Chapter 42

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 42 - 


Strolling on the green grass field, it has been days since the news of Taeyeon returning. Baekhyun and Sehun had combed through almost all the places they could think of, but still in vain.

This place, where Baekhyun stepped on right now is his last resort. Baekhyun knew Yoohyun had left the orphanage two years ago. He was in Pusan then, so he couldn't be around to send Yoohyun off. Yet another regret in his heart.


Baekhyun waited at the lounge.

"Mr Byun, you are looking for Ms Park?" A lady asked. Baekhyun stood up. "Deh, I have something urgent to talk to her." He said. "But I'm sorry Mr Byun. Ms Park has returned to her hometown this month. She won't be back until summer. Is there anything we can help?"  

Letting out a little disappointment on his face, "Deh, can you help to check if there is any visitor by the name of Kim Taeyeon came lately?" Baekhyun asked. The lady nodded and checked through the records. "I'm sorry, Mr Byun. There isn't. Do you know who she came here for?" The lady asked. Baekhyun paused awhile. "Yoohyun. But the girl left the orphanage two years ago." he said. "Then we are sorry, Mr Byun. We only keep records if the visitor came to visit a child here."

With disappointment, Baekhyun walked out from the lounge.

Perhaps Sehun is right. It's probably fated that they won't find her again. It has been almost a week. She could have left Seoul. And nobody knows where she has gone. Baekhyun walked on until he came to a familiar spot. It's still there. The picture Yoohyun drew is still hanging on the noticeboard.

"Excuse me, can I borrow this drawing for awhile?" Baekhyun asked. "Yoohyun drew this, I wish to take a closer look." He requested. The staff obliged and removed the drawing from the noticeboard. "Here you go." she said. Baekhyun took it.


Baekhyun sat down on a stone chair by the green grass field. He stared at the drawing as the old memories rushed into his mind. The cool breeze of Spring blew against his face and it smells the same as the last time he came. The breeze caught the picture and landed it onto the grass. 

Baekhyun stepped forward and picked it up.

The picture landed faced down, and to his surprise, there is a sketching at the back of it.

A sketching of a beautiful lake with trees around it. There are maple leaves lying on the ground by the lake. And at the corner, something is written on it.

144 Font Street WestTorontoCanada

Spring, 2018


"Who drew this?"  Baekhyun thought.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Taeyeon unnie..!"

A joyous voice called her from afar. Taeyeon turned around and welcome the bubbly girl. "I have something to show you!" the girl excitedly pulled out something from her bag. "Remember this?" she asked. Taeyeon looked and nodded with a smile.

"I still keep this with me." the girl said as she displayed an old coat to Taeyeon. "Though I can't wear it anymore, I still keep it." Taeyeon lifted her eyes and looked at the girl.

Taeyeon didn't expect Yoohyun to remember her for real. She took Yoohyun's address from Ms Park the last time she visited the orphanage, and she came to this foreign place without much thoughts. It has been a couple of days since she came. Everything in Canada is beautiful. All the flowers are fully bloomed and the entire streets are filled with colors. Taeyeon always thought her favourite season is Autumn, but the Spring in Canada changed her mind.


"I am really glad that you came." A mid-40s lady sat down beside Taeyeon. Both of them watched Yoohyun as she played with her huskie. "I had never seen Yoohyun so happy before.." the lady said. "Even though we lived together for two years, she never open up to me like she did when she is with you." she added. Taeyeon responded with a smile. Looking at Yoohyun, Taeyeon totally understand what she is going through. Like herself.. trust, faith and hope are things that were took away when she was abandoned by her own parents. All those needs time, and perhaps love to rebuild.


"Give her some time.." Taeyeon said. "Yoohyun is a sensible girl. I believe she will open up to you when she feel your love as time goes." Taeyeon added. Yoohyun's foster mother nodded with a satisfied smile. "I understand. I am looking forward for that day to come. But I guess I really owe this to you. If it wasn't you, I probably won't get to meet Yoohyun and have such a lovely daughter." The lady placed her hands onto Taeyeon's. "You are really kind. Thank you. Taeyeon-sshi."
 

Meanwhile, a cool breeze came.... and something landed on Taeyeon's feet.

"Unnie.. look what I found."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~