Chapter 17

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 17 - 


"Oppa, I need your help."

G-Dragon heard Taeyeon from her room. He walked in and found Taeyeon holding onto the blue gown on her. The zip on the back left open. "Oppa, can you help me with this? I can't reach." G-Dragon walked over and do what he was told. After zipping up the dress for her, G-Dragon stayed and looked into the mirror.

"You look good in blue." G- Dragon complimented as he appreciates the gorgeous woman standing in front of him. "Oh Sehun picked this." Taeyeon said. Hearing that, the smile on G-Dragon fades away. It hurts him to see the woman he precious the most, dolling up herself to get close to the people he hates. 

G-Dragon run his fingers from Taeyeon's shoulder to the exposed tattoo on her arm. "This dress couldn't hide it all." Taeyeon said. "I told you before. A girl shouldn't have tattoo." G-Dragon replied. "I should have stopped you when you insisted." He added. Taeyeon smiled. It's ironic to hear that from someone who has more than 15 tattoos on himself.

"I gotta go. Sehun is here." 

G-Dragon gently pulled Taeyeon into embrace. "Promise me. Dress like this for me when everything is over." G-D whispered into her ears. Taeyeon nodded and pulled out from his hug. "Don't worry. It's just going to be a ball. Nothing else." She promised with a smile before picking up her coat and leaves for Sehun.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Sehun dressed in a perfect black tuxedo was standing by his Audi waiting for his dream date. Soon, he heard the approaching heels. He looked over and found Taeyeon beautifully dressed in the sapphire gown he specially picked. Her hair simply pulled back revealing her perfect flawless face. She looks divine.

Taeyeon greets Sehun with a smile. And that smile, it's the most beautiful thing Sehun ever seen in his 20 years of life. He can swear it. "Sehun?" Taeyeon called. "Are we ready to go?" She asked. Sehun awakened from mesmerization, invites Taeyeon into his car. "You look great tonight." Sehun complimented. "I mean 'great' is definitely an understatement." He quickly added. "Thank you." Taeyeon simply replied.


Driving his car, Sehun couldn't help stealing glances at the gorgeous woman sitting beside him. He couldn't find words to describe how gorgeous and beautiful she is and how she make it look so effortless. "Sehun. Your parents will be there at the ball?" Taeyeon asked. Taken back by Taeyeon's sudden question, Sehun nodded in response. "I'm looking forward to meet them." She said. Sehun smiled. "I'm sure they will be happy to meet you too." He lied.

Of course Sehun lied. A mid-towner is definitely not what his parents will be expecting from him. But he is taking the gamble. He knew his parents wants face, and there are many influential and powerful people at the ball. Even his parents is unhappy with the choice he made, they can't do anything there. Besides, he has no intend to hear what they have to say after he introduced Taeyeon to them.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Arriving at the hotel, the valet took over Sehun's car. Sehun raised his elbow for Taeyeon to cling on it and both of them march into the grand ballroom. Welcoming the couple was a huge ballroom with grand crystal chandeliers hanging on those high ceiling. Taeyeon's eyes widened. Amazed by how beautiful the set was, Taeyeon didn't realise the attention she was gaining from the crowd. As Sehun and Taeyeon enters the ballroom, numerous eyes set on the gorgeous couple. Everyone knows who Oh Sehun is, but they are all wondering who's that flawless lady beside him.

Shortly, Taeyeon noticed Chanyeol in the crowd. His height allows him to get spotted easily. And standing across Chanyeol is a beautiful lady dressed in a red gown. And standing next to her is a handsome young man dressed in a matching tuxedo.

"They are here. Let's join them." Sehun held Taeyeon's hand and lead her into the crowd.

Sipping on a glass of champagne, Baekhyun notices Sehun and Taeyeon. His eyes were set on Taeyeon as he instantly takes in how beauiful she looks tonight. Baekhyun literally froze right there with his glass on his lips. "Oppa." Krystal called. "What are you looking at?" She asked and turned to where Baekhyun is gazing. Krystal saw his brother approaching and dropped when she saw Taeyeon.

