Chapter 14

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 14 - 

- University Central Park -

"What!" Krystal snapped. "She spent a night at oppa's apartment?" Baekhyun lowers his head and sighs, "I know this wasn't the best idea. But it's safer to house her in Sehun's apartment than in a motel." "You call that safe?" Krystal folded her arms in anger. "I know what she is up to. A girl like her sleeps around to get things she wants. And now she's taking advantage of my brother. How dare she!"

"It's not what you think. You shouldn't judge Taeyeon like this." Baekhyun defended. "I'm not judging. Ask yourself. What kind of woman will spend the night alone in a man's house? I bet that girl knew oppa has interest in her and purposely staged everything to seduce him. How can the three of you be so naive and believe in everything she said?"

Krystal's judgements left Baekhyun almost speechless. "I'm sure Taeyeon is not that kind of women." Krystal glared at him because of the way Baekhyun is defending Taeyeon. "How do you know? You don't even know her well." Krystal questioned. "Look, I don't want you to have anything with her. Don't even talk or look at her. Promise me."

Baekhyun's expression hardened. "This is unreasonable. You can't restrict who I befriend." "Oppa, are you trying to pick a fight with me over a random Mid-Town girl?"  Krystal pouted as she stared at Baekhyun and her eyes full of jealousy. Baekhyun gasps a mouthful of air and let out, "Krystal, there is something I have been wanting to talk to you. It's regarding the pact.."

But before Baekhyun finished his sentence, Krystal noticed a petite girl walking past the Central Park from afar. It was Taeyeon. She glares at her and found Taeyeon stopped and looked over. Krystal share a quick glance with Taeyeon, and anguish took over her entire mind. Krystal clenched her fist and leans up to Baekhyun pressing her lips fully onto Baekhyun's..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Flashback -

"I should get going for my work. I got my job back at Monte." Taeyeon smiled. "Really? That's awesome!" Sehun's eyes brightened up. "Yeah, so I guess I'll be seeing you guys around." Sehun stood and watched Taeyeon as she walks her way out. "You are in love with her, aren't you?" Chanyeol muttered. Sehun sat down and the grin on his face answered Chanyeol's question.

"Do you think she will agree if I ask her to our year-end ball?" Sehun looked down on his palm. "Year-end ball?" Chanyeol raised his brow. "Yep. In a month's time. I heard it from my dad. He is funding the ball again this year. I intend to ask Taeyeon to be my partner." Chanyeol straightened up his body and faced Sehun. "Are you serious? For the last two years, your father arranged partners for you." Sehun clicks his tougue, "That's because I don't have a girlfriend." Chanyeol shook his head, "Nope, that's because you don't have an APPROVED girlfriend."

"You are serious with Taeyeon?" Chanyeol asked. Sehun pouts, "I don't know. There is this charm in her that I couldn't explain. I never had this feeling before. I seem to have trouble getting her out of my mind since the first day we met." Chanyeol holds onto his own chin, "But the thing is, Taeyeon is not even your girlfriend now."

Sehun laid his back onto the chair. "I know. That's why I need to work harder." Chanyeol shook his head again. "Even you managed to court her within a month, your parents won't approve her. Especially if they know she is from Mid-Town." Sehun closed his eyes and stretches his neck, "I don't care. They will have no say if I really love a woman."
 

- Flashback ends -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- MidTown -

G-Dragon browsing at the pictures he asked to be taken. "Oh Sehun" "Oh Krystal" "Byun Baekhyun". The offsprings of Oh's and Byun's family. G-Dragon bit his lips hard as he stared into those pictures.

Looking up to the girl in front of him, "You sure you want to do this?" G-Dragon asked.

"You know me. Once I have decided, there's no turning back." Taeyeon said firmly as she removed the pictures from G-Dragon's hands. "You focused on gathering the evidences while I get myself near to these people." G-Dragon took a puff on his cigarette, "Promise me, nothing comes before your own safety."

Taeyeon let out a small smile, "You don't have to worry. These people are more naive than you think. Especially him....."  Taeyeon pulls out Sehun's picture and show it to G-Dragon's face. "So you intend to make the naive one to fall for you?" G-Dragon asked. "I don't have to. He already did." Taeyeon replied. G-Dragon widens his eyes, smirks at that reply, and nods impressively.

Taeyeon run her fingers through the deck of pictures and pull out Baekhyun and Krystal. Flashes across her mind was the kiss she witnessed at the Central Park the same day. No matter how sincere or credible Byun Baekhyun appeared to be, he is still a man afterall. His knees still get weaken in front of woman like Krystal.

