Chapter 13

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 13 - 

The morning light shines on Sehun's face. He opened his eyes slowly, expecting to see Taeyeon by his side. But she wasn't there. Rubbing his eyes, Sehun browsed around his room for Taeyeon. Probably she has returned to her room in the middle of the night. Sehun stretched his aching body and stood up from where he sat the whole night. Getting up on his feet, he felt his vibrating phone in his pocket. 

Sehun took it out and saw Chanyeol's name blinking on the display.
 

"You finally picked up! Where are you now?" Sehun heard Chanyeols shouting in the phone. "I'm still at home. I just woke up." Sehun ran his fingers through his hair while searching for the time. "It's 10, dude! I called you many times. Why didn't you pick up my phone?"

"What?!" Sehun reached for the alarm clock. "Damn! The alarm clock was not set!" And it's 10:10am to be exact. He is supposed to attend his morning classes at 9am. "Dammit~!" Sehun hung up even before Chanyeol's reply. Running around the room, he pack his bag while taking off his clothes to change into new ones. He gave himself a last look into the mirror and he is ready to go. Exiting from his room, he realized he still has a guest.


Sehun turned back and walked towards Taeyeon's doorstep.

"Taeyeon, Taeyeon~"

He knocked on the door. There was no reply. He turned the knob and opened the door. The room looks empty. The bed was neat. "Taeyeon, are you in?" Sehun called but there was no answer. He checked his watch again .", 10:30!" Sehun quickly made his way down to the first floor while browsing around for Taeyeon. But the living room is empty. The kitchen is empty too.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here~"

Chanyeol waved to Sehun at the school cafeteria. Sehun walked over and joined his two friends.

"It's already 11. You should just report sick and stay at home." Baekhyun greeted him. "I wish I could. But I have a report review session in the afternoon." Sehun answered as he yawned. "You looked tired. Need some coffee?" Baekhyun offered him his drink. Sehun shook his head. "It's okay. I didn't sleep well. Just that."

Chanyeol watched Sehun in silence.

"Why are you staring at me like this?" Sehun asked. Chanyeol leaned forward, "Out with it. Did you do it last night?" Sehun frowned, "Do what?" "Cut the act! Look at your eye bags, and look at the time now. What else can it be?" Chanyeol questioned. Sehun scoffed and turned his eyes to Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked back with a judging face. Sehun rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Please... I swear I didn't touch her."

"So nothing happened?" Chanyeol doubted. Sehun nods, "I mean.... we stayed together in my room, but nothing happened." "YOUR room??" Baekhyun snapped. "And nothing happened?? Who are you kidding?" Chanyeol added. "We just talk." Sehun said.

Chanyeol burst into laughter while hitting Baekhyun's shoulder. "You believe him??" Chanyeol couldn't help but laughed hysterically. "Believe it or not. I'm just gonna say once. She couldn't sleep so we chatted in my room last night. As we chat, we got tired and felt asleep. So NO, nothing happened." Sehun explained.

"Seriously?" Chanyeol asked. Ignoring Chanyeol, Sehun looked over to Baekhyun."Did Taeyeon contact you this morning?" He asked. "Me? Nope. Why?" Baekhyun said. "She was gone when I woke up. I wonder if she has decided to go home.."


"Oppa~!" A sweet voice accompanying a beautiful tall figure appeared in front of the boys. "Oppa~" Krystal sat down and left a quick peck on Baekhyun's lips. "What are you talking about? You guys seems excited."  "Erm nothing." Sehun replied his sister. "Oppa, don't lie. I can see right through you." Krystal circled her arms over Baekhyun's. "Dear, you tell me." Baekhyun unwind her arms and shook his head. "Nothing. We were just talking about schoolwork." Krystal frowned and pouted. "What's with you all recently? Seems like you are keeping things from me."

"Sehun.." Chanyeol suddenly pat on the table in front of Sehun. "Look!" he pointed across the cafeteria. Sehun spinned his body around. "Taeyeon??" The rest looked over to the same direction. "What is that girl doing here?" Krystal pulled Baekhyun's arm. 


Sehun stood up and caught Taeyeon's attention. She walked over to them. "Morning guys." Taeyeon smiled and noticed Krystal is around too. Her arms clinching tightly onto Baekhyun's. Taeyeon gave the couple a brief glare and turned her eyes back to Sehun. "Hi, I'm sorry for leaving this morning without telling you. You were sleeping soundly so I didn't want to disturb."

Krystal stood up. "Oppa, what is she talking about?" 

"Errh she...." Sehun tougue-tied. "Krystal, right? Thanks for your sleepwear last night" Taeyeon passed a paper bag to her. Krystal grabbed it, opened and found her pink sleepwear in it. "Why is this with you? What the hell is going on here?" Krystal snapped. "Krystal, stop kicking a fuss here. Be nice. Taeyeon is our friend." Sehun instructed.

"Friend.. since when you guys befriend her? Didn't I told you to stay away from Mid-Towners!" Krystal screamed at the three boys. Her loud voice attracted people around the cafeteria to look at them. Sehun placed his index finger on his lips to gesture Krystal to shut up. "Come with me. I'll explain to you." Baekhyun pulled her wrist and walked the agitated girl out of the cafeteria.

