CHAPTER 1

High School Zero

Soojung's POV

"Krystal! Wake up! You’re late for school!”  that’s my sister, Jung Sooyeon but she prefers to be called as Jessica. Krystal? Who’s that? That’s me, Jung Soojung. My friends and teachers in California used to call me Krystal. But now, I’m known as Jung Soojung, the high school zero.

My dad is Jung Sunho and everyone will get excited at the mention of his name. You see, my dad’s a millionaire. He’s rich and famous but I’m not. He provides us a place to live in and foods to live on. He gives us daily allowances like any normal parents. Unlike other business men, my dad expects us to earn our own money. Hence the reason why I’m working at a bakery shop. It is also one of the reasons why I’m late for school.

Oh god I’m late for school! I rushed into the toilet, took a quick shower, straightened my hair and ran down to the dining room for breakfast.

 “Did you sleep late again?” my sister asked as she examines my face, concerned about the dark circles under my eyes.

“I had to close the bakery last night with Jongin since we came late,” I replied while stuffing a slice of sandwich into my mouth.

My dad shook his head in disapproval, “You’ve only started work two months ago and you’re already tardy? This behaviour is unacceptable!”

“B-but,” I tried to defend myself but my sister beats me to it. “She’s only a high school student. I’m pretty sure the reason why they were late was because she got held up with school stuffs.”

I nodded my head in agreement. It was partly true. Jongin and I were caught talking to each other in class so the teacher sent us for detention. To make it worse, Oh Sehun, who was caught sleeping beside me, came late for the detention and all three of us were held behind.

“I need to go now,” I felt the sudden need to leave the house earlier for school to avoid any more lectures for my dad, “Jongin is waiting for me outside the gate.” I bowed to my dad, gave Sooyeon unnie a hug, before putting on my big nerdy glasses.

Jongin or Kai, as everyone in school calls him, is my only friend and the only one who knows my true identity. His dad and mine are friends and partners. Just like me, he comes from a well-to-do family. Jongin and I first met each other when I followed my dad to a dinner party. He was very awkward at first but soon loosen up after a while.

“Soojung, when will you take off those glasses? You have a pretty face! Show it to the world or maybe to Sehun? I’m sure he’ll like what he sees,” Jongin teased me.  I smacked his arms as he ruffled my hair. As usual, the two of us walked to class together. Everyone was staring at us as per usual. Actually there were staring at their Kai. Nobody cares about me, I think…

Sehun's POV

Why can’t I just be home-schooled? Do you how tiring it is to wake up early just to attend lessons? To make it worse, I have a hoard of girls chasing after me every single day! When will you girls ever realised that I have no interest in any of you? Isn’t Kai enough?

“KYAA!” There it goes again. I’m guessing Kai has just reached school. I craned my neck to search for her but she was nowhere in sight. Damn it! These girls are getting on my nerves. I slammed my locker shut and made my way to class.

As I stepped into the class, I scanned around to see if she was there and lucky for me, she has yet to arrive. I walked to the back of the classroom where my seat was and settled down. I fished out my phone from my bag and texted Kai.

Dude where are you? I need you here to distract all those girls. – Sehun

I’m coming! Your girl just tripped and she’s slightly limping. But don’t worry! I’ll bring her to class safely :P – Kai

How is she? Is she okay? -Sehun

Typical Kai didn’t reply my text message. She’s injured?  The moment I locked my phone, Kai walked into the class with his arms wrapped around Soojung’s waist. Kim Jongin! Where do you think you’re putting those arms around? I swear I saw a smirk on that boy’s face! Rub it off Kim Jongin!

Yes I like Soojung. And no, she has no clue about it. I tried asking Kai if Soojung has talked about me before but he wouldn’t spill anything! So much for being my childhood friend. I saw how swollen Soojung’s right leg is. I wanted to ask her but before I could even do that, she gave me one of her signature angelic smile which successfully blew me away. Did I mention how cute she looks like with that over-sized spectacle of hers? Before I could drool myself, the last bell rang and our Math teacher steps into the classroom.

 


First chapter is up! Is it okay? Do comment and subcribe! ^^