Chapter 40

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 40 - 


Looking around the busy streets, Sehun is at lost.

When he was about to dial Baekhyun's number, he hesitated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Monte, Sehun sat down in disappointment.

He failed to find her.

"Mianhae." Chanyeol apologized. "I should have told you earlier that she is back." Chanyeol said. Sehun shook his head slightly. "Perhaps it's fated." Sehun muttered. "It's ironic, isn't it? I have been looking for her for so long. And I failed to get a single news of her. But you can just meet her on the streets like this.."

Resting his head onto his palm, Sehun sighed in disappointment. Chanyeol placed his arms over and gave Sehun a pat. "Don't give up. As long as she is still in Seoul, I believe we can find her." Chanyeol said with consoling smile.

Meanwhile, a pair of footsteps barged into the cafe. He found Chanyeol and Sehun at a corner, and he walked straight up to them. "What emergency? What happened??" Baekhyun asked anxiously. 


- Flashback - 

When he was about to dial Baekhyun's number, Sehun hesitated.

"Cool down bro, you'll upset the baby if you shout at her like this."

"You are pregnant...?"

Despite the reluctance, Sehun still went ahead dialling Baekhyun's number. He dialled once, twice, thrice... it didn't get through. "Jeez, this fool!!" Sehun cursed as he knows Baekhyun must have switched off his cellphone again. Sehun knew his best friend does it everytime when he has a meeting or engaged with work.

"There is an emergency! Meet me @ Monte once you see this text!! Else, you will regret." - SH


- Flashback ends- 


"Tae..." Chanyeol was about to break the news to Baekhyun but Chanyeol was held back by Sehun. "What's going on??" Baekhyun asked. Sehun looked away before returning to Baekhyun. "I should be the one asking you.." Sehun asked in an anguish tone. Baekhyun knits his brow with confusion, "Me?? But it was you who texted me that there is an emer.."

Without waiting for Baekhyun to finish his sentence, Sehun gave Baekhyun a push on his chest, making the latter to step backwards. 

"What's going on with you and Krystal?" Sehun asked. "Me and Krystal?" Baekhyun asked back. Sehun held onto Baekhyun's collar furiously. "Do you know the most cruel thing you can do to a woman, is not just marrying her without loving her. But to impregnate her at the same time!! And you did both to my sister!!!"

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "What are you talking about??" Baekhyun asked as he tried to remove Sehun's hands on him. "Krystal is pregnant with your child!" Sehun raised his voice at Baekhyun. Chanyeol stepped in and pulled his two best friends apart. "Sehun, cool down. Let's hear what Baekhyun got to say."

But Baekhyun stayed quiet.

"I have nothing to say." Baekhyun broke the silence. He turned around and attempted to leave, but Sehun stopped him. "What do you mean by that?" Sehun asked as he gripped onto Baekhyun's arm. "Did you really get her pregnant?" Sehun asked again. Baekhyun sighed and looked up at Sehun. "Just leave this to me. I will talk to Krystal." Baekhyun replied. 

"Let me warn you. If she is really pregnant, you better do what a man needs to do. Be responsible. Else, you will get it from me!" Sehun warned as he let go his grip on Baekhyun. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Stepping into Oh's mansionette, Baekhyun found Krystal sitting on the couch at the living room. Seeing Baekhyun, Krystal quickly hid the snacks she was madly crunching on before Baekhyun came. But that was easily caught by the observant Byun.

Baekhyun stepped forward and grabbed the stuffs from her. He then let out a cold smile. "Cheetos. I thought a pregnant woman should avoid from taking such junk food?" Baekhyun asked with a glare. Krystal's expression stiff. She stood up and tried to explain herself. But Baekhyun didn't let her to. "I guess we need to have a good talk." Baekhyun said as he sat onto the couch. 

Krystal joined him back on the couch.

"3 years ago before I left for Pusan, I made myself very clear. It was my wrong to marry you because of my father. And it was my wrong to allow the mistake to carry on for 2 years. It was also my wrong to clear up the mess only after my father passed away."

As Baekhyun said it, tears formed on Krystal's eyes. 

"Krystal, I said it 3 years ago. And I will say the same things today. I never loved you, and I will never do. Forcing ourselves together will only bring miseries to each other. Why held on to it when you know it will never work out for us..?" 

"Stop it Baek. Don't even dream about it. I won't sign on the divorcement papers." 

Baekhyun looked at Krystal with disbelief. "I hate to say it this way, but I have to." he said. "In a week's time, my filing for seperation will fulfill the 3 years term. That means, our divorcement will come to effect in a week's time." he added. "So Krystal, stop doing useless things. Stop waiting for me at Monte and stop making lies. It will not change anything."

After finishing his sentence, Baekhyun stood up and leave.

Baekhyun could hear cries behind as Krystal started throwing things at him. "Byun Baekhyun, I hate you!!" she cried. "How could you do this to me?? Why marry me when you didn't even love me?! How could you just leave me like this?! We grew up together, and I'm your best friend's sister... how could you be so cruel?!!"

Hearing that, Baekhyun just closed his eyes and walked on. In the past, Baekhyun could have turn back and pacify her. In the past, his heart could have softened and changed his mind. But that was the old Baekhyun. After many things that had happened, Baekhyun has changed. He hated himself for being a weakling to allow himself to be controlled by his father, and ended up ruining Krystal's life happiness. He hated himself for being a coward and allow himself to lose his own life happiness.


Baekhyun's marriage with Krystal lasted for 2 years. Every single day in that 2 years was misery. Until 3 years ago, Baekhyun's father passed away. His father lost the battle afterall. He failed to fight against his heart disease. Only till then, Baekhyun realized he had to do what he has to do. No matter how the Oh's family or others look at him, he has to do it. Baekhyun filed for divorcement. However, Krystal refused to oblige. Baekhyun had no choice but to file for a separation. But Krystal was persistent and tried ways to patch things with Baekhyun. To avoid her, Baekhyun swamped himself with work and whenever there is chance, he will leave Seoul for work assignment.

Not many people knew about their seperation. Except for one person, that is his best friend Sehun. Only Sehun knew about Baekhyun's filing for seperation. Baekhyun felt the need to let Sehun know since he knew how much Sehun dotes on Krystal. Baekhyun also thought he could lost his best friend if he did that to Krystal. However to his surprise, Sehun was supportive. Probably, that's the only way that his sister could still have a chance to find happiness. Or it could be, after so much that had happened, Sehun had matured and learned to look at things in a broader way.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Stepping out from the door, Baekhyun felt a pair of arms wrapped around him. "Don't go. Please don't leave me." Krystal begged. "I promise I will change for you. I promise you anything as long as you stay with me." she cried. Baekhyun closed his eyes and gently removed Krystal's arms. "Mianhae, Krystal. I can't."

Krystal loosened her arms and wiped her tears. "It's her, isn't it?" she asked. "The reason you can't love me, it's because your heart was given to her and you never forget her!!" Krystal cried. "Why are you so foolish? That woman almost took your life! She almost ruined everyone's life! And yet, she still have the cheek to come back.."

Baekhyun lifted his eyes.

"What did you say..?"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double updates for today.. <3<3

Apology for shortage of Baekhyun for the last 2 chaps, but here you are.. =)

Stay tuned... the ending is near.