"Your sister doesn't like me alot huh." Taeyeon asked as they eyed Baekhyun and Krystal walking out from the cafeteria. "Just ignore her." Sehun replied with a smile. Chanyeol adds in, "Yah, leave her to Baekhyun. She only listens to him". "So how did you find us here?" Sehun asked as he invites Taeyeon to sit down.

"Seems like everyone in school knows Oh Sehun. I'll just have to ask."

Sehun nodded with a bit of embarassment written on his face. He knew he is popular in school, but knowing Taeyeon realises that makes him blushes abit. "So you came here to....?" Sehun asked. "Return you the clothes and to say thank-you." Taeyeon flashes a grin on her flawless face.

"So Taeyeon, have you made up with your brother already?" Chanyeol jumped right into the topic. The grin on her face diminished slowly. "Erm, you are still not talking to your brother?" Sehun asked. Taeyeon shook her head. "No, we talked. Everything is fine now."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

- Flashback -

5 a.m in the morning. Taeyeon woke up realising her head was on Sehun's shoulders the whole time. She observed the calm sleeping face beside her. Indeed, Oh Sehun is a good-looking boy. Perfect features and milky skin. It's surprising this fine young man is more innocent than what she have thought of him.

Taeyeon slipped her hands into her pocket and took out her cellphone.

She turned it on.

The cellphone booted up bringing in multiple beeps. 

15 missed calls. 26 text messages. All from Jiyong oppa.

Taeyeon signed. She got herself up onto her feet softly to make sure she didn't wake Sehun.


Taeyeon took the morning train to enter Mid-town. On the train, she opened all the unread texts.

7:13pm: "I want you to return my call right away!!"

8:25pm: "Call me now!"

9:12pm: "Where the fuq did you go? I want you to come back right now!"

10:23pm: "I called you numerous times. You cellphone is off. Call me once you see this message."

11:15pm: "Where are you now? I'm in Mid-Town avenue 3. Are you nearby?"

12:10am: "It's past mid-night. I combed through the entire Mid-Town. Where the hell are you now?"

1:35am: "Taeyeon. Reply me."

2:10am: "Where were you the whole night?" 

3:26am: "Taeyeon, I'm sorry for hitting you. But I really hope you understand what I'm going through."

4:30am: "Taeyeon, I know it's my fault to hide things from you when you trusted me. I'm sorry. Just come home and I promise I'll tell you everything..."

Taeyeon stepped into her house. It was early morning. Dim light passes through the window and she saw a drained man lying on the couch. Taeyeon walked towards him. His eyes were opened.

"Oppa"

Taeyeon called. She can hear his heavy breathing. He looked tired. His eyes were staring at her now. Taeyeon prepared herself for the reprimands. G-Dragon lifted his body up and sit back on the couch.

"Tell me what you want to know."

Taeyeon was surprised to hear that. G-Dragon didn't mention a word on how she stayed out the whole night, how she made him worried and how she made him combed the entire Mid-Town. He just asked her that.

Taeyeon sat down next to him. "I'm sorry, Oppa."

G-Dragon lifts his back up from the couch and rest his elbow on his knees. "Tell me what you want to know and I'll tell you everything."

Taeyeon bit her bottom lips before she decided to explain the whole story.

"Oh Sehun. I first met him when I was roaming around Dongdaemun. We met again when he and his friend attempted to rescue me from the Beasts. I swear I didn't know him that time. But after I know you are checking on him and you didn't want to tell me anything, I decided to check on him my own. So I went near him. And we became friends, just friends. But I don't understand. As far as I know, he seems harmless. Oppa, what has Oh Sehun gotta do with your family.... and your plan?"

G-Dragon sighed heavily.

"Not him, but his father. My family used to be partners with Master Oh and Byun's family. 18 years ago, when Master Oh was investigated for unlawful business dealing, he offered my father a sum of money to take the blame for him. My father refused. But Master Oh used my mother's and my life to threaten him. My father has no choice but to be the scapegoat. He was put into jail then. For a while, my mother and I lived with the Oh's family. On the surface, Master Oh was taking care of us as what he promised my father. But the truth is, he treated us like dirt. My father's businesses were consumed by him and the Byun's shortly after his imprisonment. My mother was devastated and went into depression. Not long after that, she commited suicide. My father blamed himself for her death and hanged himself in jail. I was only 5 that time. Since then, I was threw out of the Oh's family and roamed on the streets."

Taeyeon saw tears flowing down G-Dragon's face. 

She wiped them with her hands and held him into her arms.
 

"Oppa, I'm sorry.... I...." Taeyeon cried.

"I hated the Oh's family. I want them to know what is it like to be ruined like my family. So I waited. I waited for one day when I can make them taste their own medicine. And I knew this day has come...."

Taeyeon released G-Dragon from her embrace. "So... what do you intend to do?"

"I have plans. I want to gather all his unlaw evidences. I want to prove my father's innocence and put that old sly fox into jail. And I want him to know how it feels to have a wreck family..."
 

"Oppa. Let me help you..."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~