Chapter 18

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 18 - 


Sehun sent Taeyeon home after they left the ball. The car reached Mid-town. "I'm getting off here." Taeyeon said as she pulls her hands out from Sehun's. But Sehun's hand held tightly onto hers, refusing to let go. "Accompany me for awhile before you go" Sehun requested. Taeyeon looked at him and nodded with a small smile. She looked down at the tightly interwined fingers.

"I love you Taeyeon."

The sudden confession startled Taeyeon again. "I'm the luckiest man in the world tonight because I have you." he added. Hearing that from Sehun, Taeyeon didn't know what to say to him. She is not ready to use the three words. Looking at the grin on Sehun's face, Taeyeon was at lost. She lowered her head. "Sehun, I...."

"Hmm?" Sehun asked. Taeyeon shook her head and took her words back.


"So what should we do tomorrow?" Sehun said. "Huh?" Taeyeon responded. "We should go on a date officially. What do you want to do? Movie? Karaoke? Picnic? Umm what else.....?" Sehun suggested. Taeyeon thought for awhile before drawing her hand out and placed onto Sehun's. "We are not going anywhere until you have talked to your parents." Taeyeon's words instantly turned the grin on Sehun's face into a frown. "I told you you don't have to worry about them. It's me you are dating, not my parents." Taeyeon pat on Sehun's head. "Listen to me. We need to have your parent's consent before we start dating officially. Promise me you'll talk to them tomorrow."

Sehun hesitantly nods his head. "We'll see." 

Taeyeon smiled and cupped Sehun's cheek with her hands. "I gotta go." Sehun nodded and stretched his arms to bring Taeyeon into his hug. He rest his face on the crook of Taeyeon's neck. "I'm going to miss you." he said. Taeyeon smiled and slowly raised her arms to return the hug.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The following day, Sehun's sleep was interrupted by the door bell early in the morning. He opened the door to find Chanyeol and Baekhyun at his apartment. "What are you doing here early in the morning?" Sehun asked as he dropped himself onto the couch, yawning. "We are here to see if you are okay." Chanyeol joined him on the couch. Sehun puts on a frown. "Of course I am okay. What's wrong? Did my parents send you two here?" he asked.

"They were very mad when you left the ball last night." Baekhyun said. "No matter what, you should at least return home and talk to them. Your mum is very worried." he added. Sehun thought for awhile. "They won't listen even if I talk to them now. Wait for a few days and see how things goes." Baekhyun his lips as he adds on, "Avoiding doesn't solve problems. You have to deal with this sooner or later." Sehun frowned. "I'm not avoiding. I'm just looking for a right time to talk to them. Let me deal with this myself. I know my parents. Don't worry about me."

Baekhyun shrugs, "Alright then. It's up to you since they are your parents."
 

Chanyeol took the chance to lean closer to Sehun. "So the two of you official now?" he asked. Sehun nods, "I confessed and she accepted me." Chanyeol gave a punch on Sehun's arm. "Good for you.." he teased. Baekhyun also gave his blessing by showing a smile to Sehun. Baekhyun knew the two are officially a couple when he saw them locking lips last night. As a close hyung and chingu to Sehun, he feels happy for Sehun that he finally won the heart of the woman he loved. But something in Baekhyun is stopping himself from giving his wholehearted blessing to them. A part of it was because Sehun fell out with his family over Taeyeon, it was a bad start. Another part of it, he couldn't figure out.

"Baek, how about you and Krystal?" Sehun changed topic. Baekhyun looks up and shrugs his shoulders. "We talked. But it didn't turn out well." Chanyeol stood up and walked to Baekhyun. "What exactly did you tell her?". Baekhyun sigh and look at his laps. "I told her we should forget about the pact and move on in seperate ways."

Chanyeol eyes widened. "Woo... that's hurting." Baekhyun sighs again, "I have to be clear. I wasted too much of her time. It's more hurting for her if I drag this on." Chanyeol nodded at Baekhyun's words. Sehun stood up and joined them. "I agree with what Baekhyun is doing." Chanyeol laughed and looked at Sehun. "Are you taking revenge on your own sister who messed up things for you last night?" he joked.

"Pssf...that girl...." Sehun pouted. "No matter what she did, she's still my biological sister. I still want the best for her, especially her life-long happiness. Baekhyun is right, dragging it on will only hurt Krystal further."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Sorry I'm late." Krystal arrives at the restaurant where she is meeting Baekhyun. "It's okay. I'm early." Baekhyun replied with a small smile. "How's my oppa? Have you met him lately?" she asked. "He looks fine." Baekhyun replied. Krystal looked at Baekhyun doubtfully. "Really? He hasn't come home or gave us any call since the ball. My parents are still very mad at him. I'm worried too."


"If you care about your brother, then why did you do that on the ball?" Baekhyun asked. Taken aback by the sudden questioning, "What do you mean?" Krystal asked. "Why did you do that to Taeyeon and your brother?" Baekhyun repeated. Krystal gave a pissed face. "Can you not bring up that 's name?"