"OMG What is she doing here?" Krystal face stiffed. "Taeyeon is Sehun's partner for tonight." Chanyeol replied. Krystal's mouth widened. "You mean the partner oppa was refering to is her?!" Krystal snapped and attempted to confront Sehun before he reaches them. But she was stopped by Baekhyun.


"Hey guys." Sehun greets his friends and Taeyeon gave them a slight bow. "Taeyeon you are so pretty tonight. You two look fantastic together. I swear." Chanyeol commented and that puts a satisfied smile on Sehun's face. Taeyeon switched her eyes to the couple standing across her. She can see burning fire in Krystal's eyes. She can tell Krystal doesn't welcome her. Taeyeon shifts her head slightly and her eyes meet with Baekhyun's. She moved her gaze down and saw a pair of hands tightly clinged onto his arm. Baekhyun followed Taeyeon's gaze and saw what she's watching. Conciously, he removed Krystal's hands off him.

The MC on stage got the crowd's attention. A round of applause followed when the Guest of Honor was welcomed to the stage for the opening speech. Taeyeon watched a familiar man well-dressed in a grey suit walked up to the stage. He started by introducing himself. Taeyeon felt a grip on her waist. "That's who you will be meeting later." Sehun said softly into her ears.

The man on stage is Sehun's father. She met him before at Sehun's apartment, on that family photo. Eloquent, well-versed in both korean and english, humurous and yet empowering. He is the successful but unlawful businessman who put Jiyong oppa into all those sufferings. The smile on Taeyeon diminishes.


After the speech ended, Taeyeon saw Sehun's father coming their direction. She felt a grip on her left hand. Sehun is holding onto her hand now. She thought this is going to be easy but it's not. Approaching them, Sehun's father is accompanied by a classy middle-age woman. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun and Krystal bowed to them. Taeyeon follow suit.

As soon as they lifted their body from the bow, the pairs of eyes were all on Taeyeon. "Sehuna, aren't you going to introduce this fine young lady to us?" Sehun's father requested. Sehun nodded and gripped Taeyeon's hand harder. "Appa, Umma, this is Kim Taeyeon." Sehun introduced Taeyeon to his parents formally. "Nice to meet you." Taeyeon added with a slight bow. Sehun's mother stepped forward and held onto Taeyeon's hand. "You are such a beauty. Appa, look at those eyes of hers." She smiled dearly at Taeyeon. "Kim-sshi." Sehun's father thought for awhile. "May I ask for your father's name?" Sehun's father requested.


Taeyeon stared blankly at the question. How is she going to answer that question when she doesn't even have a father. "Appa, what a question to ask at the first meeting. Let's do it another time." Sehun tried to help. "No I insist." Sehun's father insisted with a smile. "There are too many Kims I know of. I want to make sure I don't get the wrong person. Taeyeon-sshi, do you mind telling me your father's name and his background?" He asked again. Sehun lifted his hands onto Taeyeon's waist and whispered into her ears. "It's okay. Just tell him about your father. Don't worry."

"I.....I don't....." Taeyeon stuttered. "Uncle, I think the Dean is looking for you over there." Baekhyun stepped in to divert his attention. Baekhyun knew the question was tough for Taeyeon since she is a abandoned child. And Sehun's father is not likely accept 'fatherless' as an answer.

Taeyeon looked at Baekhyun and lipped a "Thank you" to him. Unfortunately, Krystal caught that.

"Wait Appa! Let's finish this first." Krystal pulled her father's arm and got his attention back. "Taeyeon-shhi, my father is asking you a question. It's impolite not to answer." Krystal said. Sehun's mother tapped on her daughter's arm. "Have some manners, Krystal. How can you talk to Taeyeon-sshi like this?"

Taeyeon sighed and decided to answer the question truthfully. "I don't have a father. He left me when I was five."
 

Taeyeon's answer shocked everyone except Baekhyun. Even Sehun didn't know about it. Sehun's father quickly switched the awkwardness on his face into a sympathetic one. "I'm so sorry, Taeyeon-sshi. It must be tough for you and your family that your father passed away at an early age." Sehun's father said. Taeyeon shook her head. "No, it's not like this." Baekhyun tried to step in again, but this time he was held back by Krystal. "My parents abandoned me on the street when I was five. I became a homeless kid since then. I don't even remember my father's name."

