Chapter 27

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 27 -


- Oh's Corporation - 

Sehun reports to his father's company after school every day. To learn ropes and most importantly, to stay around with Taeyeon. Though Mr Oh knew very well Sehun did all that for Taeyeon, he is very pleased with the progress his son is making... 

Not only Sehun is a quick learner, he is smarter than what the old man has expected of his son. And most of all, he realized how much his son has matured over the years. Mr Oh seldom spend time with Sehun like this since Sehun lives on his own. He always thought Sehun is still the young, spoilt, stubborn kid who shows no interest in anything except to have fun. But he was wrong. His son has grown up. Sehun might still love fun, but he knew when to focus at the right time. Even the senior executives sing praises of how much potential Sehun has.

"My father praised me today." Sehun boasted. "He said I have been doing well lately. He seems to have a changed impression on me now." Sehun added with a smirk. Taeyeon returned a doubted look. "Really?" 

Sehun nodded with a satisfied smile. "But Sehun..." Taeyeon looked at Sehun who is happily munching on his food. "I thought you never like business. You told me before." Taeyeon asked. Sehun paused and looked at her. "It's different now." he said. "I want to prove to my father. I want him to know that I am a changed person now. And it's you who changed me...." 


"Let's go." Sehun stood up and grabbed her hands. 

"Where are we going?" Taeyeon asked.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun brought Taeyeon to the highest floor of the building.

A restricted area with limited access. "So this is the place.." Taeyeon thought to herself as she browsed around the secretive pathway. While Sehun just make his way freely down the corridor. Sehun stopped when they reached a sliding door. He entered the passcode and the door slided open.

Welcoming them is a posh reception. Sitting by the reception is a well-dress lady who bowed poisely to Sehun. "Young Mister, looking for CEO? Let me inform him." The secretary picked up the phone. Sehun stopped her. "It's okay. You don't have to inform him. I'll just walk in." Without a second word, Sehun held Taeyeon's hand and walked into the CEO office.


"Appa..." 

Sehun and Taeyeon walked into the office to find his father with 2 senior executives. Sehun bowed to the executives while Taeyeon quickly released her hands from Sehun and bowed too. The executives excused themselves, leaving behind just the both of them with the Oh master.

"Where is your manner? Don't you know it's rude to just walk into my office like this?" The old man said with a stern voice. Sehun shrugged briefly. "Mianhae. It's lunch hour. I thought you are having lunch alone in the office. So I intend to bring Taeyeon here and accompany you." Sehun explained.

The old man looked away clearing his throat. Taeyeon felt it. She knew the old man is not pleased with her presence. "Erm Sehun, I guess I have to excuse myself. I need to return to work." Taeyeon bowed and turned around to leave the office. 


"Well, Taeyeon shi...." A voice stopped Taeyeon. "We are having a family dinner tonight. Do join us if you are available." Mr Oh said without facing Taeyeon. Sehun raised his brows in surprise. Taeyeon turned around and looked at the old man. "It's fine if you can't make it." The old man said while taking his seat by the huge desk.

"Of course she can make it!" Sehun happily accepted the invitation on Taeyeon's behalf.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


- The Dinner - 

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Taeyeon held back. "What's wrong?" Sehun cupped his right palm on Taeyeon's cheek. "Don't worry. It's my father who invited you this time. Just relax and enjoy the dinner. I promise everything will be fine."

Alhough Sehun has assured her umpteen times, Taeyeon still feel uncertain. She had a bad hunch. That bad feeling haunted her ever since she knew about the dinner. Her mind is telling her something bad is going to happen. Even so, Taeyeon knew she can't give up. She can't give up any chances of getting near to the Oh's. She has task to complete. Like it or not, Taeyeon knew she has to make this trip.


Entering Sehun's house, it's not a place unfamiliar. She came here once for dinner. And this time, the crowd is the same too.  Sehun's parents, Krystal and.... Baekhyun.

Taeyeon didn't expect Baekhyun to be there too. Though she should have expected it, since this is a 'family' dinner. The last time they met was at Cafe Monte, and not forgetting the time they spent along the Han River. The misery in his eyes. Taeyeon noticed it again. It's the same misery she remembered seeing it the last time they met.

What really happened? What is wrong with him lately?

After a brief greeting, the dinner started. It was quiet at the beginning. The family focused on their dinner. None of them started any topic. It was until Sehun decided to break the silence.

"So what's the special ocassion?" Sehun asked. Sehun's father stopped his dinner and wiped his mouth with the napkin. "It's an important day." He said. Mrs Oh who is sitting beside him, nodded her head with a blissful smile. "It is, indeed." She added. Both of them turned to Baekhyun. "Baekhyun-ah, since everyone is here, why don't you take the chance to annouce it?" Mr Oh suggested. Baekhyun looked up. His eyes scanned through the crowd and paused a little when his eyes reached Taeyeon.  

"Hyung, what is it? Sehun asked. Baekhyun shifted his attention to Sehun, but nothing came out from his mouth. It came a moment of silence, before he finally speaks.

"Krystal and I.... we are getting married."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

- Dinner Ends - 


"Tired?" 

Sehun turned his head to Taeyeon when his car stopped for the traffic light. "Hmm?" Taeyeon who was staring out from the car window the whole time turned to Sehun. "You have been quiet since dinner." Sehun said. "Anything wrong?" He asked. Taeyeon gave a small smile and shook her head briefly. "Nothing. Perhaps I'm just tired."

