Chapter 41

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 41 - 
 

"Why are you so foolish?"

"That woman almost took your life! "

"And yet, she still have the cheek to come back.."


"What did you say..?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Baekhyun hopped onto his car and rushed his way back to Cafe Monte. Biting on his lower lips as he drives, Baekhyun couldn't believe his ears when he heard it from Krystal. Taeyeon is back. Is she really back? The person who could answer this question is probably Sehun.

Baekhyun placed his palm on his lower chest, the spot where he got shot by G-dragon. Though it has healed totally, he can still feel the scar beneath his shirt. Everytime Baekhyun sees or feels the scar, it reminded him of everything that happened 5 years ago.

After the shot, Baekhyun laid in the hospital for a month. Though everyone knew what happened, no one ever brought up her name nor G-dragon's name since then. It was through the newspapers that he read about G-dragon turning himself in. And it was the police who came when he was asked about the name, G-dragon. Nothing about her was mentioned. But back then, probably it was the best to keep quiet, so she wouldn't get implicated in G-dragon's case.

 

Stepping into Monte again, this time it was only Sehun who was drinking there alone. Baekhyun walked up and joined him at the table. "Is it true?" Baekhyun speaked up. "Is it true that Taeyeon is back?" he asked. Sehun looked up at him.

"Deh.. she is back." 

For the very first time, the two best friends talked about her since the gun shot 5 years ago.        


"Chanyeol and Krystal met her earlier today." Sehun continued. "I went around looking but I just couldn't find her." he added with a forced smile. "You know what. There is something I never told you about. For the last 5 years, I have been searching for her. But I'm such a fail. I couldn't get a single news of her. Until today."

Sehun turned to look at Baekhyun. "Do you know why I didn't give up looking for her?" Baekhyun looked back at Sehun. "I know she still means alot to you." Baekhyun said. Sehun responded with a smile. "You are right. She means alot to me. No matter what she has done. Here in my heart, she always stands an important place." 

"As a friend, I meant."

Baekhyun looked up in surprise as Sehun said it.


"I was luckier than you, Baek. At least I got to talk to her for one last time before she left." Sehun added. "I was still very prideful then. Well, I thought I am Oh Sehun, who wouldn't like the handsome, rich and smart rightful heir of the Oh's empire. But Taeyeon was different indeed." Sehun paused and looked at Baekhyun. "Hyung, the person Taeyeon was in love with is not me." Sehun said. "Though she didn't say it herself, I could tell from her eyes that you are the one who mean something to her."

"Sehun, I.." Baekhyun tried to cut in, but he was stopped by Sehun.

"There is actually one more thing that I had kept from you for 5 years." Sehun added. "That night when you were shot. Do you know who's the first person you looked for when you recovered conciousness?" Baekhyun shook his head. "It was Taeyeon." Sehun said. "I always knew you have feelings for her. But I thought after you married Krystal, those feelings you had for her will go away with time. But that moment when you called her name, I realized I was too naive. Certain things just don't change so easily. And feelings is one of those things. Even after what happened, even after the gunshot, even after knowing Taeyeon's real motive was to get revenge, she is still the most important person in your heart."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"I wonder how things would be like if Taeyeon had stayed. Would the four of us be happier than we are today?" Sehun continued. Baekhyun brows tightened as he listens to Sehun. "I should have stopped you from marrying Krystal in the first place. As her brother, as your best friend, I shouldn't even allow the marriage to happen." Baekhyun shook his head. "No, Sehun. You know you are the best friend and best brother ever. It was my wrong to go ahead with the wedding. No one else to be blamed. I am fully responsible for ruining Krystal's happiness. That is why I need to do what I did today."  

"The divorcement?" Sehun asked. "But now, Krystal is..."

Sehun was quickly interrupted by Baekhyun. "Don't worry. You are not becoming an uncle." Baekhyun said. Sehun looked at him with a doubted stare. Baekhyun's expression turned stern. "Even though we were married, I never touch her. I swear." He reassured Sehun firmly. 

Sehun instantly flashed a grin and stood up. "I knew I can trust you. Looks like we are even now." 

Baekhyun looked up with knitted brows. "Even what??" 

Sehun turned around and smiled. 

 
"Nothing of that sort happened between me and Taeyeon too.."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~