Chapter 5

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 05 -
 


"Omg, look at your face. Does it hurt?" Krystal gently touched Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun groaned and moved his head away from her hands. "You should look at your brother's." Chanyeol suggested and turned his head to Sehun, who is busy looking into the mirror. "I wonder if the medication work. Do you think these will heal within a day or two? I'm not leaving home looking like this." Sehun pouted.

"So what really happened? How did you guys ended up like this?" Krystal questioned. The three looked at one and other, waiting for someone to answer the question. Chanyeol gestured Sehun to do it.  

"We went Mid-town and.."


"What? Mid-town! Are you guys crazy? We are not supposed to go there!" Krystal exclaimed. "Not supposed to?" Baekhyun asked. "Those Mid-towners are gangsters for goodness sake! And you certainly do not want to be seen there with those people. It's..it's disgraceful!" Krystal folded her arms with anger.

"Why are you so worked out? We were just curious and so we hang around there for awhile." Sehun replied. "And look what you got yourself into!" Krystal exclaimed. "We were trying to save a girl so....." Sehun explained.

"What girl? Krystal asked.

"Her name is Taeyeon." Sehun smiled. "She was in trouble so we were trying to help." he continued. "I don't get it. You were trying to save some random girl in Mid-town and ended beaten up?" Krystal questioned. "She is not any random girl. Erm.. actually you met her before." Sehun said.

"Did I?" Krystal frowned and asked. "She was the girl whom you have trouble with that day at school." Baekhyun answered. 


Krystal blood boiled. "What! That girl! She got me embarassed in the front of all my schoolmates and so she is a Mid-towner! You guys should just stay away from her. Why do you even want to save or have anything to do with her!"

"C'mon, not all Mid-towners are bad. Look, we were outnumbered when we fought. Taeyeon actually saved our butts out. She is a good person." Sehun defended.


That reminded Baekhyun. 

Taeyeon hurt her head while saving them. Sehun and himself only suffered bruises but she was bleeding.

"I wonder how she's doing?" Baekhyun thought.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

One more day before Taeyeon's curfew is over.

But Taeyeon is feeling bored and she decided not to wait any longer. She left home while G-D is away.
 

As she crosses one of the avenues, she sensed someone is following her. It could be one of the Beasts coming back for revenge. Taeyeon knew she has to shake that person off.  She made rounds to confuse the stalker. Taeyeon came to a corner and grabbed a disposed baseball bat in her hands.


As the stalker appeared, she attempted to hit him with the bat. But Taeyeon stopped when she saw his face. "You?? What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked.

Baekhyun instinctively raised his arms to protect himself from the attempted attack, "Hey, that was close!"

"You deserved it for stalking!" Taeyeon exclaimed. She threw the bat onto the ground and walked away. Baekhyun followed.


"Why are you following me? Go away!" Taeyeon frowned. "I came to look for you." Baekhyun explained. "What for?" Taeyeon asked. She looked around Baekhyun. "And where is your friend?" she asked. "There is no one else. I'm alone today." Baekhyun shrugged.

"To re-visit Mid-town even after what happened. And alone this time. You have the guts huh." Taeyeon sacastically commented. "I see nothing wrong hanging around here. I know what happened that day was purely.. 'situational'. " Baekhyun claimed. "Whatever it is, just stop following me." Taeyeon halted her steps and stared at him.

 

Baekhyun took the chance to lift up her bangs. 

"What are you doing?" Taeyeon hit his hands off.  "To see if your wound is healing well. You were bleeding that day. If not handled well, it will leave a scar on your face." Baekhyun explained.  

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. As she did that, she noticed a few boys walking towards them. "! The Beasts!" Taeyeon sensed bad as those boys are approaching nearer. Taeyeon knew she couldn't let those boys see her and the young man. This time, they might not get away like how they did it the other day.

Baekhyun noticed Taeyeon's attention was shifted. He turned to where Taeyeon was looking, but he was stopped by her. 

"Don't look." Taeyeon grabbed his head. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked. But Taeyeon didn't answer. Those boys are near, and she needs to think of a way to avoid them. Taeyeon quickly pulled her hoodie over her head and pushed Baekhyun against the wall. "Ouch what?!" Baekhyun groaned in pain when his back hit onto the wall. "Shhhh.." Taeyeon covered his mouth. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he could hardly breathe with her hands covering his nostrils. Baekhyun struggled, but in vain.

Taeyeon stared at the approaching figures with the edge of her eyes. 

Baekhyun's eyes followed. Now he can see the boys. He remembers them. They exchanged blews the other day. Knowing Taeyeon did that to avoid those dangerous people, Baekhyun stop defying.


As they walked nearer, Taeyeon buried her head closer to Baekhyun so their faces can't be seen. She leaned towards him and acted like they were just a random couple making out on the street. Never did she expected that one of the Beast member actually stood by and watched them. Taeyeon stared at the helpless man infront of her, whose eyes widened throughout the ordeal. She released her hands on Baekhyun's mouth. But before Baekhyun has a chance to catch a single breath, Taeyeon's lips took over. 

Taeyeon strapped her arms around Baekhyun's neck and pressed her lips onto his. The helpless man instantly turned stiff. The kiss went on for at least a minute, until the Beast member decided to leave the couple alone to join s. Only then, Taeyeon released her lips and grip on Baekhyun. Without paying any attention to the man she just kissed, Taeyeon walked up to make sure all Beast members have left.


"W..what was that?" Taeyeon heard a voice calling from behind. She turned around and found a shocked face with hands touching his own lips. "Did we just..." Baekhyun asked. "Don't even think about what happened. It was to save our life, Moron." Taeyeon spoke indifferently as if nothing happened. She's still on guard to make sure non of the Beasts turned back and found them.

"Hear this from me. You don't belong here. Just leave and don't ever come back. You are unsafe here." Taeyeon warned sternly. "What about you? If I'm unsafe, you are unsafe too. What if those people come back for you?" Baekhyun asked. Taeyeon frowned at those words, "Stop being a bothersome. Just leave!"


Just then, they were interrupted by fights and noises came from two streets away. 

Both of them peeped from their corner and saw the Beasts running away from another group of boys. Those boys were quick and strong. They looked fierce and each of them came with a rod in their hands. Very soon, they got the Beasts. Bashes, hits, growls and blood.... One by one, the Beasts fell onto the ground.

Baekhyun couldn't believe his eyes. Those strong boys shows no mercy when they laid their hands on the Beasts. He thought the Beasts were bad, but those strong boys were more than just bad... they are ruthless. He realized Taeyeon was right. This place is far more dangerous than what he thought. 

Taeyeon's brows furrowed when she saw the Beasts beaten down one by one. She knew who those strong boys are. Each of them carried a tattoo which symbolized the gang she is familiar with. G-Dragon sent those boys. He was taking revenge on the Beasts for hurting her.


Baekhyun took Taeyeon's hands. 

"You are coming with me. This place is too dangerous!" Baekhyun pulled Taeyeon along as he walked. But Taeyeon shook her hands off from him. "I'm not going anywhere with you! Why? Feeling scared now?" she questioned.

Baekhyun halted.

He was surprised by how cold Taeyeon reacted to what just happened before their eyes. "What have this girl gone through for her to react so calmly to such bloody and cruel scene.." Baekhyun thought.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~