Chapter 35

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 35 - 
 

"How did Baekhyun get shot?!"

"What are you two doing at home? Shouldn't you be at the wedding venue?!"

"Why is there a gunman came out of nowhere??"

"Why did you keep quiet when the police asked you??"

"What really happened?? Oppa!"


Krystal grabbed onto Sehun's arm and cried. Sehun kept his head low. He has been quiet for the entire evening. He hasn't speak a word since the ambulance took Baekhyun to the hospital. The police were here, but Sehun didn't breathe a word. He kept quiet when the police asked him. He kept quiet when his family asked him. He kept quiet when Krystal asked him. He kept quiet even when Baekhyun's father begged him. 

Sehun's father turned to look at his son after receiving a call.

"Nothing valuable was lost."

"The gunman wasn't there for money.'

"What really happened?"

"You and Baekhyun were there. You must be aware what the gunman was aftering for?!"

The old man demanding an answer from Sehun.

 

"Tae...y.."

A weak voice interrupted the crowd.

"Baekhyun?!"  The crowd around the bed jumped up when Baekhyun finally wakes up after staying unconcious for almost 6 hours. It was 12 am and the entire Ohs and Byuns family were in the hospital. All of them were still in their suit and Krystal was still in her wedding dress. Sehun stood up and rushed to the bed.

"Hyung, how are you doing?" Sehun grabbed onto Baekhyun's hand. "Sehun, where's Ta..." Baekhyun tried to speak with his weak voice but he was quickly interrupted by Sehun. "Shhh.. don't talk too much. Everything is fine. You just rest well." Thanks to Sehun's interruption, the rest of the crowd did not capture the words. Baekhyun's father who was traumatized by his injured son, tapped gently on Baekhyun's arm. "Sehun is right, you just had the bullet removed. You need to rest well and don't worry about everything. We will take care of it." 

The crowd was relieved that Baekhyun escaped from death and finally woke up. No one asked further what happened although they were eager to know. They knew they had to make Sehun talk. But not now, since Baekhyun's condition is the utmost importance.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

The family walked out from the ward to allow Baekhyun rest quietly. Everyone was tired after the trauma. Sehun's clothes was still covered with blood and the smell of the blood reminds him of what happened. He closed his eyes and tried to shake off the thoughts but he failed to. Whatever happened still freshly stucked in his mind.

As he walked, Sehun felt someone watching from afar. He looked over and noticed a figure hiding away. Sensing something amiss, Sehun excused himself from his family and followed him.

Sehun followed and ran after the figure. That figure was wearing black and he has a hoodie covering his head. Sehun surpassed him and stopped him by pulling down his hoodie.

And to Sehun's surprise,,,,


"It's you."

Sehun was surprised to find Taeyeon under the hoodie.


"Didn't you leave with your good brother who almost killed Baekhyun?"

"Didn't you and your brother got what you want and all ready to put my father behind the bars?!"

"Why are you still here? Aren't you satisfied that my life and Baekhyun's life became like this all because of YOU?!!"

For the very first time, Sehun raised his voice at Taeyeon.


"Mianhae.." A tear dropped down from Taeyeon's eyes. The nth tears that came down from her cheek since today. "I'm sorry for everything." Taeyeon apologized. "I know whatever I said now is useless. I know you won't listen to me anymore.."

But Sehun looked away. 

"Don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to Baekhyun who is lying on the bed, who almost died in your brother's hands!! If anything were to happen to Baekhyun, I swear I won't let him off!!" 

Once again, tears formed on Taeyeon's eyes when she heard the name. She was there when Baekhyun woke up. She was there when the doctor announced Baekhyun was out of danger. She was also there when the Ohs and Byuns were questioning Sehun about what happened. Taeyeon has been hiding behind the ward since Baekhyun got pulled out from the operating theatre. She didn't want leave until she hear it with her own ears that Baekhyun is out of danger. 


