Chapter 26

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 26 - 


- Oh's Corporation - 

Dressed in a fitting blouse and a pencil skirt, Taeyeon is about to step into the Oh's Corporation. Looking up at the grand entrance of the 18 storey tall building. "This is it. Oppa. We are close to what we have been waiting for." 


"Your job is very simple. All you need to do is to ensure all the documents are in place and follow given instructions. Here is the printing room and that's the pantry. These are the two places where you will spend most of your time in. Got it?" The senior secretary briefly explained. "Deh, Thank you". Taeyeon politely thanked her. However, it was not appreciated. The secretary has been acting hostile to Taeyeon since she stepped into the marketing department. Taeyeon sensed it but she beared with it. She knew she has more important things to accomplish than to get provoke now.


"Excuse me, how about the CEO office? Where is it?" Taeyeon asked abruptly. "CEO office?" The secretary breaks into laughter. "Who do you think you are? There is no need for a small temp staff like you to know where the CEO office is." She rolled her eyes. "What's got into these young people these days..." She added as she walked past Taeyeon bumping into her on purpose. Taeyeon clenched her fist hard, but she took it in again. 


No one in the company knew about her relationship with Sehun, the future owner of Oh's Corporation. It was supposed to be a secret.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's nearly lunch. But Taeyeon hasn't finish her work. She was given a full stack of documents just 30 minutes before lunch and she was told those documents need to be ready before a conference at 2pm.

It was a bad morning.

Taeyeon knew she isn't a cut for office work. She would rather slogged at Cafe Monte, making drinks, cleaning tables and washing the dishes. The tight skirt she is wearing is restricting her every movements. She knew those skirts don't suit her and she is not used to wearing them too. But Sehun insisted. It was meant to leave a good impression for his father. Thinking of that, it has been a week since she started working in Oh's Corp and Taeyeon hasn't get a chance to meet Mr Oh at all. She doesn't even have the chance to get near his office.

"What should I do?" Taeyeon talked to herself. "What should you do what??" A sudden but familiar voice called her from behind. Taeyeon was shocked and turned around to find Sehun smirking at her. "Sehun.. What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked with a surprised tone. "Aren't you suppose to be at school now?" She asked. Sehun placed his arms around Taeyeon's waist and pulled her towards him. "Yeah. But I miss you... so I came to look for you." He said.

Taeyeon pulled herself away from Sehun immediately. "Don't be like this. This is an office. What if other people sees us?" She warned. "So what if other people see us?" Sehun pouted abit. "I think it would be better if someone sees us. If everyone knew you are my girl, then no one dare to bully you like this." Sehun points to the stack of papers which Taeyeon has to prepare.

"Come with me." Sehun pulled Taeyeon. "Where to?" She asked. "I am hungry. Let's go for lunch." Sehun said while dragging Taeyeon along by holding onto her wrist. "No wait, I still have a lot of documents to....."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Over lunch, Taeyeon and Sehun was sitting together in the company's cafeteria. Eyes were on them. Everyone there know Oh Sehun. Of course they do. Sehun is deemed as the most eligible bachelor in the eyes of all staffs in Oh's Corp. Good looking, smart, cute and most importantly, he is the future owner of this 18 storey tall building and the multi-million dollar business. 

Taeyeon fidgets around as she can feel eyes of jealous women staring hard at her. She avoided those glances and look at Sehun in front of her who is busying on the phone. Finally, he hung up. "Don't worry about the documents. It's settled." He smiled at Taeyeon and continue with his meal. "Settled? How?" Taeyeon asked. "Don't ask so much. Just eat your lunch. Otherwise you won't be in time to return to work." Sehun assured her. But Taeyeon just looked at him. Sehun let out a small sigh. "C'mon, I'm the little owner of Oh's Corp. It's not too difficult to get help to print that few pieces of paper. So stop staring at me and start eating."


"Deh.." Taeyeon looked up. "Have you seen Baekhyun these days?" She asked. "Nope. Hadn't been seeing him lately. Recently I'm busy between school and company. And I guess he needs to spend time with his father. Why?" Sehun asked. "Nothing. Just wondering how his father and him are doing." She said. "I heard from Krystal that Uncle Byun is recovering well. Not too worry." Sehun shared while Taeyeon nodded as she continue with her food.

It has been more than a week since Taeyeon last met Baekhyun. She used to meet the trios regularly when she was working in Monte since they are regulars to the cafe. But now, they no longer see each other. Still puzzling with what happened at the hospital, Taeyeon clearly remember she could feel Baekhyun's breath that morning. "What was he trying to do?" This thought has been going on in Taeyeon's mind for the past week. But lifting her head up, she saw Sehun happily munching on his food.

