Chapter 19

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 19 - 


"Umma..."

A few days after the ball, Sehun returned home for dinner. He didn't want to do it but if he doesn't do it, Taeyeon refuse to date him officially. Sehun's mother welcomed him at the door. She missed her precious son but she is still unhappy with him for walking out of the ball and putting his family in embarrassment that day.


"You owe your father a good explanation, Son." She said to Sehun. Sehun let out a mouthful of air and walked towards the living room. Right there his father is browsing the papers. "Appa." Sehun called. His father put down the papers and see his son standing there. He simply removed his glasses and waited for Sehun for his explanation.

"I'm sorry for what happened that day. I was too impulsive." Sehun apologized. His father kept quiet and expected more from Sehun. "Appa, I really like Taeyeon and we are dating now." he added. Sehun's father frowned. He puts on his glasses back and continue with his papers, ignoring Sehun.

Sehun stepped forward and pleaded his father. "Although she's from Mid-Town, she's a good person. She doesn't smoke nor take drugs nor get into criminal acts. She never asked for anything from me. And it was me who took initiative aftering her since from the start." Sehun's mother walked over and pat on her son's arm. "Son, no matter how nice she is in your eyes, she's not a good match for you." Sehun frowned and shook his head. " I know very well who's a good match for me. Taeyeon is, and I'm happy with her."


Sehun's father puts down his papers and finally responded. "How long have you know that girl? How much do you know about her? How do you know she doesn't have ulterior motives on you? Do you know how infested Mid-Town is? Crimes, drugs and even ion. Those mid-towners do anything for money. Our family will never accept such a woman. Never!"

"What?!" Sehun snapped. "Appa. How can you put it this way? This is insulting to Taeyeon. I know her, she will never do things like that!" His father stood up in anger. "You are too naive. She must have got you mesmerized. No matter what, I will not change my stand. If you want that woman, then you are out of this family!"  His father angrily walked away, leaving behind Sehun and his mother.

Sehun sighed and sat down on the couch. "See, I tried talking to him, but he didn't listen." he complained to his mother. She frowned and sat beside Sehun. "Your father is right. You are mesmerized. Listen to Umma, you have to stop seeing that girl before you get chased out by your father."


"Umma..." Krystal called from behind. "Let me talk to Oppa." she offered. Her mother stood up and nods. "Yeah, you young people understand each other. You help us to talk around your oppa." she said as she walked way to leave the two siblings alone.

"What do you want?" Sehun asked as Krystal stood in front of him. "Let's talk at the backyard." she suggested. "Why can't we talk here?" Sehun asked. "You won't want our parents to hear what I'm gonna say to you." Krystal said. Sehun reluctantly stood up and followed Krystal to the backyard.


"What is it?" Sehun asked again. Krystal took out her cellphone and passed it to Sehun. "If you really think your Taeyeon is all pure and devoted to you, then you are very wrong." she said. Sehun browsed the pictures on her phone. The pictures were showing the great time Baekhyun and Taeyeon were having at the orphanage the other day. They were laughing, playing, hitting each other in the pics like a pair of loving couple.

Sehun's brow furrowed.

"Surprise to see your best friend so close to your girlfriend? Wondering since when they are on such a good terms?" Krystal asked. Sehun didn't respond. He kept quiet and passed the phone back to Krystal. "Wordless?" she added. "I was the same when I saw both of them together."


"What is it that you want to tell me?" Sehun asked.  "There is something going on between Baekhyun and Taeyeon." Sehun laughed and shook his head. "What can happen between them? These pictures doesn't imply anything." Krystal pouted. "Oh really? Then did Taeyeon or Baekhyun mentioned anything about what happened in the pictures?" she asked. Sehun kept quiet again. Krystal laughed. "See? If there is nothing to hide, then why didn't they mention anything to me or you?"

"I think you read too much into it. I trust Taeyeon. And I trust Baekhyun. They won't do anything behind my back." Sehun his tougue and defended. Krystal gave a small laugh and added. "Appa is right. You are too naive. Trust me, I'm a woman and a woman's sixth sense is never wrong."


Krystal placed his hands over Sehun's shoulders. "Oppa, let's make a deal." Sehun looked over to his sister. "What deal?" he asked. "If you helped me to keep Baekhyun by my side, I can help to convince Appa to give Taeyeon a chance." Sehun shook his head. "No. How can I help in this? I can't control Baekhyun's feelings for you." he rejected. "Besides, Baekhyun is my best friend and close hyung. This doesn't sound right." he added.

Krystal bit her lips and continued. "Oppa, think about it. This is going to be win-win situation for both of us...."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short update for today.... I promise to continue updating asap. :)

Thanks for all subscribers and comments.