CHAPTER 17

High School Zero

Soojung's POV

I woke up with a throbbing headache. *How long did I sleep?* I scanned the room and soon realised that I wasn't in my room, neither was it Kai's. I shifted my body up but the headache got worse, "Oww!"

"Soojung! You're up!" Sehun rushed to me and help me, "Be careful there. You're sick so don't move around so much. Stay still, I'll go and get the thermometer."

I watch as Sehun disappeared from the room. I stretched my arms to get my bag which was on the small chair beside the bed. I fished out my phone and checked to see of there's any text. A call came soon after and it was from unnie.

"Krys! How's my baby sister?" Sooyeon unnie fussed over the phone.

"I'm fine Sica. I'm at Sehun's place right now," Sooyeon unnie promised to pick me up from there after she's done with her work. I hanged up the phone and in came Sehun and his mum. "Mrs Oh," I greeted her weakly.

"It's okay Soojung. There's no need to be so formal," she sat at the edge of the bed and checked my temperature, "Your fever has subside. Are you hungry? I cooked some fish soup. You know what? You should have a little since you need to eat your medicine. Hold in while I bring it up for you."

Mrs Oh seems nice. Unlike other rich woman, she seems genuinely nice. I felt a weird feeling when she checked on me. It was nice actually. I felt a mother's love.

"How are you feeling Princess?" Sehun got in bed and hugged me.

"Better. Much better. Thank you for bringing me here," Sehun was about to kiss me when he let out a sneeze. I guess we both have gotten the flu bug.

Mrs Oh came into the room a few minutes later with a tray of food, "We usually do this when Sehun has to study and his dad is not home for dinner."

She laid the food on the small round table beside the bed and scope some rice onto the three bowls.

It seems like Sehun is really close to his mum. I envy him actually.

"I heard that you'll be the official model for the new clothing line. I saw your pictures. You seem like a professional," She said as she put some kimchi on my rice.

"I guess it's in my blood," I simply replied.

"I can't wait to put up your pictures all over the boutique. I'm sure the customers would love that."

After the wonderful dinner with Sehun and his mum, the three of us sat in the living room and watched some random shows in the TV. I wrapped myself up with a blanket and laid on the couch.

After 30 minutes, Sica unnie texted me to wait outside as she was nearing the house. I bade farewell to Mrs Oh and thanked her for everything. Sehun walked me out and the both of us waited for Sica in the cold.

While waiting, I felt something on my cheeks and when I looked up, snow was falling from the sky.

"Look, it's the first snow!" Sehun exclaimed like a little boy, "I'm glad that I'm able to see the first snow with you." 

He turned to face me and adjusted the scarf around my neck, "Don't fall sick again. I hate seeing you like this."

I nod my head and hugged him tightly. I felt warm and safe in his arms. Sehun saw the car and gave me a quick peck on the forehead, "Go home safely. Wash up and go to bed okay? I'll call you tomorrow."

I entered the car and waved to Sehun before Sica drove off.

Kai's POV

I couldn't believe it but I'm actually kissing Hana and she didn't even push me away. We were still sitting at the bus stop when the surrounding started getting colder. That was when I realised white droplets were falling from the sky.

"Look, it's snowing," Hana pointed out.

I smiled at her and held on to her hands, "I'm glad that I can experience this with you."

She gave me the sweetest smile ever and cuddled my arms. I pulled away and draped my hands around her, keeping her warm.

The bus came five minutes later and the two of us got on it. Throughout the entire journey, the both of us fell asleep since we were too tired from walking up and down the flight of stairs at the cemetery.

I woke up from my nap and realised that we're reaching in two stops. I shook Hana's arms and woke her up. She squinted her eyes due to the bright lights *cute*

The both of us got off the bus and I dropped her off at her house. Her father answered the door and gave me a 'I'm judging you’ look. I bowed to him and left Hana's house, and made my way home.

Soojung's POV

"How are you?" that was the first thing Dad asked the moment I stepped into the house. "I'm fine now," I assured him, "I'm going up now. Good night."

To tell you the truth, ever since Miyeon started living with us, Dad and I rarely talked. It's either I'm studying in my room or fast asleep when he came home.

He seems to be coming home late every day. Each time I tried asking him what was wrong, Miyeon would interrupt. I swear I felt like smearing some chilli paste on her face.

The next morning, I worked up and did my usual routine. Since we were given a week of study break, the four of us had agreed to study in a café near the school.

"Why aren't you dressed in your uniform?" Dad asked.

"I have a study break remember?" I replied as I spread some butter on my toast.

He simply shrugged it off. Dad has never done that before. Usually he'll ask when's the exams and made sure that I'm prepared for it. This time round, he didn't seem to bother about my studies. He didn't even notice that I've quitted my job at the bakery.

*There must be something wrong with Dad.*

After breakfast, I got ready and made my way to the café. Sehun, Jongin and Hana came by a few minutes later and we started studying.

Hours of studying went by and it was nearly time for dinner. We decided to call it a day and went to find some proper food.

As we were walking down the street, I heard someone calling me, "Ya Jung Soojung!"

I turned around and there right in front of me stood my two friends from America, "L.Joe! Peniel! What are you guys doing here?"

It was a pleasant surprise for me. L.Joe and I used to go to the same tuition centre where we became friends while Peniel's Mum and mine were friends which explain why we're friends too.

I introduced Sehun, Hana and Jongin to them and it seems like that got along well. Okay, kind of. There was a little bit of tension in the air when we were having dinner. L.Joe and Peniel were whispering to each other and they seem to be giving Sehun a disapproving look. *What's up with them?*

"How are you feeling now?" Sehun asked.

"Much better," I gave him the okay sign. Sehun placed his palms on my forehead to check my temperature, "No more fever. Good!"

L.Joe and especially Peniel seems uncomfortable with our sudden skinship and looked away.

After catching up with each other, we left the eatery and stood by the roadside. "We're going that way," Jongin pointed to the right.

"We're going this way," Peniel pointed to the traffic light.

"The two of us are walking this way. I guess this is goodbye then. See you guys tomorrow," I hugged Jongin and Hana while Sehun waved at them.

"Ya Oh Sehun!" Kai shouted from where he was standing, "Send my best friend home safely in one piece!"

"Worry about your own girlfriend Kai!" Sehun shouted back.

"Bye guys," I waved at them as Sehun bowed. The two boys nodded their heads and we went on our separate ways.

Nobody's POV

"Byunghun, what now? She's taken," Peniel said dejectedly.

"I'm not too sure myself. We’ll just have to wait till they arrive before we could tell Krystal about it," L.Joe sighed as they crossed the road.