Sehun has been a good boy lately. He reports to Oh's Corp daily and timely after school. Forsaking his fun time with his best friends, he diligently learn ropes from his father and the senior executives. Whenever he has a break, he will look for Taeyeon. Even if it's just for a glance.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This day, Taeyeon knocked off early from work. Unlike the other days, Sehun was not there to pick her up. He has to attend a wedding with his family. Walking along the streets, she has no where to go. Taeyeon didn't want to return home early because she doesn't know what to say to G-Dragon. 

It has been a week since she joined Oh's Corp. Yet, she didn't have any plans to get near to what they want. She knew G-Dragon is getting impatient. Even though he didn't pressure Taeyeon, she can feel it. Seeing the urge and rage in his eyes, Taeyeon doesn't know how to face him.


Somehow, Taeyeon unknowingly made her way to Dongdaemun.

Just a few steps away is a familiar place to her.

Cafe Monte.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Taeyeon ordered her favourite drink and sat down at a corner of Monte. Looking out from the window, busy footsteps walking to and fro. Memories start to flow through Taeyeon's mind. 

She remembered how she ended up working in Monte, how she first met Sehun and Baekhyun and their encounter with the Beasts in Mid-Town. She remembered how Sehun and Baekhyun foolishly tried to save her from the Beasts, but ended beaten up by those people. She remembered how Baekhyun care about her wound, went all the way to Mid-town to look for her alone despite of the danger. She remembered how the trio picked her up from the playground after she fought with G-Dragon, and how Sehun housed her for the night without laying a finger on her. Unknowingly, those memories engraved themselves in Taeyeon's heart.

It was until she met Baekhyun and Sehun, Taeyeon realized it's not just Jiyong oppa who cares about her. And Jiyong oppa is not the only person she cares about too. She was worried about Sehun when he felt sick. She was worried about Baekhyun when his father fought for his life in the hospital. Unknowingly, she cares for them.


The sound of the open door to Monte awakened Taeyeon from her thoughts. A familiar figure walked in, and their eyes met. "Baekhyun..." Taeyeon called out softly.  "Taeyeon?" Baekhyun walked towards her. As he got nearer, he noticed something different about Taeyeon. Noticed Baekhyun is looking at her in a weird way. "Why are you staring at me like this?" Taeyeon asked. The abrupt question took Baekhyun by surprise and it took him a few more seconds to realize why Taeyeon is dressed differently. "Mianhae, I didn't mean to..... I got it now. You started working in Sehun's father company, that's why you are dressing like this." Baekhyun said as he stopped in front of Taeyeon.


"Are you going to stand like this forever? Take a seat here if you don't mind." Taeyeon offered. Baekhyun obliged and sat across Taeyeon. "Why are you here..." Both of them asked at the same time.

"I just knocked off and I thought I should get a drink so I came here." Taeyeon explained first. "I see. I guess me too. I thought of having a drink and this is the only place I can think of." Baekhyun explained with a small smile.

"Good to see you smile." Taeyeon commented. "This shows your father is recovering well." She added. Baekhyun nodded slightly but the smile on his face faded. Taeyeon noticed it. "What's wrong?" She asked. Baekhyun looked up. "Oh nothing. Just tired probably." He forced a smile. "Why are you alone? Where's Sehun?" He asked. "He has a family event. You should know. Krystal should be at the same event too." Taeyeon explained as she took a sip on her drink. "Right... Krystal mentiond it. Sorry, I wasn't in the right state of mind lately." Baekhyun explained.

He's right. Taeyeon sensed it too. 

Baekhyun is usually clear-headed, observant and organized. He doesn't make mistakes like these. Taeyeon took a glance at him. For some reason, his eyes look sad. Misery is all written in them. Taeyeon used to see the same thing in Jiyong oppa's eyes too. "What happened to him?" "Is he worried about his father?" "Or is he just too tired like he said." These thoughts stayed in Taeyeon's mind.


"Hey." Taeyeon broke the silence. "Hmm?" Baekhyun responded. "Bring me to a place." Taeyeon requested. Baekhyun widened his eyes. "Where?" Taeyeon smirked and took his car keys..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"This is cool!!!"

Taeyeon took on the wheels of Baekhyun's car. As she sped, Baekhyun held tightly onto the car. The speed Taeyeon is going is way beyond what Baekhyun usually goes at. But he didn't stop her since she looks like she's having fun. Looking out from the windscreen, "Seoul is nice in the evening ya." Taeyeon commented. Baekhyun looked to where Taeyeon is looking and nodded. "Indeed." But soon, it was followed by a sigh. 

