CHAPTER 31

High School Zero

 

5 years passed by in the blink of an eye. Soojung was taking a nap in her room when her door opened suddenly.

"Umma," A little girl's voice woke her up immediately, "Look!"

Soojung picked the girl up and sat her on the bed. She took a closer look at the drawing block and her lips curved upwards, "What did you drawer Princess?"

"I drew our family!" The 5 year old replied gleefully, "That's Aunty Sica. Beside her is Uncle Jay. Here is Hana Umma! Jongin appa is holding her hands too. That's the uncles." She pointed to every single one of them, "That's Peniel appa beside you."

Soojung noticed that there was another person holding on to the little girl's hand as well, "Who's that Soohee?"

"This?" Soohee pointed to the person, "Appa! He's holding my hands!"

Soojung kissed her daughters cheeks and played with her hair, "It's beautiful honey."

"Umma, when can I see Appa?" Soohee asked.

Truthfully, even Soojung herself is not sure about it. As Soohee was growing up, Soojung told her that Peniel wasn't her father and that she will be able to her real father one day of she behaves.

Because of that, Soohee grew up to be an obedient child. Every once in a while she will ask about Sehun. What he was like. What his likes and dislikes are. Soojung answered her easily. She told Soohee how alike the two of them are. Just like Sehun, Soohee loves to dance and does aegyo too. Although her eyes were similar to Soojung's, Soohee looks after Sehun. Her father is a pretty boy and hence their daughter grew up to be a pretty baby too.

Peniel and Soojung divorced last year like what they've planned. The adults were of course furious when they found out about it but there was nothing they could do about it.

They knew about Soohee but Peniel's parents still showered her with love like any grandparents would. Soojung mum didn't even take a look at Soohee once. When she found out that the child was Sehun's, she broke all contacts with Soojung. Yunho comes by once in a while to see his niece. He and Soojung were on a better term now but still they kept a certain distance away from each other.

--

Over in Seoul, Sooyeon was busy with her own company. Hana was the main model for most of her clothing brands. Luhan, Kris and Chanyeol also signed on as full time models for the company while Jongin and Sehun modelled as part-timers as they concentrate on dance school. Kyungsoo went to a cooking school with Lay. The two often have cooking battles in the apartment and Xiu Min was the happiest out of all of them when that happens.

Chen, Baekhyun, Suho and Xiu Min became wedding singers and Lay is they official song writer. Tao became a Kung Fu trainer at his old university and was earning big bucks. He is even thinking of opening a Kung Fu school.

--

"Noona," Sehun took a short break from modelling and had a small chat with Sooyeon, "How is she?"

"Doing well. They moved to a new house near Peniel’s workplace," Sooyeon said.

It was normal for Sehun to check up on Soojung once in a while. Each time he asks, there is always that one question he forced himself not to ask. *Where is she living at now?*

He knows that if he finds out, he would book a plane ticket straight away and fly over to her.

"Sehun, the company wants to send you boys to Chicago for a photo shoot next week. Block that entire week alright?" Sooyeon told him.

There was one important fact she left out. Soojung is at Chicago at the moment.

--

"Can we go? Can we go? Please noona!" The boys were having dinner with Hana, Sooyeon and Jay at a small restaurant in Hongdae.

"Gosh Baek, you look ugly," Chanyeol dissed him.

Baekhyun shot him a glare, "I wouldn't be offered a job by Sehun's mum I was ugly you giant!"

"Ok enough!" Sooyeon raised her voice in attempt to shut the noisy group up, "Fine we're all going okay?" 

The gang ate their dinner after much ruckus and decided to walk around after the heavy meal.

"Yo Sehunnie," Hana slung her arms around Sehun's, "You okay there buddy?"

Sehun nods his head and place his empty hands in his pocket, "Yeah, just tired from work and the dance school."

Hana wasn't convinced, "Sure? You can tell me if there's anything you know?"

"Positive. Plus even if I don't tell you, you'll dig it out on your own."

Hana stuck her tongue out at Sehun. The two have gotten a lot closer after the whole incident. Sometimes Kai feels left out and whined about how he wants to fly over to America so that he can be with his best friend too.

"Again? Guys, we're the three musketeers but why am I always left out?" Kai pouted.

"Oh don't be such a baby Jongin. You were talking to Kyungsoo oppa so I thought you didn't care about me," Hana said jokingly.

Sehun look at the two enviously, "You can have your girlfriend back lover boy. I'll walk with Luhan hyung."

Sehun stopped walking and waited for the older boy. Passers-by looked at the group of ulzzang walking down the streets of Hongdae. Girls ogle at the boys especially Kai and Sehun, "He's cute!"

"Which one?" Another girl asks.

"The tall blonde one."

"I think the other one is cuter," Kai knew the girls were talking about him. He took a peek at Hana and tried to surpass his laughter when he saw Hana fuming in anger.

Kai tightened his grips on her palms and spoke loud enough for the girls to hear, "Is my baby jealous?"

The girls frowned when they found out that Kai was taken. They scanned the group and were happy to see Sehun walking alone.

"Someone's interested in you Sehunnie," Luhan . Sehun covered his face in embarrassment causing the girls to squeal at his cuteness.

--

Sehun plopped down on his bed, worn out from all the posing and walking. His eyes landed on the picture frame on his study table. It was a picture of him and Soojung taken during their first ever photo shoot. Sehun walked over to the study table and sat on the chair. He grabbed hold of the picture frame and stared at it, "I wonder how you're doing. Did you read the last letter I gave you? Do you have a child? If you do, I'm sure the child is going to be as pretty as you."

Sehun’s eye lids involuntarily closed and once again, he fell asleep holding on to their photo.