Taeyeon knew she just lied. Again. Something is definitely not right. Nothing felt right since the moment Baekhyun annouced his marriage with Krystal.


Flashback

"M-m...married??" Sehun widened his eyes. "I thought the intend was for you two to get engage first?" He asked. Sehun's father laughed. "I don't see a difference here. Since we have already acknowledged Baekhyun as our future son-in-law since a long time ago." His father claimed. "Exactly. We might as well let this two love birds walk up the aisle asap." Sehun's mother added with a smile. 

"Omo Congratulations!" Sehun send his wishes with a little doubt written on his face. "So when is the big day?" Sehun turned to ask Baekhyun. "Coming spring...." Krystal cuts in. "Spring?" Sehun gave a shock face. "Less than 2 months from now?" He asked while shifting his eyes back to Baekhyun who didn't say much. "What's with the hurry?" Sehun asked.

Baekhyun stopped and placed his culteries down.

"It doesn't matter when, since we already decided to get married..."

 
Flashback Ends
 


Taeyeon knew it's just a matter of time that they are getting married. It's nothing new nor surprising. They are an item since the day Taeyeon knew them. But why? Taeyeon tried to congratulate the pair, but she found it hard to do so. Nothing came out from , even she tried hard to say something nice. Why... Why is there a weird feeling down in ? Why is there a tight feeling on her chest? 

It's so unfamiliar. Taeyeon never felt this way before. Never.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


- Mid Town - 

Sehun dropped Taeyeon at the usual place before he drove away. Taking small steps, Taeyeon make her way back home as usual. As she walked, she noticed footsteps behind her. Knowing she's been followed, her natural instinct told herself to keep calm and act oblivious until she reached a familiar corner.

"Why are you following me?!" Taeyeon turned around and abruptly confronted the stalker. But weird silence followed.

"Baekhy...."

was tight and she could hardly called out the name. "What are you doing here?" Taeyeon cleared before she speaks again. Stuffing both his hands into a jacket, Baekhyun walked beyond Taeyeon without saying a word.

"What is wrong with you?" Taeyeon stopped Baekhyun. "You aren't being yourself lately. What happened? Is it your father? Has something happen to him?" She asked. Baekhyun turned around and gave Taeyeon a weak smile. "Since when you became so interested in my business?" he asked. Taeyeon blinked her eyes with surprise.

Baekhyun has never speak to her like this. Never. Not in this tone. Not in this manner. "What are you talking about? I'm asking because.." Taeyeon stuttered alittle. "Because you care about me?" Baekhyun cuts her word. Taeyeon took aback with disbelief. "I don't care about anyone." She claimed coldly. "And you know very well how much I hate people probing into other people's business." Taeyeon added with a stare at Baekhyun.

Of course Baekhyun knew that. Both of them remembered when they first met, Baekhyun was a bothersome to Taeyeon. He was the one who always happened to unintentionally pry into Taeyeon's life. He was also the observant one who Taeyeon has to be alert of to ensure he won't see through her.
 

"How about Sehun?" Baekhyun asked. "Don't you care about him? He is your boyfriend." Taeyeon looked straight at Baekhyun. Right then, tonnes of questions flowing through her mind. Why is he here? Did he follow her? But why did he want to do that? Why did he appear himself just minutes after Sehun left? Why did he suddenly say and ask things like that? 

"That's between me and Sehun. I don't have to tell you anything. Whether I care or not. Whoever I care or not. All these are none of your business." Taeyeon turned around and attempt to leave without Baekhyun. But she was soon stopped by Baekhyun who overtook her on the path.

"It's late. Let me see you to your doorstep." Taeyeon stopped for a second before rejecting his offer. "Don't bother. I know my own way home." Without turning her head, Taeyeon walked on. But Baekhyun followed.


"Stop following me!" Taeyeon turned around and stopped Baekhyun. "Are you trying to be that old bothersome you again?" She raised her voice. Baekhyun shrugged. Taeyeon rolled her eyes with disbelief, and tried to walk on without him. But Baekhyun held onto her wrist. "Why are you so afraid? Why are you so defensive about where you live and the kind of life you lead?" 

Taeyeon flipped her hands off Baekhyun. "Please don't act like you know me very well. What do you know about me? Who do you think you are? Just because I told you a little about myself, you think we are friends and I have to tell you everything? You are too full of yourself, Byun Baekhyun! Stop prying when you shouldn't. You don't belong here. Get lost and go back to your lovely wife-to-be!!"


Taeyeon gulped alittle by her own last sentence. She didn't mean to be harsh to Baekhyun. But that weird feeling haunt her again. It's that same feeling she had when she first heard about the wedding news. Her chest felt tight again when she heard herself mentioning.... wife-to-be.

 

"Do you love Sehun?" Baekhyun's sudden question startled Taeyeon. "Do you love Sehun for real?" Taeyeon brows knitted.  "W..what?" she asked back. "Sehun is my best friend. I treated him like my real brother since we were very young. I won't allow Sehun to get hurt in any way." Baekhyun said. Taeyeon turned around and looked at him. "What are you trying to say?" Baekhyun looked down, before he looked up to look at Taeyeon again.


"Who is he?"

"That man G-dragon.... who is he to you?"

"Why did you lie to us?"

"What is your motive getting near Sehun?"
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the comments! Thanks for upvoting and subscribing to this fanfic.

I'm happy to see you guys are still following this story despite I have stopped for so long... <3