"I knew you kept quiet." Taeyeon said. "You didn't say anything when the police asked you.." Sehun looked back at Taeyeon. "You could have told the police everything, but you didn't." Tears flowed down as Taeyeon said it.

"Then why did you come back?" Sehun's voice softens. "You should know it's unsafe for you to come back. If I told the police everything, you will be in danger, the police will be aftering you."

Taeyeon nodded and looked down. 

"Why are so foolish?? You should have just gone for good! Why did you come back?!" Sehun asked. "I can't just go like this." Taeyeon muttered. "If I just go like this..." She paused. Sehun looked at her.

And there was a short silence.


"You are worried about Baekhyun?" Sehun broke the silence. Taeyeon shook her head alittle. "I'm worried about the both of you.." She said. "Why did you even bother about me??" Sehun said. "Wasn't everyhing just an act? Wasn't everything about us faked? Wasn't everything just nothing but a plot??"

"I know whatever I said now is useless." Taeyeon lowered her head. "Yes. It's a fact that everything was plotted. It's a fact that I made use of your feelings to get to my objectives. I won't ask for forgiveness, because I don't deserve to be forgiven. But there is one thing you need to know.."


Taeyeon stretched her hands and handed her cellphone to Sehun..

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

- Flashback  -


Taeyeon placed her fingers on the trigger. 

"One, Two..."
 

"Fine, I'll call the ambulance!!"


G-dragon took the option. There is no way he can watch Taeyeon die in front of him. He would rather be caught by the police than to allow her to do that. G-dragon dialled the number and called the ambulance. He then stepped forward. Taeyeon dropped the gun and G-dragon snatched it straightaway. Without a second word, G-D held onto Taeyeon's wrist and pulled her away from the scene!
 

They ran.

As fast as they could.

G-dragon held tightly onto Taeyeon's hands as they ran. Until they reached a lake, G-D took the gun, wiped it clean and threw it into the lake. Taeyeon watched as the gun landed right into the deep waters. 

"We need to get away from here fast. The police will be there as soon as the ambulance arrived." G-D said as he quickly unlocked his car and pulled Taeyeon into the front seat. G-D the engine. He took a look at Taeyeon who didn't say a word since they left Oh's mansion. "I have arranged someone to send the evidences to police...' G-D said. "Once done, we can leave this place for good!"

But Taeyeon just stayed silence and stared ahead blankly.

"Oppa, I can't." Taeyeon blurted out. "I can't just go like this!" Taeyeon pulled the handbrake and the car stopped abruptly. "I need to make sure they are fine before I go." Upon saying that, Taeyeon unbuckled her belt and attempted to leave. But G-dragon stopped her. "No. You are not going anywhere!!!" G-D warned. 

"Oppa, I promised. Once I make sure they are fine, I will meet you at the airport." Taeyeon pleaded. G-dragon looked at her. "What happened to you?" He asked. "Did those guys mesmerized you or something? Are you even the Taeyeon I once knew??"

Taeyeon shooked her head. "The one who has changed is YOU!" she said. "You are no longer the oppa I used to know!! Where is that gentle and kind Jiyong oppa who hardly harmed an ant no matter how tough life is? Where is that warm-hearted oppa who's willing to offer your clothes to younger homeless kids even when you are already struggling with the cold?? Where is the Jiyong oppa who had the warmest smile even when we have been starving for days?? I missed him!!"


Taeyeon blurted all out.

"I know you joined the gang because that's the sole survival route. I knew you did that out of no choice. I know with the gang, there's a lot of things that you have to do without given a choice. Drugs, extortions, fights. And I understand you wanted to excel in the gang so we don't have to return to that kind of life again. But oppa, look at you. You are turning into a monster. You are too blinded by the revenge. You harmed yourself and you harmed others. And now, you can take someone's life so easily.."


A short silence came in.

"Turn yourself in, Oppa"

G-dragon looked at Taeyeon with disbelief. "Are you out of your mind?! Do you know how much we have gone through to get to these and you want me to turn in myself to police??" 