"Taeyeon is a friend to me and your brother. If you don't like her, it's fine. But you should at least respect her." Baekhyun stressed. Hearing Baekhyun's defense on Taeyeon, Krystal's anger raised. "I did it on purpose. But so what? I don't like her. It irritates me when I see her with my brother. But above all, what triggers me the most is you! I couldn't stand how you helped her and saved her from the situation. I hated the way you two look at each other! I don't even want to hear her name coming out from your mouth." Krystal snapped.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. "Get the facts right. Taeyeon and I are just friends. And...and.. she is dating your brother now. Besides, I made myself clear that night. I don't have that kind of feelings for you. We should just forget the pact and end it ." Krystal knew Baekhyun is going to bring this topic up again sooner or later. She smiled coldly. "If you think I will agree and come to an agreement with you. Baekhyun-oppa, no way!" Krystal angrily stood up and walked out from the restaurant.

Baekhyun sits there feeling disappointed at how things turned out when hIs phone rang.  The name on the display saved his day. 

"Yoboseyo, Baekhyun?" 
"Deh, Taeyeon.." 

The excitement of hearing Taeyeon's voice stayed with Baekhyun for a second until he reminds himself that's Sehun's girl who is calling him. He shakes off the excitement. "Erh.. anything I can help?" he asked. "Umm. Remember the girl we picked up from the street? I was told she had settled down in an orphanage and she requested to meet us." Baekhyun let out a smile. "Really? That's good news." Taeyeon giggled over the phone. "Are you free now? Do you want to come along?" Baekhyun hesitated. 

"You have something on? Then it's okay. I will go by myself. Bye!" 
"Hey wait. I have time now. I'll go with you."

Hanging up the phone, Baekhyun made his way to the carpark to pick up his car. What he didn't notice was, his conversation with Taeyeon was overheard by Krystal who turned her way back to the restaurant.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Baekhyun's car reached the orphanage. Welcoming him at the gate was Taeyeon's huge smile waving at him. "Annyeong!" Taeyeon greeted him. But before Baekhyun can greet her back, Taeyeon excitedly pulled his arm and leads him into the one storey building. "She's waiting for us. Come quick!" Expecting them at the entrance is the volunteer who's incharge of the girl. "This is Ms Park. She is the one who is taking care of Yoohyun."

"Yoohyun?" Baekhyun asked. "Umm.. the girl's name. Yoohyun." Taeyeon said with an eye-smile.

"Thanks for being here. We were given your contacts when we requested on Yoohyun's behalf. She has been asking for the oppa and unnie who helped her that day. We are very thankful that you can come." Ms Park explained as she show them the way to Yoohyun's room.

The three reached a room with Yoohyun as one of the names written on the door. "Yoohyun will be so happy to see both of you." Ms Park smiled as she opened the door. Behind the door, they saw the 5 year old girl sitting in the room playing with her roommates happily. 

"Yoohyun, Look who's here to visit you." Ms Park called. Taeyeon walked over and kneeled in front of the girl. "Annyeong. Do you remember me?" Yoohyun nodded. "You are the unnie who got me food and clothes." Yoohyun replied and points her finger to the coat hanging on the wall. Taeyeon puts on a wide grin when she saw the coat she got for Yoohyun. Tears almost fell down from her eyes. But Taeyeon sniffed them in. She stood up and pull Baekhyun over. "Yoohyun, how about this oppa? You remember him?" Yoohyun nods again. "The handsome oppa who drives me to the police station." 

Those words brought laughter on Taeyeon and Ms Park. Knowing the ladies were laughing at him, a tint of blush appeared on Baekhyun's cheek. "Ahh Yoohyun look, you made Baekhyun oppa shy." Taeyeon teased. Baekhyun couldn't hide that blush even he tried to distract them away from it with a wide smile.


The two spent quite a bit of fun time playing with Yoohyun until it's time to go. They promised Ms Park to visit Yoohyun as often as they can before they leave the orphanage. Walking away from the building, Taeyeon still couldn't get over the great time they had with Yoohyun. She knew it was the right thing to hand Yoohyun to the police. She is happy because Yoohyun looks happy now. Baekhyun too. He was having a foul mood earlier after the talk with Krystal, but now he has put everything unhappy behind his head. He's enjoying every moment he had at the orphanage with Taeyeon and Yoohyun. Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon who was walking and smiling beside him. He was glad that she didn't get too affected by what happened at the ball.


"This is the first time I've seen you laughing like this." Baekhyun commented. Taeyeon smirked. "This is also the first time I've seen you playing around like this. You look so serious all the time. It turns people away from you you know." Baekhyun's eyes widened. "Hey, who's the one who is turning people away?!" he shoots back. Both of them hit each other on the arms as they 'fight' along the way. 

Reaching Backhyun's car, he offered Taeyeon a ride home.


"It's okay. I can take the train." Taeyeon rejected. Something instantly strikes Baekhyun's mind when she rejected him. He looked down and smiled. "Okay. I won't insist then." he replied. Looking up at the orphanage, he continues, "Maybe you should bring Sehun here the next time. He will be happy to meet Yoohyun." Alittle startled by Baekhyun's suggestion, Taeyeon nods slightly. "Yah, next time we should come with Sehun. That would be nice." she said with a small smile. Baekhyun nods before bidding goodbye to Taeyeon. Taeyeon watching his car as he drives away.


What they didn't notice was, a pair of eyes has been watching their every moves behind the wall...
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~