G-Dragon watched Taeyeon staring at the pictures. "Why? You want the Byun to fall for you too?" Taeyeon left a weak smile and shook her head. "He doesn't really have to. I just need to make his girlfriend believe so....."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Oh's family -


"Sehuna~ " Sehun's mother rushed to Sehun and gave him a huge hug at the doorstep. Even though Sehun goes home every week for dinner, his mother always feels like he is away for years. "Umma, do you always have to do this every time I return home?" Sehun groaned as he returned the hug.

"Ah, Baekhyuna. It's been a long time since you came here for dinner." Sehun's mother welcomed Baekhyun as he gave her a 90 degree bow. "Come in, Sehun's father must be so happy to see you. He has been waiting to have another chess game with you." She smiled dearly at Baekhyun.

"Appa" Sehun greets his father who is sitting by the dining table while Baekhyun gave his uncle a bow. "Baekhyun, so good to see you here." Sehun's father stood up and gave Baekhyun a pat. "You should come here more often. Don't wait until I ask your father to invite you on my behalf." Baekhyun smiled embarrassedly and gave him another bow. "Sorry about that. I have been busy lately. I promise I will visit more often." Sehun's father nods and smiles broadly at him, "That's more like it. Sehuna, remember to bring your future brother-in-law home more often."

"Arh" Sehun nodded briefly. "What arh? Speak to your father properly." Sehun's mum instructed. "Neh, I will." Sehun corrected.

"Oppa~" A voice came along from the staircase. Krystal walked down and joined the rest at the dining table. Sehun's mother sighs at her daughter, "What took you so long to come down? It's not nice to let Baekhyun wait." "Erh no... it's fine." Baekhyun quickly responded. "Umma, forget about those formality. It's as if they don't know each other. They meet at school everyday." Sehun laughed.

Sehun's father coughed himself at Sehun. "Sehuna, so when do you intend to move back?" Sehun widens his eyes, "Huh move back?" His father nodded. "Wait till I finished my degree first." Sehun's father sighed and turned his face to Baekhyun. "If only my son is half as obedient as you." Sehun's mother laughed. "Be patient. Very soon, you will have Baekhyun as your second son." The two elders laughed whole-heartedly at Mrs Oh comment while Krystal smiled shyly at Baekhyun. Baekhyun his lips in embarassment and exchanged glances with Sehun, signalling for his help.
 

"Oh yeah. Appa, regarding the year-end ball this year." Sehun let out suddenly. "You need not make arrangements for me. I'll get myself a partner." Sehun's mother frowned at her son, "Your own partner?" 

"Sehuna, you seeing someone now?" His father asked as he placed his chopsticks down waiting for an answer. "Erm not really." Sehun replied. "Just that it's odd to arrange me with those woman whom I don't even know. I'm old enough, let me worry about that myself." Sehun's mother look at her son and sighs, "If you are really seeing someone, bring her home one day. Your appa and me would like to meet her."

Sehun nodded and muttered softly, "What's with the trouble? You will meet her at the ball anyway."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After the dinner at Oh's house, Sehun droved Baekhyun home. 

"You didn't have to send me home. You should spend more time with your family." Baekhyun advised. Sehun sticked out his tougue, "I get nauseous if I stayed there for one more minute. You know my parents, they like to ask a lot of questions." He said. "They asked because they care." Baekhyun smiled.

"Well, but it's obvious my parents dotes you more than me. My father is so happy every time he sees you. And I wonder where do you get the patience to play chess with him?" Sehun laughed, "No wonder they can't wait to have you into our family!". Hearing that, the smile on Baekhyun fades away.

Sehun noticed it. "You haven't talk to Krystal yet?" Sehun asked. Baekhyun let out a sigh and looked out of the car window. "I tried to talk to her today but ......." He recalled how Krystal forced her lips on him the same afternoon. The kiss was so hard that he had to push her away from him. He felt bad doing so since Krystal is a girl afterall. But he had to do it. Baekhyun closes his eyes, "Forget it. I'll find another chance to talk to her." "You gotta be quick then. My parents are totally taking you as their son-in-law already." Sehun advised.

Baekhyun let out another heavy sigh, "Don't talk about me." And turned his face to Sehun. "You? Who are you bringing to the ball?" Sehun smirks at Baekhyun's question. "Looks like you have someone in mind already?" Sehun nods and bit his bottom lips. "But I haven't ask her yet." Baekhyun laughs out, "Well, who will reject our mighty Oh Sehun?" 

Sehun flashed a smile on his face."So it's someone whom you want your parents to meet?" Baekhyun probed further. Sehun took a deep breath and nods his head firmly. Baekhyun gave Sehun a doubted look and Sehun returned him with a grin.

"It's Taeyeon actually." Sehun confessed.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~