Chapter 36

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 36 - 
 

"Yoboseyo, where are you? We are supposed to meet at 12pm for lunch. It's almost 1pm dude!" Chanyeol speaked into the phone. "Do you know how difficult it is to make a lunch appointment with you two, Mr CEO!" Chanyeol laughed. Just when he was about to hang up the phone, a pair of arms wrapped over his neck. 

"Mianhae, I was caught in a meeting." Sehun explained as he loosened his necktie. Chanyeol looked around him. "Why are you alone? Where's Baekhyun?" Sehun simply shrugged. "He's skipping lunch again?" Chanyeol asked. Sehun nodded and sighed. "You know him. Work always come first." 

Both Sehun and Chanyeol grabbed a seat at a familiar spot in Cafe Monte. "What's new on the menu?" Sehun asked. Chanyeol browsed the menu and ends up recommends nothing. Sehun gave him a glare. "Hey, aren't you the boss of Cafe Monte? Is it that difficult to recommend something?" 

"Well, everything is nice here so it's tough to pick..."  Sehun hit Chanyeol's head with the menu to shut him off. And both of them ends up in laughter.


Everything seems to be the same. Sehun and Chanyeol are still the bubbly duo even though it has been 5 years. Young, but successful at the age of 25, Chanyeol is the new owner of Cafe Monte for 2 years. It has always been Chanyeol's dream to have a little cafe of his own. It was coincidental that the previous owner of Cafe Monte decided to wrap up business when Chanyeol just got graduated. After a short consideration, he decided to pursue his dream and at the same time, preserve the fond memories of Monte.

Sehun, the successor of Oh's Corporation. For the past 2 years, Sehun has taken over his father's position and manage to garner support from senior executives to run Oh's successfully and legally. Of course, not possible without the help of his best right hand man aka the CFO of Oh's Coporation, none other than the son-in-law of the Oh's family, Byun Baekhyun.


Being a busy CEO as he is, Sehun flipped through newspapers as he ate his lunch. "Can't you just focus on the lunch and me?" Chanyeol tried to close the papers for him but it seemed like something on the papers got Sehun's attention.

"What date is it?" Sehun suddenly asked. "Erm,,,11 Mar." Chanyeol looked up and replied. 

Sehun brows knitted.

"Whatsup?" Chanyeol asked. Sehun looked back at him. "It's exactly 5 years." Sehun muttered. "Today is his release date.." Upon saying that, Sehun dropped his forks and made his way out from the cafe after saying a quick goodbye.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dragging his feet, Sehun left the prison in disappointment.


- Flashback  - 

"Sir, may I help you?"

"Hi, I would like to check on this person. He is supposed to be released today."


"Sir, we are sorry. The person you are checking, Mr. Kwon Jiyong was released a month ago due to good conduct."

"What?? A month ago..."

"Then do you know if anyone came to pick him up?"


"Sorry Sir, we can't help on that. There is no record showing who came to pick him up."

"Alright.. thank you."


- Flashback ends - 


Sehun has been waiting for this day. 

For the past 5 years, he has been searching for her. But there were no news at all. No matter how hard he tried, through friends, through connects, through network, through private investigators, there is still no news of Taeyeon. His only chance was to wait for this day to come. The release of G-dragon. Sehun thought she will appear today, but looks like he missed the date.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Welcome to Monte!"

It's another business day as usual. Chanyeol greeted the customers as they enters the cafe. Though he is the boss, Chanyeol is still very much involved in the ground works himself. As he looked up, a family friend greeted him. "Annyeong.." A lady dressed in a stylish dress with a designer bag walked towards him.

"Krystal?" Chanyeol asked. He looked at his watch and it shows 15 mins to lunch time. "Just on time.." he said. "Deh." Krystal replied. "Erm,,, it's really sweet of you to wait for him for lunch almost everyday." Chanyeol said as he continue his counter work. "If only Baekhyun could get away from his work once in awhile and spend time with you.." he shrugged. Krystal puts on a confident smile. "It's okay. A man should focus on his career." she said.

"Woah,,, is that how love can change a person?!" Chanyeol teased. "Who would expect those words to come out from you, the almightly and precious princess Krystal Oh??" Krystal sneered at Chanyeol's words and hit him on his arm with no mercy.


As the two continued the chat, a familiar figure behind Krystal caught Chanyeol's attention. It was a lady who stood outside of Monte. She has a shoulder length brunette hair,  very beautiful, and she looks familiar. But as soon as she caught Chanyeol watching her, she turned around and walked away.

Chanyeol is certain he knew the lady.

"Am I seeing things?"

"Or was it someone who looked like her?"


"Chanyeol??" Krystal interrupted. "What's wrong?" she asked. Chanyeol awakened from his thoughts. "Oh nothing. I thought I saw a friend... but I guess I made a mistake." Chanyeol said as he rubs his neck in doubt. Just then, a text message reached Chanyeol. 

"I'm not coming for lunch. Please pass the message. Thanks. - BH"
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Krystal left Monte in disappointment. She wished she could spend more time with Baekhyun, but he is always immersed in his work. Krystal already made a point to wait for him at his favorite Cafe everyday, but she still get very little chance to see him.

As Krystal walked, just a couple of streets away from Monte, she slowed down her pace. Something caught her attention.

A lady with shoulder length brunette hair.

The fair skin... that petite build and the pair of dove eyes which Krystal never forgets.


Krystal's brows gradually tightened together.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong, thank you all so much for the support. <3<3

Appreciate all the comments, upvotes and subscribes.

Please be patient and wait for the next updates....