Taeyeon noticed it again. Taeyeon pulled over the car by the Han River. This is the second time they came here together. The first time was after they sent Yoohyun to the police station, Baekhyun stopped by after noticing Taeyeon sticked her eyes onto the night scenery of this place. This time, it was Taeyeon who stopped by after noticing Baekhyun is in a foul mood.


Walking towards the beautiful river, "I really love this place." Taeyeon said as they sat down by the river. "I always come here alone when I'm unhappy." She added. "I don't know why, but this place makes me feel calm. No matter what happened. No matter how bad I felt. It always makes me feel better."

"I guess it really does." Baekhyun said as he closed his eyes and lied down onto the grass. Taeyeon joined him. The two welcome the silence between them, as they take in the night scenery and stare blankly at the stars in the velvet sky. It's weird. Every time they are together, even though they do not have a lot to talk about, there is this comfort feeling..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's almost 12am when Baekhyun drove Taeyeon back to Midtown. 

"Thank you." 

This time, it was Baekhyun who broke the silence. "Thank me for?" Taeyeon asked obliviously. "For bringing me to the Han River." Baekhyun said. "It really made me feel better. Thanks." He added. "So we are even now. You brought me there once. Now I have returned the favor." Taeyeon looked at Baekhyun before showing a grin.

"But.." Taeyeon added. "Why are you unhappy?" She asked. Baekhyun didn't reply. Knowing he is avoiding the topic, Taeyeon didn't ask further. "It's okay if you don't feel like talking about it." Taeyeon said.

"Forget about the unhappy stuffs." Baekhyun suddenly let out and changed a topic. "I didn't know you can drive so well." He said. Taeyeon let out a small laughter. "I didn't know too." She said. "What?" Baekhyun crooked his brow. "What do you mean you don't know?" He asked. A grin appeared on Taeyeon's face. "How would I know since this is the first time I drove." She said. "Your first time driving?" Baekhyun widened his eyes. Taeyeon nodded. "Then it's a waste on your driving license and skills then," Baekhyun casually remarked.

"Not really. Since I don't have a driving license.."

Baekhyun blinked his eyes in surprised. "You what?" Baekhyun's car stopped right at the usual spot where he usually drops Taeyeon. Still waiting for Taeyeon's response, Baekhyun eyes remain widened. "Got you. I was kidding!! C'mon, I know it's illegal to drive without a license! And I don't do illegal stuff okay." Taeyeon smirked as she turned around to alight from Baekhyun's car. 

Watching Taeyeon leaves, Baekhyun shook his head with a disbelief smile. "How can she joke like that?" He thought to himself with a smile. Baekhyun had a bad day earlier. He went Cafe Monte because he was feeling down and he wanted to be alone. Never did he expect to meet Taeyeon there. It has been a week since he last met her. And he remembered how he almost betrayed his best friend by kissing Taeyeon at the hospital. Baekhyun was glad he didn't cross the line. But at the same time, there is a tint of bitterness in his heart. Watching the diminishing figure of Taeyeon from the windscreen, Baekhyun brows knitted.

The thought of what happened earlier the day, makes his brows knitted more. About his talk with his father, and what he promised his father. The bitterness in his heart gets stronger and stronger. "Perhaps it's destined. Perhaps I shouldn't defy my fate." Baekhyun thought to himself.

Just when he was about to leave, Baekhyun noticed something on the passenger seat. Earrings. It belongs to Taeyeon. Baekhyun picked it up and alighted from his car hoping he could catch up with her. But he looked around the surroundings. There is no sight of Taeyeon. "Where does she live?" He asked himself as he starts to walk around. Baekhyun has never send Taeyeon to her doorstep. He doesn't know exactly where she lives. He took out his cellphone but only to find it low batt. Baekhyun knew it's dangerous to stay around Mid-town in the middle of the night, but he decided to try his luck.

Walking along the trails he usually see Taeyeon taking, it's leading him deeper and deeper into the 6th avenue of Mid-town. Once or twice, he sees drunkards walking past him, exchanging intimidated glances with him, but that didn't stop him. Somehow in his heart, he is curious about the kind of life Taeyeon is leading. And also, how does her family looks like... particularly her brother.
 

It didn't take too long for Baekhyun to come to a dead end. There, he spotted a familiar figure. But it's someone he never expected. The tattoos, the body piercings. That hair, that man. He knows that man. That same man. Baekhyun hid himself behind a wall so he won't get caught.

"Him again. Why is he here?" 

"Wait."

"This is getting weird... really weird."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 26 for you!!!

Hope you like this story so far. Please comment so I know if you like it or not.

Annyeong <3