CHAPTER 30

High School Zero

 

It was officially the wedding day. Soojung was at the salon, getting her make-up done. Sooyeon and Hana were busy going around making sure that they've brought everything along with them.

"Unnie!" Soojung shouted for Sooyeon.

"Yes dongsaeng?" Sooyeon came to the VIP room panting.

Soojung gestured for Sooyeon to lean closer and whispered into her ears, "I feel like eating ramyeon."

Soojung smiled sheepishly at her sister. "Are you nuts? You're getting married in a few hours’ time and you want to eat ramyeon?" Sooyeon slightly raised her voice.

"But the baby wants to eat. Be a good aunt and get me some ramyeon please! Unnie!" Soojung started doing aegyo and Sooyeon finally surrendered.

"Babe! The photographer is here," Hana opened the door and a male photographer steps in.

"Hi, I'm Jay park. Is it okay if I take your pictures now?" He asked politely after introducing himself.

Soojung gave an okay sign and Jay started snapping pictures. Soojung called Hana over and took a picture with her.

"Here's your ramyeon Princess!" Sooyeon opened the door and accidentally smacked Jay, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there! Are you okay?"

The two teens chuckled at the scene in front of them and Hana took the ramyeon from Sooyeon before she spills it on Jay.

"No biggy! I'm fine. Plus I'm used to it you know? The downside of being a short guy," Jay joked, "Hi I'm Jay by the way, the photographer."

"Oh so you're the Jay my worker hired? Hi I'm Jessica, the bride's sister," Sooyeon and Jay shook hands and everyone in the room knew they had something for each other.

"Why don't you three girls take a photo together before we head off to the venue?" Jay suggested and the three were more than happy to comply. After taking a final picture with the staffs at the salon, they head over to the wedding venue along with Jay and the makeup artist.

--

"Ge! My tie isn't working!" Tao grumbled as he tried fumbled with his tie.

"Gosh Tao! You're 20 already and you still can't tie a proper tie?" Kris took the tie and placed it around Tao's neck.

Chanyeol saw them and took a commemorative picture, "Aww look at the Taoris couple!"

Chen threw a pillow at him and shook his head, "Let's go! Suho hyung and Baekhyun are already waiting for us downstairs."

The six drove off to the other boys' apartment and waited in the car for them.

--

"Who's driving?" Lay asked as he checked his tuxedo one last time.

"Not me. I just borrowed the car from my parents," Kai said as he styled his hair. D.O avoided the entire conversation, leaving Luhan stunned, "Hey I'm not driving you guys!"

"Let's just wait for Minseok hyung to come and make him drive since he's late," D.O suggested causing the rest to laugh.

"Is Sehun coming?" D.O asked.

"I doubt it," Kai replied, "he didn't pick up my call last night."

As they were about to leave the apartment, the four heard cars honking from the first floor.

"I bet they're here," Lay said before closing the door behind.

"Don't forget to close the door!" Luhan shouted from the lift.

"Opps!" Lay laughed and ran back to lock the door.

"What took you guys so long?" Kris grumbled.

"Mr Zhang forgot to close the door," Kai blamed Lay.

Kris rolled his eyes and scanned the group, "Sehun's not coming but where Xiu Min?"

"There he his!" Luhan pointed to the boy who was running towards them, "Baozi, you're driving!"

Upon hearing Luhan, Kai tossed the key over to Xiu Min and happily entered the car. Given no choice, Xiu Min head over to the driver's seat.

The three cars finally managed to go to the wedding venue.

--

"Dude you're sweating like a pig!" L.Joe passed a piece of tissue to Peniel as they stood at the entrance greeting the guests.

"Donggeun, wipe off those sweats! You're getting married not playing football," his Mum said.

Opposite them, the Jungs were greeting their guests as well. Mr Jung greeted his business associates while Yunho and his mum greeted the rest of the guests.

In another room, Soojung was waiting to be called out. Family members and acquaintances congratulated her. Another knock was heard and it was Mrs Oh who walked in.

"You look beautiful my dear," she bend down and gave Soojung a hug.

Soojung was about to cry but Mrs Oh told her not to least she ruin the makeup, "This is for you. It's nothing much but I hope you'll accept it."

She passed a jewellery box to Soojung and opened it up for her revealing a beautiful necklace.

"Can I wear?" Soojung asked. Mrs Oh smiled and placed the necklace around Soojung's neck. She smiled proudly but at the same time she felt sad that Soojung was marrying someone else and not her son. Mrs Oh dug into her bag once more and took out and envelope and another jewellery box, "These are from Sehun. He said to read it after the ceremony."

With shaky hands, Soojung took the gift, "Tell him I'm sorry."

Mrs Oh shook her head, "Sweetheart, if you love him, don't be sorry. I'm going to go now."

"Mrs Oh! Thank you," Soojung gave her another tight hug before Mrs Oh left the room.

Minutes later, noises were heard outside the door before it finally opened.

"Ouch! Stop pushing me! I'm in already!" Kris glared at the boys, "Hey beautiful!"

Soojung laughed at the boys. He scanned the group and her face fell when she noticed someone was missing from the group.

"Junggie!" Kai went forward and stretched his arms open for a hug, "You look gorgeous bestie!"

Soojung knocked Kai's head, "Thanks Jongin."

