Chapter 15

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 15 - 


It was 8PM and Taeyeon was busy closing the cafe for the day. She cleaned up the tables, cleared the counter and make her way out to lock the door. A gentle tap on her shoulder gave her a slight shock. "Oh it's you." Taeyeon spinned around and found Sehun standing behind her. "Why are you here?" Taeyeon asked. "Waiting for you to knock off." Sehun replied. "Waiting for me? Why didn't you look for me in the cafe? It's cold outside." Taeyeon asked. "I didn't want to disturb you so I stayed around here." Sehun explained.

"So anything I can help?" Taeyeon asked as the both of them walked down the streets of Dongdaemun. "I was hungry when I passed by Monte. I was thinking maybe you can accompany me for dinner. I'm sure you haven't had yours right?" Sehun asked. Taeyeon smiled, and places both hands into her coat for warmth. "So you're looking for companion huh. Where are your friends?"

"Chanyeol is meeting his family, Baekhyun has a date. So there's only me." Sehun smirked. Taeyeon turned her face away and looked across the street with a smile. "Do you usually ask a girl out like this?" She turned her face back to Sehun. Sehun looked down and smiled. "Not really. Usually I'm more direct." The both of them laughed.


They walked past a street stall. Taeyeon stopped by and browsed at the food. "Let's eat here." Taeyeon suggested. "Huh here? Street stall?" Sehun mouth dropped open. "What's wrong with street stall? C'mon, I have cravings for Soju." Taeyeon pulled Sehun's arm into the stall. Sehun fidgets himself as they sat down. "First time having street food?" Taeyeon asked. Sehun nods embarrassedly. "I knew it by looking at the food you guys eat at home." Taeyeon smiled. "You must try the ddeokbokki here. Street ddeokbokki is the best!" Sehun nods and watches Taeyeon quietly with a grin as she browsed the menu.


"Here, drink this!" Taeyeon poured a glass of Soju and passed it to Sehun. "No, I can't drink." Sehun shook his head. "Don't you know it's rude to reject a drink?" Taeyeon frowned. "C'mon be a man and drink it." Sehun hesitantly took the glass and sip. "That's not the way to drink Soju! Look at me!" Taeyeon took a gulp and bottoms up her glass of Soju within split second. She placed the empty glass on the table and looked back at Sehun. "Do it!" Taeyeon ordered. Sehun stared at his glass, closed his eyes, covered his nose and then gulped it. "Yikes, this is strong!!"  Taeyeon laughed as she topped up his glass with more Soju. As the dinner proceeds and after a few glasses of alcohol, Sehun starts to feel drowsy. "Taeyeon, stop filling up my glass. I think I'm getting drunk." Sehun begged and his cheek blushed as the alcohol took effect. Taeyeon smiled and obliged. 


After dinner, Sehun couldn't even walk straight. Taeyeon have to hold on to his arm to keep his balance. "Are you okay?" Taeyeon asked. Sehun nodded but still couldn't walk properly. Taeyeon brought him to a nearby bench and sit down. Sehun rest his head on his palm. "I'm sorry. I knew you can't hold your liquor but I still make you drink." Taeyeon apologized. Sehun sits up and shook his head. "No, I really happy today." He smiled and his cheek blushed even more. "I think you are really drunk. Let's go, I'll send you home." Taeyeon stood up but Sehun pulled her back down. That pull made Taeyeon fell onto Sehun's knee. 


Sehun leaned forward. His breathing is on her face now. The smell of the alcohol on him became stronger as he leaned closer to her. "Taeyeon...." Sehun called. "Can you be my partner for the ball...." His voice starts to fade away. Taeyeon looked into his eyes. "Sehun?" She called. But she found his eyes slowly closed. 

Sehun was knocked-out totally. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

"This steak is really good." Krystal cuts a small piece and placed it in front of Baekhyun. "Come, try it." Baekhyun shook his head slightly, "I don't really like steak." Krystal pouted. "You don't?" She placed it back onto her plate. "I remember you do eat steak. We often dine in steakhouse, didn't we?" Krystal said. "That's because you like steak, not me." Baekhyun replied. Krystal placed her culteries down. "Are you trying to imply something?" She asked. Baekhyun nods, "Krystal, I think we need to talk." "Oppa, let's not spoilt the night. If you don't like steak, we can have something else. Seafood? Hotpot? Whatever you want, I can accomodate."

