal. As per usual, the two of us talked about almost the random stuffs, from our school & work, to our weird neighbour.

"Dad's coming home today. He said to come home early for dinner. There's something he wants to discuss," what is it this time? The last time he wanted a family meeting was when he decided to move back to Korea.

"We'll see," I simply reply, "I have a project to complete with Sehun."

"It's either you complete it before dinner or you invite him home. Bring along Jongin, I miss that kid," I'm sure you do sis.

I bade farewell to my sister and walked to the front gate. A familiar figure was seen, sitting on the bench back-facing the gate, He was serious about picking me up. I slowly walked up to him and cleared my throat, “Did you wait for a long time?”

“Oh! Not really. I just reached a few minutes ago,” Sehun looked exceptionally handsome today. The two of us walked to school together and bumped into some of my neighbours.

“Morning Mrs Kim!” I greeted the old lady who was busy watering her plants.

“Soojung ah! Going to school? Where’s your friend?” Mrs Kim stopped what she was doing and walked up to me, giving me a hug.

“Jongin? He’s probably in school now,” I politely replied.

“Who’s this? Your boyfriend? He’s too pretty for a boy!” Mrs Kim pinched Sehun’s cheeks.

Sehun blushed at the contact, “Good Morning Mrs Kim. I’m Sehun, Soojung’s classmate. Sadly I’m not her boyfriend.”

I saw Mrs Kim whispering to Sehun and I was dying to know what she said to him. The two of us bowed to Mrs Kim and continued walking to school.

Sehun’s POV

“She will be pretty soon. I can tell that she likes you. All the best!” Mrs Kim whispered to me. If what she said was true then I think I’ll confess to Soojung soon.

As usual, all eyes were on me the moment I stepped into the school. Girls were whispering and some were cussing at Soojung. I could she her looking bored even after she was cussed at by some of the students for walking with me. This girl is really something.

“Oppa!” oh no! Not again. That is Kim Areum. She is the most annoying girl I’ve ever met! She keeps telling everyone in school and even our parents, that we’re dating. Obviously my mum doesn’t believe her but gosh her parents are just like her!

Both Soojung and I stopped walking when Areum abruptly stood in front of us, “What do you want Areum? We’re busy.”

“Why are you and Soojung sunbae together? Did you bump into each other on the way here? Where’s your driver? Did he not send you to school?” Areum went on and in interrogating me. That is until Soojung stopped her, “Areum. Shut up! You’re being annoying.”

“Who do you think you are talking to me like that? Listen up Jung Soojung, you’re nothing but a High School Zero, while I on the other hand, is probably 10 times richer than you,” Areum raised her voice intentionally, just to embarrass Soojung, “Leave Sehun oppa alone! You’re probably annoying him!”

You’re the one who’s annoying me right now Kim Areum!

Before I could reprimand Areum, Soojung walked away, pushing anyone that’s blocking her way.

“Soojung ah!” I shouted for her but she didn’t stop, “Look here Kim Areum, for the last time, LEAVE ME ALONE!”

Throughout the entire day, Soojung didn’t talk to me even when we’re in class. Kai wanted to have lunch with me and so I agreed.  I saw Soojung sitting beside Kai, quietly eating her lunch as Kai continued talking to her. When she saw me, she got up and excused herself. Kai obviously didn’t know what happened earlier and so he was surprised to see Soojung acting that way. When I told him everything, he got so mad that he nearly went to find Areum.

Soojung please talk to me.