"So what if you put the two old men into jail? Does it makes you feel any better?" Taeyeon asked. "You shot someone! And you don't even know if that person is still alive. You think you can just leave like this without feeling guilty at all? If that's the case, then you are not the Jiyong oppa I knew!!"

G-dragon stayed quiet.

"Do whatever you want." He said suddenly. "Get off the car and do whatever you want. We are on seperate ways now."

Taeyeon turned to G-dragon. "What..?"

G-dragon opened the door and chased Taeyeon out from the car.

"Oppa!!"

Taeyeon called, but G-dragon drove off without turning back.

 

- Flashback  Ends -
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun took the cellphone. There was a long text message on it.

He read it.


"Mianhae. I always thought whatever I do is for our own good. But I was wrong. So wrong. Unknowingly, I neglected your feelings, and I neglected alot of things in life. You are right. I was blinded by revenge. For so many years, revenge is the only thing I had in mind. I was blinded by it until you woke me up just now. Right, it will not make me feel any better if that two old men go to jail now. Because even when that happened, it will not bring my parents back to me. Nothing will change. Everything will still be the same. I wished I realized all these earlier. If I realized earlier, I would have cherished my times with you when you are by my side. But now, it's too late. I have hurt you. I have hurt everyone around you. Oppa is sorry. I'm sorry to hurt you this way. I know the only person who can change our life now, is myself. I shot someone and I should be punished. Oppa will take the responsibility for what I have done. But Taeyeon, promise me. No matter where you are now, leave this place and don't ever come back. Forget about everything. Forget about me. Start afresh. -- Jiyong"


Sehun looked up.

He found Taeyeon tearing badly and his heart cringed. 

Sehun stepped closer and gently brought Taeyeon into his arms.


"He turned himself in.." Taeyeon said as she falls into Sehun's arms. "Your father is safe. Oppa did not hand over the evidences to the police. Instead, he owns up that he was the one who shot Baekhyun.." Sehun's brows knitted as he tightened his arms around Taeyeon. Though he hated G-dragon, but he can feel Taeyeon's devastation after all that had happened. His heart hurts seeing Taeyeon in pain. 

They stayed in the hug. Though it wasn't long since Sehun hugged her like this, but it felt like it has been a long time.


"I have to go.."  Taeyeon breaks away from the hug and wiped her tears. "Where are you going?" Sehun asked. "Are you really going to leave this place for good?" he asked. Taeyeon shook her head. "I don't know.." Sehun looked down. In his heart, he wanted to keep Taeyeon, but how was he going to do that since he knew his family is never going to forgive Taeyeon for what she has done. What's worst, they might have Taeyeon arrested as well.


"How about Baekhyun? Aren't you going to see him before you go?" Sehun asked and he looked at her while waiting for an answer. "It's fine.." Taeyeon forced a smile. "Good enough to know that his life is out of danger." she added. When Taeyeon turned around to leave, she was stopped by a back hug from Sehun.


"Don't go." he said. "There must be some other ways we can resolve this right?" Taeyeon placed her hands on Sehun's arms around her. "Don't be like this, Sehun." she said. "Just for alittle while more." Sehun pleaded. "Let me hug you like this for awhile more. Please." Taeyeon bit her lips and obliged.

After a long silence,,,


"Tell me honestly..." Sehun broke the silence. "Did you ever..." he paused before he continues. "Is it all fake? Is it true that you never loved me at all... not even by abit?" he asked. Taeyeon brows knitted. It took another silence before she responded. "If we were to meet each other under a different circumstances, I would have.." Sehun loosen his hug on Taeyeon. His brows furrowed as he removed his arms around her.


"How about Baekhyun?" 

Taeyeon turned around and looked at Sehun.

But she didn't answer it.



"Sehun, I'm truly sorry for everything."

"I have to go now.."

"Promise me you will live well.... Bye.."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~