"It's not about the food. It's about us." 

Krystal's facial expression turns stiff. Baekhyun continues, "Regarding us seeing each other because of the pact our parents made decades ago, I don't feel it's right." His words instantly pierced through Krystal's heart. She held her fist tight. "Do you know what you are talking about?" Krystal asked. "Did you forget what you promised your mother on her deathbed?" 

"I never forget. She is the reason why I persist on for these years. But I can't do this anymore. It's unfair to you. I know my mother will understand if she's still around." Baekhyun explained. Krystal glared at the man she loves. "What do you mean by unfair to me?" Baekhyun his lips and continues, "I treated you like a dongsaeng since young. And that never changed until now." Krystal clenched her fist harder. "It will not bring us happiness if we forced ourselves together. It'll be for the rest of our life." Baekhyun continued. Krystal's eyes turned red. "You think you are forcing yourself when you are with me?" She asked. Baekhyun lowered his head, "It's my fault for dragging this until today. I should have talk to you earlier."

"And you think our fathers will agree to it?" Krystal asked. Baekhyun leaned towards the table. "I believe they will if both of us have the common consensus." Krystal stared at Baekhyun. "And what makes you think that I WILL agree to it?" 


"Tze - Tze... "

The vibrating of Baekhyun's cellphone broke the silence. His brows furrowed with doubts as he saw Taeyeon's name appearing on the display. Baekhyun picked it up. Coming from the other side of the phone even before he greets, "I need your help here. Sehun is drunk and I can't handle him alone...." It took Baekhyun a few seconds before he responded, "Neh, where are you now? I come right away."

Baekhyun hung up and looked at Krystal. "I have to go. Your oppa is drunk and he needs help. Let me send you home first." Krystal stared blankly into open, "You go first. I'm staying for awhile." Baekhyun nods. He stood up, put on his coat and walked away. Krystal sniffed in her tears and watched Baekhyun leaving.

"You want to end it just like that? No way. Oh Krystal never fail to get things she wants."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Baekhyun pulled over his car along the streets of Dongdaemun and jogged his way looking for Taeyeon and Sehun. Shortly, he found them on a bench from afar. Sehun's head was lying on Taeyeon's shoulder and Taeyeon is blowing on her own hands to keep warmth. 

He walked over. "Thank god you are here. I'm freezing." Taeyeon looked up to the man who had just arrived for help. She signalled Baekhyun to remove the asleeped Sehun who had his whole body leaning against her. Baekhyun removed his coat and lifted Sehun away from Taeyeon. "This boy is heavy." Taeyeon stood up and stretched her aching body. At the same time, she's jumping herself to relief the coldness she gets for staying outdoor for almost an hour. "Take it." Baekhyun offered Taeyeon to take his coat he left on the bench. Taeyeon hesitated. "What about you?" Taeyeon asked. "Carrying this man keeps me warm enough." Baekhyun smiled.

Taeyeon obliged and took Baekhyun's coat. 
 

They walked their way to Baekhyun's car. Baekhyun dropped Sehun into the back seat and invited Taeyeon into his car as well. "It's okay. I can go home myself." Taeyeon took off Baekhyun's coat and returned to him. "I know you don't like me alot but it's late, let me send you back." Baekhyun said as he opened the car door for her. Taeyeon was reluctant but she obliged.

In the car. "What make Sehun so drunk?" Baekhyun asked. "I made him drank a few glasses of soju." Taeyeon anwsered. "Soju?" Baekhyun responded with raised brow. "Didn't he tell you he gets drunk even with half a glass of red wine?" Baekhyun said. Taeyeon turned her surprised face to Baekhyun. "Seriously?" She asked and both of them let out a small laugh.

The laughter was soon replaced by an awkward silence. The silence went on until Baekhyun decided to break it. "Was it a date?" He asked. That question took Taeyeon by surprise. "Sehun and me?" She asked. Baekhyun took a quick glance at her and nodded. Taeyeon thought for awhile, and shrugs "I don't know, maybe." 


The silence in the car resumed. This time it was Taeyeon who starts talking. "I heard Sehun mentioned about the ball. Are you aware of it?" Baekhyun heard her question but he paused for awhile before he answers it. "Sehun asked you already?" He asked. Taeyeon titled her head for awhile and then nods, "I guess he did."

Baekhyun took another glance at Taeyeon and asked. "So you agree to go with him?"

"I guess there is no reason for me to reject....."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~