CHAPTER 20

High School Zero

 

Luhan, Lay and Kyungsoo were waiting for the four to arrive as they sat inside the Ice Cream parlour. After what seems like 20 minutes, the four finally reached.

"What took you so long?" Lay complained.

"We had a short assembly after the paper," Soojung replied. Sehun and Luhan were queuing up to get the ice creams while the rest remained seated.

Lay felt a slight tension in the air and he was beginning to feel awkward. He wanted to ask what was wrong but he didn't know who to ask and so the Chinese boy sat quietly in his sit as he played with his phone.

"Seriously what is wrong with the both of you?" Kyungsoo asked as he looked at Hana and Kai.

Soojung and Lay shifted around in the seat as they glanced at the two who haven't spoken a word to each other since they left school.

"Kim Jongin, explain," Kyungsoo demanded but Kai remained silent.

After explaining the whole thing situation, Lay eyed Jongin and rolled his eyes before giving the boy a good beating.

"Yi Xing hyung!" Jongin rubbed the sore area as he pouted at the older boy.

"Don't you Yi Xing hyung me Kim Jongin! Its wasn't Hana's fault in the first place so why are you giving her the cold shoulders?" Lay reprimanded him.

"If there's anyone to be blamed, it should be that annoying cousin of yours," Luhan added in.

"No hard feelings bro but Areum is really going overboard. If my cousin is that annoying, I would've sent her off to another planet if I could," Kyungsoo said.

Jongin couldn't say or do anything to defend Areum because he knows that she was at fault. He sighed before looking at Hana, "Hana ya, I'm sorry."

Hana shut her eyes for a moment before nodding her head, accepting his apology.

"Act like this one more time and I'll hand her over to Chanyeol whether you like it or not!" Lay warned him.

"Don't you dare hyung!" Jongin held on to Hana's hands.

"Try me," the older boy replied back.

The group went to watch a movie and after 2 hours, they stepped out of the cinema and walked aimlessly around the mall.

"Krystal!" Soojung turned around at the mention of her name and she spotted her two friends, L.Joe and Peniel, walking towards their direction.

"What are you guys doing here?" Soojung asked.

"Shopping. We needed a new pair of shoes," L.Joe replied as he held up his shopping bags.

"Soojung ah, we'll catch up later. It seems like your friends are waiting for you," Peniel looked over Soojung's shoulders and saw that four guys were boring a hole through them.

Soojung turned around and the four looked away immediately. She apologized for their childish behaviour and walked away.

"Seriously guys?" She rolled her eyes.

The four acted like they did nothing wrong and they continued walking. Lay suddenly felt thirsty in the middle of their window shopping and saw they went to the food court to get some drinks.

The girls went to look for a table while the boys buy their drinks. The two took a couple of selcas while waiting. Soojung's eyes roamed around the food court before it landed on someone familiar.

*Nah, it isn't possible.* she thought.

"Hey, I think I saw that Miyeon woman just now," Jongin told Soojung as he took a seat beside Hana, "there she is! What is she doing with another guy?"

Soojung turned around and true to what Jongin said, she was with another man. As a matter of fact, with that same man she saw earlier.

"Let's go," Soojung stood up. "Where are you going?" Sehun asked, "You can't walk up to her like that."

"Why not? She's going to be my stepmother so the least I should do is ask her what she's doing here with another man," Without wasting time, Soojung walked up to Miyeon with the rest walking closely behind her.

"Miyeon," Soojung said.

"Jung Soojung!" Miyeon exclaimed.

"Soojung?!" The man looked up and looked at Soojung with a shock expression.

"Do you know my girlfriend?" Sehun asked politely.

"Oppa!" Soojung pointed at the man in front of her.

"Oppa?!" The rest of the exclaimed.

Seconds later, L.Joe and Peniel walked towards them and they too sounded shocked, "Yunho hyung! What's going on?"

“Hyung? Wait you guys know each other?” Luhan asked, confused by the current situation.

Peniel looked up and saw Soojung's expression, "Soojung, we can explain."