Chapter 9

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 09 - 


The three boys rushed their way to Cafe Monte straight after class.

At the entrance, they were welcomed by a crowd. "Woah, since when Monte became THIS popular?" Chanyeol commented with a huge grin. The trio squeezed their way through the crowd and looked around in the cafe for Taeyeon.

Very soon, a smile appeared on Sehun's face.

"Looks like it's our new waitress who has attracted the crowd." he said. Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned to where Sehun is looking. Taeyeon is serving at the counter. The three boys watched her from a corner. Somehow Taeyeon looks different today. She is not wearing her usual clothings - the revealing shorts and singlets. She is wearing a plain uniform which the cafe has provided. Her hair all tied back into a ponytail. She looks exactly like any university student in Dongdaemun, except that she is much prettier.

Baekhyun tapped on his friends' shoulders. "Guys, stop looking and start queuing up." He signalled them to the back of the queue. "Hey, she looks cute today." Chanyeol whispered to Sehun as they walked to the queue. Sehun nodded in agreement with a huge satisfied smile. "Damn you Baekkie. You are one fortunate man to share a kiss with her. She is a gem." Chanyeol teased the shorter man walking beside them.

Sehun heard and punched hard onto Chanyeol's stomach. "Didn't I make myself clear? No one is allow to bring that up again!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smiled. "You deserve that punch, Chanyeol!"


The boys finally gets to the front of the queue for their orders.

"Helo Taeyeon, you look good today! I like your hair!" Chanyeol greeted with his wide grin. Taeyeon forced a smile at his comment, while Sehun stared at his friend for hijacking his first greeting to Taeyeon. Noticed Sehun is staring at him, Chanyeol stepped back so Sehun can have the full attention from Taeyeon. 

"Hey, so how's first day at work?" Sehun asked. Taeyeon sighed softly and frowned at the crowd. "Well, you are the reason for the crowd. Why can't they get more people to help you at counter? Do you need me to talk to the manager? I'm sure he can do something about this..." Before Sehun can finish, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

It was Baekhyun.

"Enough chatting. Why not just place our orders? The queue is building up if you haven't notice." Baekhyun pointed his finger at the long queue behind them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys finally got their drinks and found a good spot in the cafe. 

"Are we going to sit here and wait until she knock off?" Chanyeol asked. "Well, I have the whole afternoon to myself. You can go first if you have something on." Sehun replied with a smirk.

"Why don't you just ask her out? Instead of waiting here." Chanyeol suggested. Sehun pouted and thought for awhile. "Wait, are you even considering about that?" Baekhyun raised his brows. "She is not like any other girls from our school. She might just kick your before you even ask her out." Baekhyun added with a little grin.

"Baek hyung, don't belittle our friend here. Remember the first time we intro ourselves? Taeyeon only looked at Sehun. She didn't even give a damn to both of us. Just him. Sehun, I think she likes you already." Chanyeol's comment instantly brings a little blush onto Sehun's face.

Baekhyun somewhat acknowledged Chanyeol's statements. He is right. Taeyeon seems especially interested in Sehun. During their first introduction, Taeyeon only responded to Sehun. Same thing when they were talking at the counter just now, she basically just looked at Sehun. What is wrong with this girl? She was all tough and hostile when they first met her. Her Mid-town traits were so prominent.. but now, a job in Dongdaemun? And why a sudden switch of attitude towards them, or rather towards Sehun only? No doubt Sehun is one good-looking dude, but does she just fall for him like this? 


Taeyeon was done with her counter work and it was her turn to clear the tables. She walked over to the boys. "You guys are really free huh. You have been sitting here since 2 hours ago. Don't you have something else to do?" The three boys looked at each other and shook their head.

"So you noticed. That means you have been noticing us for the past 2 hours?" Sehun asked with a smirk. "Of course. You guys has been occupying the seats which my other customers could have use them." Taeyeon shrugged. "Opps. I think I got the hint. Taeyeon is asking us to leave." Chanyeol joked.

Before their conversation could continue, they were interrupted by a little commotion in the cafe. The four of them looked to where the commotion came from, but it was blocked by the moving crowd. Around them, there were some whispering. Customers who were seated, some stood up and left the cafe.


"What's wrong? Why is everyone leaving?" Sehun asked curiously. Baekhyun shrugged. Chanyeol and Sehun stood up and looked over the moving crowd. Soon, they noticed a prominent figure.

"Wow, look at that guy." Sehun let out unknowingly. "This one looks much more bad- than whoever we met in Mid-town." Sehun said. The rest heard Sehun and turned to where he is looking. "What the hell...!" Chanyeol let out softly when he saw the man. Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol. "You know him?" he asked. "You mean you guys don't know him?" Chanyeol gave a surprised look on his face. Sehun and Baekhyun shook their head. 

Chanyeol turned to Taeyeon. "I'm sure you do, Taeyeon. Since you are from Mid-town too." However, Taeyeon was not responding to Chanyeols question. Her eyes were glued to the tattooed man in the cafe. "You mean this man is from Mid-town?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun turned his eyes to Taeyeon who hasn't answer Chanyeol's question. He saw her watching the tattooed man. "So you know him." Baekhyun asked again. Taeyeon finally took her eyes off and turned around.

"No. I don't." she said.

Sehun heard Taeyeon and added, "C'mon, she doesn't have to know everyone from Mid-town right? Besides, this man look dangerous. It's better to keep away from him." Chanyeol nodded and swallowed abit. "He doesn't just look dangerous. He IS dangerous. A total bad news he is." Chanyeol emphasized. 

"But who is he? He seems to be looking for someone or something here." Baekhyun observed and commented. Chanyeol took his bag and preparing to leave. "Guys, I think we better go. We don't want more troubles with people from Mid-town. Err.. sorry, I'm not judging but just that.."

"Chanyeol is right. You guys stayed long enough and it's time to leave." Taeyeon said before she turned to look at that man again. This time their eyes met. He is looking at their direction now. Taeyeon quickly withdrew from those stares and looked at the three boys who are preparing to leave.

"So we'll see you around!" Sehun bid his goodbye before making his way out, following Chanyeol.

Leaving behind just Baekhyun who was making his move really slow. Taeyeon felt something in her hands. She looked at Baekhyun who was walking past her. He stuffed something into her hands. Taeyeon grabbed it and discreetly put into her pocket..
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~