Taeyeon's truthful answer shocked everyone once again. This time even Sehun's father finds it hard to hide his awkwardness. Krystal stepped in. "And FYI, she's from Mid-Town." Krystal's words instantly turned her parents' face stiff. "Did you say Mid-Town? The place infested with drugs, crimes, fights and hooligans?" Sehun's mother asked. "Yep!!" Krystal replied. "Shhh stop it, Krystal." Baekhyun pulled her back.

Sehun's father cleared his throat and walked up to Sehun. "Sehuna, is it true your partner is from Mid-Town?" Sehun looked down for a second and then raised his head again. "Appa, does it even matter?" Sehun's mother quickly walked over to her precious son. "Sehuna. Of course it matters. You know very well the intention of this ball. How can you bring a random girl here?" Sehun looked at his mother. "Umma, Taeyeon is not a random girl. She is a friend."

Sehun's father walked straight up to Taeyeon. "I'm sorry Taeyeon-sshi. It is my son's mistake for bringing you here. Tonight is an important event for us. And I'd like to spend quality time with my son and family. I'll be very grateful if you can excuse us..." Sehun's father 'politely' show Taeyeon the way out.

"Taeyeon is not going anywhere!" Sehun stepped forward. Sehun's mother held onto him. "Don't defy your father. Be good." Taeyeon turned to Sehun and shook her head. "It's okay, Sehun. I'll go." Taeyeon spinned around and walked off from the humiliation. Sehun shoved off his mum's hands on him. "She's not leaving this place without ME." Sehun dropped the words hard on his parents and walked off the event.
 

Worrying about Taeyeon, and watching Sehun stomping away from the scene, Baekhyun knew the situation was bad. "I'll go and take a look at him." Baekhyun offered. Krystal still clinging tightly onto Baekhyun. "I go with you." She asked. Baekhyun stared at her. "NO. You stay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Wait for me!!" Sehun chased after Taeyeon and finally catched up with her. Panting hard from the chase, Sehun held tightly onto Taeyeon's arm. "I'm sorry for what my parents said." He apologized. 

Everything went well as per planned. Sehun fell out with his father over her. Taeyeon should be thrilled, but something is bothering her. She thought she is strong and she can do this easily. But she overestimates herself. Just a few harsh word from Sehun's father that strikes on her weakest spots is enough to bring her down. She felt humiliated when they called her a random girl, she felt hurt when she was asked to leave the event. She was helpless when she couldn't even name her own father. The thought of everything forces tears down on Taeyeon's face.

Sehun saw the tears and his heart shrinked. "I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'm such a fool to believe my parents will be nice to you..." Taeyeon sniffed in her tears. "It wasn't your fault. Your parents is right, this is not the right place for me." Sehun frowned and shook his head. "Don't listen to their nonsense. If there is anyone in the wrong here, it's them. These adults just think they are always right and I had enough of that!"

"Sehun, just go back. It's an important night for your family. So.." Before Taeyeon can finish her words, Sehun pulled her right into his arms. "I'm not going anywhere without you." Falling into Sehun's embrace, Taeyeon was startled for the beginning. But the warmth of his hug kept her there. She stayed quietly in his arms. "I don't care what my parents think. I just know I need you by my side." Sehun tightened his arms around Taeyeon. "What do you mean?" Taeyeon asked.

Sehun gently released her from the hug and looked into her eyes. "It means... I love you." He finally confessed. 
 

Wiping the tears on Taeyeon's cheek, Sehun slowly leaned closer. Taeyeon hesitated but she didn't avoid. She felt his breathing getting closer and closer, until his warm lips fully on hers. Her eyes closed as their lips touched. The kiss was soft and gentle. Taeyeon finds herself responding to the kiss. She slowly placed her hands on Sehun's chest and returned the kiss.


Meanwhile, Baekhyun finally catches up with them..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~