"Move it Kim Jongin," Luhan pushed the younger bog aside, "I know we started off on a wrong foot but I'm glad that we're okay now. Don't forget I'm the oppa who helped you with your maths!"

"Seriously hyung?" D.O commented.

Soojung chuckled, "Yeah, I'm glad that we're cool now oppa and I definitely won't forget about it!"

"See! Even she agrees!" Luhan stuck his tongue out and passed her a Rubik's Cube, "This will remind you of me!"

"What an idiot," Tao facepalmed himself, "Let's take a selca together!"

Everyone laughed at the sudden request. "God help me! I'm surrounded by idiots," D.O groaned. Soojung was more than happy to take one with Tao, "I'll send it to you too!"

Baekhyun and Suho handed a bouquet of flowers to Soojung, "You're still prettier than the flowers Soojung."

"Thank you oppas. They're lovely," Soojung took the bouquet and smell the flowers. Chanyeol stepped forward and smiled widely at Soojung, "I'm going to miss you! If Peniel bullies you, call me. I'll fly over and kick his for you!"

"More like you'll get your kick instead," Xiu Min commented, "Don't listen to him. I'm sure Peniel will look after you. If you were to come back, call me, so that we can go out for dinner together!" Soojung nods her head and hugged the two boys. Kris was up next but he didn't say much since he was too shy, "I'll just text you instead." Soojung laughed at Kris but still nods her head.

Chen was after Kris and he congratulated Soojung, "I'm going to sing for you later so wait for it okay?" Soojung nods her head and smiled. D.O was the last one. Out of all of the older boys, Soojung have known D.O the longest and is definitely closer to him.

"My baby sister is getting married," D.O said as he fake a tear.

"Kyungsoo oppa," Soojung grew emotional.

"I'm going to miss you. Call me whenever you can okay? I'll try to visit you too," says D.O. Soojung stood up and gave D.O a tight hug, "I'll miss your cooking. Promise me you'll cook for me if I come back."

Lay was the last to step forward. He shyly stood in front of Soojung and rubbed his temple, smiling to himself as he showed off his dimple, “You’re too pretty today and now I can’t even talk to you properly.”

“Hyung! She’s like your sister! How can you feel that way?” Kai teased Lay and he blushed even harder.

Soojung giggled at the sight in front of her. Lay is definitely the sweetest out of all of them, “I’m still Soojung oppa. If you’re going to act this way, then I won’t talk to you.”

“Okay! I’ll talk!” Lay quickly said something before Soojung ignores him, “Live well over there. If you miss us, just Skype and we can talk. Don’t go out alone. Bring Peniel along alright? I’ll miss you and congrats!”

The gang took  a photo with Soojung before they left, but somehow it feels like something was missing. More like someone.

"Can't I at least have some alone time with her? She's my best friend you know?" Kai pouted.

The older boys laughed before they left the two friends alone.

Kai took a good look at Soojung and sighed, "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too Jongin," Soojung said as she stared at the floor. She didn't want to look up least she started crying.

Kai cupped her cheeks and looked into her eyes, "I'll keep an eye on him for you."

Soojung couldn't hold it in anymore and started crying.

"Don't cry, you'll look ugly," Kai joked earning him another punch, "I'll email you every day so don't forget to write back alright?"

Soojung nods her head and wiped her tears, "Promise me you'll look after Hana and that you'll never hurt her or else I'll hunt you down!"

Kai laughed and pinky promised, "I'll call the makeup artist in to face your face."

Once Kai left, Soojung's phone vibrated. It was a text message from Kris.

Hey Krys! So yeah...congratulations on this thing. Don't worry too much about our maknae. He's alive. Take care of yourself when you're in the states and call us often if you can. I'll miss you. -Kris

Soojung cried a bit. She wiped it away when she noticed someone entering.

"Appa," Soojung choked. It was the first time she called him that.

"My precious daughter is getting married but why do I still feel guilty?" He laughed sarcastically, "I'm sorry if I wasn't a good father to you. But I just want to let you know that I love you no matter what."

"If you weren't a good father, I wouldn't have turned out this way. Thank you for all the things you've done for us. I love you Appa," Soojung hugged her Dad tightly. The makeup artist came in abruptly, announcing that the ceremony was about to start. She fixed Soojung's makeup for one last time before handing her over to Mr Jung.

--

Peniel waited for Soojung's arrival nervously. The door opened and the choir started singing. Kai, D.O, Luhan and L.Joe walked in as best men and, Hana and Sooyeon walked in with them as bridesmaid. Soojung followed suit with her father accompanying her down the aisle. Tears form in her eyes as she looked forward only to see Peniel standing there waiting for her. "This is it. I'm going to be Mrs Shin, not Mrs Oh," she thought.

Mr Jung handed her over to Peniel before making his way beside Yunho.

"And you may kiss the bride," Peniel swallowed hard. The boys were giving in the death glare and he didn't dare kiss her on the lips. Instead, Peniel kissed Soojung at the spot right beside her lips. As if on cue, Xiu Min, Luhan, Suho, Baekhyun, Chen and D.O sang for the bride and groom.

The wedding reception was finally over and the bride and groom were getting ready to head off to the airport. Soojung hugged her sister and friends before entering the car. Her mum came over and whispered to her before closing the door for her, "You did well."